"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

How to be hot

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 24, 2002
Messages
1,731
Reaction score
40
Location
Marin County, CA - just North of San Francisco
Sorry, but what I get out of that article is that it says to be a follower and not a leader.

Everyone should develop thier own look and style that's not modeled after the pop-culture flavor of the month.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

MysteryWoman

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 9, 2002
Messages
902
Reaction score
3
Location
london, England
I am not that crazy about Colin Farrell, simply because he looks like a young version of my dad, which I find too incestous and Freudian. As for Elja Wood cute, but nothing special as there are many guys around that look like that.

Anyone who wears glasses, stop wearing them and get contacts.
If you don't have the perfect body, at least make sure it is toned, there is nothing worse than flabby parts.

PLEASE do not EVER gel your hair, believe no matter how hot a guy is we do not like running our hands through greasy-gel like hair.

I have a soft spot for hot guys in tight trousers (even if it is gay looking), but get plenty of females opinions first to see if you can pull it off.

Never wear cheap aftershave, always make sure you are wearing nice after shave and deodrant. Why not ask a lot of girls what their favourite brand is.

Make sure your clothes are always bang up to date, even if they are not designer wears.

Make sure you have good shoes, there are a lot of girls that will immediately look at a guys shoes the moment she starts to assess whether she finds him attractive or not.
 

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2003
Messages
1,520
Reaction score
2
Anyone that hasnt lived in a cave for the past 2-3 years since the genderrevolution in fashion and styling should know these things. Anyone that thinks it doesnt matter are just stupid and ignorant.
 

DrBeard

Banned
Joined
Apr 7, 2004
Messages
230
Reaction score
10
Age
45
Location
Blackpool!
I'll admit it now, I'm ugly. I have a crooked nose, I'm fat and I have little beady eyes. So if I start to dress nice, style my hair and all that, people will just say I'm "mutton dressed as lamb" or "nice clothes shame about his face".

I think when you are not good looking, dressing up just draws attention to you and sets you up for harsh comments.

Same with confidence. You act ****y and people will just say "look dude, you are ugly, you need to stop acting cool".
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

TheRisingSon

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 31, 2004
Messages
70
Reaction score
1
DrBeard,

Blah, blah, blah... I can't!
Stop making excuses. You'll never get anywhere that way. Instead, turn your mind towards "It won't work for me now, but how can I make it work for me in the future?"

I Have Risen
 

Skel

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 5, 2003
Messages
1,721
Reaction score
10
Originally posted by DrBeard
I'll admit it now, I'm ugly. I have a crooked nose, I'm fat and I have little beady eyes. So if I start to dress nice, style my hair and all that, people will just say I'm "mutton dressed as lamb" or "nice clothes shame about his face".

I think when you are not good looking, dressing up just draws attention to you and sets you up for harsh comments.

Same with confidence. You act ****y and people will just say "look dude, you are ugly, you need to stop acting cool".
IM sure dressing like a slob helps you out?
Dress for success and stop crying
 

gentleman193

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 16, 2003
Messages
149
Reaction score
0
Age
52
Fashion Q for Ladies

Skel, MysteryWoman,

What do you recommend for a man with no butt?

Ever since I can remember, every woman that got interested in me had to mention at some point or other, "You don't have a butt."

Seems I managed to have something else worthwhile in the end, but I hate being the guy without a butt. I think the problem is that my legs are so skinny, pants are loose, so it looks like I have no butt. But it would be worse to wear skin tight pants since I am not a rock star and I don't want to be hit on by men.

Any advice?
 

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2003
Messages
1,520
Reaction score
2
Go to the gym and use one of the stepmachines and work out to build up that ass?

If its fashion, get good jeans that fit your ass and get help from the lady in the store to look at it.
 

California Love

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 2, 2004
Messages
652
Reaction score
0
Location
The Bay Area
MysteryWoman

Not all women think the same as you. In fact, most my female friends don't. They dont like tight pants, they don't look at my shoes, they like gelled hair, and a lot of girls like glasses.


To all the guys, just wear whatever the hell you want. If you're not good looking naturally, it's hard to change your appearance unless you have decent money and time on hand.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

JohnnyLegard

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 13, 2004
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Just go shopping with women. Women love to dress guys up and you're immediately buying what at least one woman finds attractive. It's worked for me; some things that I would normally think are the dumbest looking things in the world have gotten me really nice compliments. Also, if you can, go shopping with a woman who knows how to find bargains. I find it kind of dumb to waste a lot of money on those types of things.
 

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 24, 2002
Messages
1,731
Reaction score
40
Location
Marin County, CA - just North of San Francisco
Originally posted by California Love
MysteryWoman




To all the guys, just wear whatever the hell you want. If you're not good looking naturally, it's hard to change your appearance unless you have decent money and time on hand.
Partially agree.
However, decent, high-end clothing can be bought cheaply at Ross, Marshall's or on eBay and for a few bucks. One can put together a few decent outfits for going out or even daily wear.

One can always change their physical appearance by exercising, which can be done for free, or investing a few dollars in some weights.

A decent haircut can be had for $20.00

It sucks being short on cash - I've been there more than once, but a person can do it if they make it a priority.

I went thru a period a few years ago where I didn't go out clubbing or on a date for 6 months because I needed to save money to buy a car.

Sometimes, you gotta make short-term sacrifices that pay-off in the long-run.
 

diablo

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 2, 2004
Messages
4,678
Reaction score
9
Location
Louisiana, USA
Are there any females who wouldn't mind giving a word of advice on just what types of shoes they find attractive? I usually end up making horrible selections when left to myself... :rolleyes:
 

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2003
Messages
1,520
Reaction score
2
Originally posted by [T]he ishop
Are there any females who wouldn't mind giving a word of advice on just what types of shoes they find attractive? I usually end up making horrible selections when left to myself... :rolleyes:

Im a guy but still...

Shoes depend completely on your style (clothing) and also some on your age and also some on your personality...
 

akindofblue

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 8, 2003
Messages
84
Reaction score
1
Age
47
Location
Cali
Seems I managed to have something else worthwhile in the end, but I hate being the guy without a butt. I think the problem is that my legs are so skinny, pants are loose, so it looks like I have no butt. But it would be worse to wear skin tight pants since I am not a rock star and I don't want to be hit on by men.
You can do far better than a stepmaster. I guess that's a very slow way of doing things, but really, start doing squats. And put your a$$ to the grass. Use good form. Spend some time researching good form and squat techniques because bad form can mess you up royally. Good form, on the other hand, will give you glutes to remember. Not to mention that it will prevent you from looking like Mr. Chickenlegs Bicep Monkey that the guys who really know what what they are doing laugh at.

After about a year of squats, I had black girls commenting on my bum, so you can definitely improve what God gave you.

And no, you really don't need to be wearing baggy pants. I assume you're slim? Get some pants that accentuate that without looking like a second skin. J.Crew jeans are pretty good about that for instance. Not too tight, but not ghetto thug, either.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Crank_It_Up

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 21, 2004
Messages
546
Reaction score
1
Originally posted by MysteryWoman
...Make sure you have good shoes, there are a lot of girls that will immediately look at a guys shoes the moment she starts to assess whether she finds him attractive or not...
any girl that would base an opinion on shoes is the type of girl you wouldn't want anyway, although she's probably a good swimmer.
 

Chris Dash

Don Juan
Joined
May 6, 2004
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
Quick Question.

What if you have a birthmark on your face that kind of looks like a heart?
 

Ebach

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 9, 2004
Messages
397
Reaction score
0
I am not that crazy about Colin Farrell, simply because he looks like a young version of my dad, which I find too incestous and Freudian. As for Elja Wood cute, but nothing special as there are many guys around that look like that.
So what were all those pictures about then? If you're not crazy for him why you want us to mirror his appearance?

Anyone who wears glasses, stop wearing them and get contacts.
Can't be serious, what if my glasses make me look sexy? Will you pay for my contacts' replacement?

If you don't have the perfect body, at least make sure it is toned, there is nothing worse than flabby parts.
The perfect body? You watch way too much MTV. Dreamy girl.

PLEASE do not EVER gel your hair, believe no matter how hot a guy is we do not like running our hands through greasy-gel like hair.
Understandable, I'll let you wash it off once we get at my place. Until then, I guess you'll have to pretend the gel is not there, just like I have to pretend that your ass face looks better than it does.

I have a soft spot for hot guys in tight trousers (even if it is gay looking), but get plenty of females opinions first to see if you can pull it off.
This is exactly why most man in this society are ****ing mellow cry babies.

Never wear cheap aftershave
The way you pick your phrases I can say you're pretty naive. Always and never are used by naive and inexperience people. Anyway, I'm not listening to your advice since that's "your" opinion and I won't be picking up on you any time soon.

always make sure you are wearing nice after shave and deodrant.
I can deal with that.

Why not ask a lot of girls what their favourite brand is.
I would assume they're already wearing their favorite brand. As for us guys, I guess we'll have to see what works best.

Make sure your clothes are always bang up to date, even if they are not designer wears.
You spoiled little girl. Go back to bed. I'll let you look good for me and then I might make a compromise.

Make sure you have good shoes, there are a lot of girls that will immediately look at a guys shoes the moment she starts to assess whether she finds him attractive or not.
Shoes? I'm not advertising designer shoes or what not, I'm advertising the thing between my legs. So how can I go about making it look more appealing at a first glance? Will a sock with rubber band work find? You know, to buff it up a little? What do you think?
 

MikeYikes122

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 16, 2003
Messages
839
Reaction score
30
Hey guys no offense, but I think you all are taking this way too far. Just throw on a collared shirt and a pair of jeans, shower, workout, smile, brush your teeth, cut your hair, and clean your face and dont worry about much more. I think you all are looking at this wayyy too closely.
 

MysteryWoman

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 9, 2002
Messages
902
Reaction score
3
Location
london, England
Originally posted by Ebach
So what were all those pictures about then? If you're not crazy for him why you want us to mirror his appearance?


Can't be serious, what if my glasses make me look sexy? Will you pay for my contacts' replacement?


The perfect body? You watch way too much MTV. Dreamy girl.


Understandable, I'll let you wash it off once we get at my place. Until then, I guess you'll have to pretend the gel is not there, just like I have to pretend that your ass face looks better than it does.


This is exactly why most man in this society are ****ing mellow cry babies.


The way you pick your phrases I can say you're pretty naive. Always and never are used by naive and inexperience people. Anyway, I'm not listening to your advice since that's "your" opinion and I won't be picking up on you any time soon.


I can deal with that.


I would assume they're already wearing their favorite brand. As for us guys, I guess we'll have to see what works best.


You spoiled little girl. Go back to bed. I'll let you look good for me and then I might make a compromise.


Shoes? I'm not advertising designer shoes or what not, I'm advertising the thing between my legs. So how can I go about making it look more appealing at a first glance? Will a sock with rubber band work find? You know, to buff it up a little? What do you think?
Oh dear can't handle the pressure to look good then, don't go crying when you experience rejection:D
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Top