How to be a cool guy

TheCalmGuy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it would be a good idea to analyse cool guys. The ones that get all the girls and always have fun and party. In this thread I want you guys to give some characteristics and traits of cool guys.
Cool Guys:

They're -Relaxed
-Calm in hard situations
-Wear Sunglasses
-They have nice, in fashion cloth
-They have a good style for example, Collin Farrell has a relaxed, sexy bodylanguage and style, Johnny Depp aswell
-They play a musical instrument and are good at sports and outdoor activities
-They have good communication and social skills, for example they dont talk toooooo much or dance like monkeys to draw attention
-They're not shy and they have lots of confidence

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TheCalmGuy
I think it would be a good idea to analyse cool guys. The ones that get all the girls and always have fun and party. In this thread I want you guys to give some characteristics and traits of cool guys.
Cool Guys:

They're -Relaxed
-Calm in hard situations
-Wear Sunglasses
-They have a good style for example, Collin Farrell has a relaxed, sexy bodylanguage and style, Johnny Depp aswell
-They have good communication and social skills, for example they dont talk toooooo much or dance like monkeys to draw attention

i have to disagree on some points:

1. don't know what's like in the usa, but here in italy, people who wear sunglasses are usually seen as posers or losers

2. johnny depp was a nerd, before becoming famous. colin farrell is cool, johnny depp is just handsome, but not cool at all.

3. the great majority of cool people i know are good at sport, but don't know sh1t about musical instruments

see ya

JSH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TheCalmGuy
Cool Guys:

They're -Relaxed
-Calm in hard situations
-Wear Sunglasses
A) Do a search on this, this has been overdone buddy.
b) do a search on this, this has been overdone.
c) do a freaking search
d)

Do you not want to be an individual, dont you want to be someone different, make your own brand of cool. Do not emulate others, it just makes you appear more insecure and less cool. You want other people to emulate you. As i already said in a similar thread today. Its not what they do, but what the results of what they do makes others percieve them. Ie its not because they play sport, in fact some of the coolest guys i know have dropped all sports, its because they have nice toned bodies.

Being calm is good, but thats just symptomatic, they believe they are in control and they know it. Which is why they are arrogant. You want to be in control, you dont need to be calm, but it is one of the best ways of showing you are in control. Sunglasses end up making you look like you try to hard, if you can carry it off, then wear them, but only on really hot days. They set styles so of course they have in fashion, notice how fashion can be ripped jeans and a grubby, unironed shirt. Its a lot about how you wear it, noot what you own.

Dont look up to actors, its their job to give off an image, i bet they are not all as they appear. Do the same, give off an image.

The penultimate, that they dont dance or wall hang too much is just untrue. The last gives them the ability to do either and get away with it.

Just work on being who you want to be and all else will follow.

TheCalmGuy

Don Juan
Reaction score
First of all am european and not american, and JSH thanks for the advice, well said !

Mr. Debonaire

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: How to be a cool guy

Originally posted by Jay-X
2. johnny depp was a nerd, before becoming famous. colin farrell is cool, johnny depp is just handsome, but not cool at all.
sorry, but i must interject. johnny depp was not a nerd. he was the guy all the girls wanted. check out some early pics of him. if thats not cool ill eat my own nuts...

not seriously tho... im not that hungry ;)

BlaKTooth

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're worried about **** like wearing sunglasses..... lol, read the bible again....

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: How to be a cool guy

Originally posted by Mr. Debonaire
sorry, but i must interject. johnny depp was not a nerd. he was the guy all the girls wanted. check out some early pics of him. if thats not cool ill eat my own nuts...

not seriously tho... im not that hungry ;)
dude, he was the geek guy in Nightmare I... if he was cool, i am tyler durden:D