This site (of which I am a loyal reader) keeps mentioning: do NOT be too available and needy.
This is how NOT to achieve it:
-- do not ask a girl out, do not call her back, play "cool", surf internet for pictures the whole night instead.
How to ACHIEVE it:
Overbook your social calender. I can go out 2-3 times a week, so I plan 3 things every week. When somebody cancels on me, I feel relieved. If it's a boring buddy's drinking party, go for it, bring them some joy of your company; if it's a concert you always wanted to hear, do it. Make sure you are overbooked.
Still have more time than you know how to deal with? Watching Bachelorette, daydreaming about boobs and blond hair?
Go to gym, go grocery shopping and cook yourself a healthy meal, take an extra (fun!) class in college. Do what your heart desires NOW, as long as you are single and have time for all your dreams! Put yourself under time pressure -- and you will be glad if an 8-woman has relatives in town and it's their responsibility to entertain her this time.
There is a huge difference of you playing cool (it's fake!) and your time being valuable, taken, busy with things of high priority (that's genuine, makes sense and improves your life)
And I am not a jerk: I do not cancel myself unless I am sick or something real happens. I do not have backup girls / backup obligations for the same day. I think it's wrong.
This is how NOT to achieve it:
-- do not ask a girl out, do not call her back, play "cool", surf internet for pictures the whole night instead.
How to ACHIEVE it:
Overbook your social calender. I can go out 2-3 times a week, so I plan 3 things every week. When somebody cancels on me, I feel relieved. If it's a boring buddy's drinking party, go for it, bring them some joy of your company; if it's a concert you always wanted to hear, do it. Make sure you are overbooked.
Still have more time than you know how to deal with? Watching Bachelorette, daydreaming about boobs and blond hair?
Go to gym, go grocery shopping and cook yourself a healthy meal, take an extra (fun!) class in college. Do what your heart desires NOW, as long as you are single and have time for all your dreams! Put yourself under time pressure -- and you will be glad if an 8-woman has relatives in town and it's their responsibility to entertain her this time.
There is a huge difference of you playing cool (it's fake!) and your time being valuable, taken, busy with things of high priority (that's genuine, makes sense and improves your life)
And I am not a jerk: I do not cancel myself unless I am sick or something real happens. I do not have backup girls / backup obligations for the same day. I think it's wrong.