Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How to Break Away from Narcissistic Parents (mother) ?

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So it's all in the question.

Parents pretty succesful, but I am quite a dependant child.. as I grew up I've been able to stand more and more on my own... Still doesnt seems enought... like Restunknown thread... I can barely relate to guys, its so much easier to make female friends.

Currently working with parents for business... parents promised something, they decided to do something else (like usual... you can't trust my parents). So I am stuck and likely thrown under a bus.

Got into an argument... so debatting to let it go for know and find out more details about what's going on (basically selling the business and I might get nothing... or i might find out its sold but I get something... anyway... parents decided its their way and to not respect the agreement signed with me last year). It doesn't seems to have anything to do with my skills in the job, love the job and I am good at it (giving results).

Just asking to talk about it, they go on a rampagne. ''Her way or the high way''

How do you get over this?
Been even thinking of removing them from my life?

Last edited:

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Only child ?
Got a older Brother but too large age cap to have lived together.

I am pretty narcistic myself but I dont change idea every hour, nor "when questionned/ask to why it is like that" turn into a fit of rage and you "are aggressing me etc"

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Step 1: If you live with your parents get ur own place.

Step 2: Ghost, no contact, next hahahaha

Step 3: Get your own thing going. Do not depend on your parents for work stuff.

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Step 1: If you live with your parents get ur own place.

Step 2: Ghost, no contact, next hahahaha

Step 3: Get your own thing going. Do not depend on your parents for work stuff.
Step1: done... It was the best décision of my life (did it at 23 years old)... Living alone for 5 years now. My health been better. Also, i stopped going to do laundry there every sunday and talk business... Every time that would drain me.. So now i pay my laundry and do it alone.. Helped my health soo much

Step2: Struggling, we text/talk every day.. I talk to them more than my gf or friends. (And that not work related) I struggle with making guy friends or friends in general. Although i am a good icebreaker/networker

Step3: Yeah, i been working hard to take over and we had signed a contract to do so (i would take over) but they want to change that contract. Althought, i've béen doing all the work by myself and was given (full trust and autonomy but accept they the boss until i take over).. They even say: i am better than them at the business etc.

I was planning on the transfer to have an advantage to start in this business that Struggling (wealth management is changing so much, 90% of people will be gone in 10 years) and be "fully indépendant" .

Been more open to my colleagues now and deal business with them.

About step3:
If i am alone.. I dont feel i am strong enough to succeed in this business nor what would i do else ?
(I came to really love what i do and feel i belong there but the challenges are bigs. I have options i know but still)
I want to make it big :)

I've figure here is a great place to get help on this since most of us must have struggled with parents.

Since I am 7 years old I know I can't trust my parents and often they made remarks about how "without us you would work at Walmart" . This co-dependancy is toxic... as an adult I am getting stronger and standing more on my own. Also, it makes you wonder about your life partner choice (I am engaged to some hardcore catholic girl with Dad issues, but so far she's been great)

Last edited:

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
I've been "away" from my mother since I'm 5 or 6 y/o. I mean away from her influence as part of my upbringing.

It's traditionally an expected path for a male in my society.

I've also been "away" from my home since the age of 11-13, can't be certain but it's around there that I went off study in the city and lived in a boarding school.

Not sure if there's any impact, sure I missed my home etc but I was more excited meeting people and learning new stuff - writing this so you'll be able to understand that even at a young age a male is able to adapt to the life that's thrown at him regardless the environment.

You're 29 now and you need 2 be on ur own, find ur own path in life.

Don't worry abt failing, everyone fails, what's important is that you learn from it and just be better by it. The most important trait I think I have to overcome most hurdles in my life was the willingness to take risk.