"You Can't Argue a Woman Into Liking You"

You made your case like a lawyer. Stable job. Good guy. Ready for something real. All true. All irrelevant.

She weighed your points, nodded along, felt nothing — then fell hard for some tattooed bartender with a motorcycle and a gambling problem.

Logic is where attraction goes to die. The "22 Rules" work a level deeper, on the subconscious switches that decide within minutes whether you register as a MAN or as part of the furniture.

Stop presenting evidence. Start flipping switches.

Read more...

How to 'be funny'

alx

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 11, 2015
Messages
72
Reaction score
8
I'm such a serious guy and it's killing my chances. I'm a software engineer I know how to banter with the guys while I'm at work but that's it. I've resisted memorizing canned jokes because that seems pointless to me but it might be better than nothing! Should I do it?

How the hell do I be funny? I used to play the class clown in school but that's not that look I'm going for. I grew out of that a long time ago.

Does teasing count as funny?
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

shouldbefun

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jan 28, 2019
Messages
203
Reaction score
84
Dont be funny. Instead learn how to be seductive.

Women want a man who can seduce her. If she wanted to watch a comedian, YouTube is full of them.
I just tested this. Not sure if i ****ed up though.
Its just about saying random bull**** and not taking yourself serious.
Like say you ask a girl and shes working for x years and you say to her, how long have you been working/studying at x place?
-her: 1 month. Wbu?
-me: guess ?
-her:dunno know. 3 months ?
-me:no actually its my 69th year working here. Or say its my 200th year working here. Going on a record here blah blah
Her: oh wow big boy. Or some weird reply.

Also Is big boy an insult to frame or sarcastic joke? Roleplay?
 

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 22, 2007
Messages
8,395
Reaction score
5,141
Location
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Dont be funny. Instead learn how to be seductive.

Women want a man who can seduce her. If she wanted to watch a comedian, YouTube is full of them.
I’ll agree with this.

This is a complicated topic. I’ll just give a few thoughts on this.

1. A dry/serious but sultry/sexy/seductive guy beats a funny guy six days out of the week.

2. She will laugh hysterically at Chad’s jokes even if they aren’t funny. She will backwards rationalize that his “humor” is a big part of his appeal. But she’s being disingenuous with others and even dishonest with herself.

3. The only time I think teasing is really important is if she teases you or jokes with you first. Then a witty comeback to “one up” her is a good idea. Otherwise you might be seen as “missing or dropping the ball,” which could be construed as weak social skills.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 27, 2005
Messages
17,571
Reaction score
6,353
Age
50
Location
midwestern cow field 40
Funny can mean different things. If you come off like a clown on a unicycle, court jester type, then she can laugh at you. You're funny in that case, but not in a way that helps get you laid.

Alternatively, witty is a different type of funny. It demonstrates intelligence, which is attractive to intelligent women. The biggest difference I think is caring about whether or not she laughs. I say things all the time that are hilarious to me, and no one laughs, but I don't care. As a young Eddie Murphy once said when no one in the audience laughed at his joke, "well, I think the sh!t is funny." That is what separates you from the clown on the unicycle.
 

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 27, 2017
Messages
1,966
Reaction score
1,969
Age
39
Dont be funny. Instead learn how to be seductive.

Women want a man who can seduce her. If she wanted to watch a comedian, YouTube is full of them.
Disagree. I get laid all the time being the funny guy. Girls love that I can make them laugh and I hear it ALL the time about how it's what separates me from other guys. As an aside, I'm also good looking so I guess it doesn't matter a whole lot if I'm funny or seductive.
 

The_411

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 20, 2005
Messages
962
Reaction score
149
Women say they want a guy to be funny it means they want a guy who isn’t afraid of saying things to offend her.

Everyone’s interpreatation if funny is different. Each person has a varying ability to convey humor toward others. Some people are hilarious and some aren’t.

Do not try to amuse or entertain a girl. Just do not self censor. There are a few things off limits but most of the rest of it is fair game.
 

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
5,027
Reaction score
5,356
Ask ANY woman to describe her ex’s in 3 words. “Funny” won’t ever be one of them. Neither will “nice”. Women say they want funny but only for entertainment purposes on first dates, it’s not something they want in someone they’re going to have sex with and date seriously.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Chi Town

Banned
Joined
Sep 12, 2018
Messages
661
Reaction score
694
Age
33
Nobody can teach you how to be funny, either you are or you aren't so work with what you got, be yourself.
 

Trump

Banned
Joined
Mar 12, 2011
Messages
3,000
Reaction score
1,669
The only time I think teasing is really important is if she teases you or jokes with you first. Then a witty comeback to “one up” her is a good idea. Otherwise you might be seen as “missing or dropping the ball,” which could be construed as weak social skills.
This is a good point. It’s not about being funny, it’s about tripping them up on their own words, out smarting them per se.

Girls are naturally better at playing the game because men seek out women who are hot, it’s a biological urge. So girls have to know they are not dealing with an idiot. Otherwise they will have you for breakfast.
 

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 22, 2007
Messages
8,395
Reaction score
5,141
Location
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
This is a good point. It’s not about being funny, it’s about tripping them up on their own words, out smarting them per se.

Girls are naturally better at playing the game because men seek out women who are hot, it’s a biological urge. So girls have to know they are not dealing with an idiot. Otherwise they will have you for breakfast.
I mean you don’t HAVE to “one up” or “outsmart” her, but it certainly helps a lot.

My point was, at a minimum, have enough social intelligence/savy to quickly pick up on when a girl is being playful/fun and WANTS you to respond in kind.

I thought of this the other day because it’s an area that I need to work on. Here is an example where I “dropped the ball.”

I was eating at this bar and grill place. The cute bartender chick accidentally knocks over a box of straws right in front of me.

HBBarmaid: Omg I’m always dumping straws on you. <smirk>

Mike: No problem. It’s cool.

<Yes, that was very lame and “nice guy.” It wasn’t until later that I realized that it was a golden opportunity to tease her back.>

What I should have said...

Mike: Yeah you’re terrible. I’m just trying to eat here. Instead I get attack of the straws! <Smile>
 

Glassguy

Moderator
Joined
Apr 25, 2016
Messages
4,789
Reaction score
8,861
Age
49
Disagree. I get laid all the time being the funny guy. Girls love that I can make them laugh and I hear it ALL the time about how it's what separates me from other guys. As an aside, I'm also good looking so I guess it doesn't matter a whole lot if I'm funny or seductive.
If most women find you attractive then they will think you're funny.

Women think that I am funny/witty/sarcastic.

Attraction covers most sins.

If they think you're a 8+, you'll be funny.
Lower than an 7 and you'll be corny.

For the AVERAGE guy, it's best to not take the risk and just be chill.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 20, 2007
Messages
5,299
Reaction score
4,338
2. She will laugh hysterically at Chad’s jokes even if they aren’t funny. She will backwards rationalize that his “humor” is a big part of his appeal. But she’s being disingenuous with others and even dishonest with herself.
What are you trying to say, I'm not funny?

Humor or perhaps humorous wittiness is an extremely important asset, simply because most men don't have it or get it. If a girl is enjoying herself in your company, you are spiking her emotions. This is how you forge troopers: Create value (fun and good feeliez) and then space.

Though, you should be witty for yourself and have a great time regardless of your company. Put me in front of a 4 or a 10, a hobo or exec; either way, I'm having a great time. It's an honor to hang out with me. Straight.
 

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 22, 2007
Messages
8,395
Reaction score
5,141
Location
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
What are you trying to say, I'm not funny?

Humor or perhaps humorous wittiness is an extremely important asset, simply because most men don't have it or get it. If a girl is enjoying herself in your company, you are spiking her emotions. This is how you forge troopers: Create value (fun and good feeliez) and then space.

Though, you should be witty for yourself and have a great time regardless of your company. Put me in front of a 4 or a 10, a hobo or exec; either way, I'm having a great time. It's an honor to hang out with me. Straight.
I’m saying that, because of the halo effect, women find it difficult to separate a Chad’s good looks and his ACTUAL humor skill. They can easily over-rate his humor skill because of the looks/attraction bias.

I’m sure you are genuinely very funny. I’m not doubting that.

I never said Chads CAN’T be funny. They absolutely can. But there are cases when a very good looking guy can have a dry/corny sense of humor, and you hear the girl cracking up laughing anyway.
 

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 22, 2007
Messages
8,395
Reaction score
5,141
Location
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Looks stuff aside, I agree that humorous wittiness is a great asset. No downside there.

As an introvert and nerd, I’m usually NOT thinking in terms of “entertaining myself” with banter or wittiness. I’ll banter a bit with a good guy friend, but most times, I’m not in that headspace.

That’s why I mentioned earlier that I need to watch for opportunities where the girl tries to initiate banter or wittiness or teasing/flirting and respond quickly and in kind.
 
Last edited:

Trump

Banned
Joined
Mar 12, 2011
Messages
3,000
Reaction score
1,669
I was eating at this bar and grill place. The cute bartender chick accidentally knocks over a box of straws right in front of me.

HBBarmaid: Omg I’m always dumping straws on you. <smirk>

Mike: No problem. It’s cool.

<Yes, that was very lame and “nice guy.” It wasn’t until later that I realized that it was a golden opportunity to tease her back.>

What I should have said...

Mike: Yeah you’re terrible. I’m just trying to eat here. Instead I get attack of the straws! <Smile>
I would have replied: “Yes you are. How are you going to make it up to me?”
 

Serenity

Moderator
Joined
Aug 19, 2013
Messages
5,150
Reaction score
5,056
Age
35
Location
Eye of the storm
Trying to be funny is the least funny thing you can do. You also don't want to be just funny, if you can take her through a wider range of reactions it will be better. Many guys find it hard because they have to do and say things that they think will drive them away. You'll have to let your unfiltered thoughts out. Some of it will just happen to be funny.

Trying to plan jokes just doesn't work out as well as spontaneously speaking your mind. I do this a lot, but I don't really give a damn and I'm prepared for whatever reaction I get. Sometimes people laugh at things I didn't initially consider funny, because I didn't really think about it before speaking to realize it's funny, but it is.

Being funny is often not so much about what is said, the impact comes from how it's performed. Two different guys can tell the same joke word for word, but one guy can be found funny while the other not. Timing, intonation, facial expressions and body language matters a lot. Not only to great humor, this also applies to seduction or being great in other social interactions.

Being a clown isn't really the best, because people laugh at YOU because you're stupid. That's not the type of funny you should aim for, although a bit of self deprecating humor is good, if you can also convey that you're being ironic.

Being serious is not fun. It deflates any form of tension. It's good to have some tension, it's exciting. It's more fun to try to figure a guy out than it is to get it all laid out on the table right away. Kinda like it's not fun to watch a movie if the ending is spoiled before watching it, you get no satisfaction, tension and excitement if you know how it ends.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Top