How to attract a better educated women when I'm less educated? (feeling inferior)

Indigo7

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've made many mistakes in life. I've failed school due to my laziness at 16 and made poor choices from 16-19. I've also had speech delay and lost my mother when I was young. My home life was always challenging and some family members did put me down/look down me.

I went into university at 21 and after failing my first year due to problems I now will have to graudate at 26 (four year degree). This has somewhat lowered my self esteem and made me feel inferior.

So I've started late, graudating at 26. The difference between me and other students is that I've had to overcome obstacles and learnt to be very responsible, independent, self-reliant and self-sufficient from an earlier age. BUT, they won't know that.

I'd like to date women a bit younger than me and invariably they will be into their second or even final year while I'm still doing my first year retakes (at 22). I have the life experiences but getting into uni late and graduating late is a big negative and left me feeling inferior to better educated people, knowing women are into men with status too. Although as stated, I've had life experiences.

How do I get over this barrier?

A

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
what makes you think you deserve to date women who are smarter than you are in the first place?

you get what you put into it. if you want to date smarter more intelligent wome , become smarter and more intelligent.

Indigo7

Don Juan
Reaction score
I know. I'm in the process my friend. How can I come across smarter and more intelligent?

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Indigo7 said:
I'd like to date women a bit younger than me and invariably they will be into their second or even final year while I'm still doing my first year retakes (at 22). I have the life experiences but getting into uni late and graduating late is a big negative and left me feeling inferior to better educated people, knowing women are into men with status too. Although as stated, I've had life experiences.

A
Regarding men with status - you're making it sound like the average 26 year old has "status" of any kind. They don't. You're 26. No one has big expectations of you. Even if you did graduate at 22, you'd be in...maybe...the 3rd year of your career.

Oh, and regarding dating women younger than you..If you're 26 and focused on dating women younger than 26, then it's important to remember that 95% of them are morons at that age.

Anyway, here's the deal. Whether you graduate late or early, going to college does not equate to "education." College is something you BUY, not something you ARE.

As backbreaker said, if you want smarter women, become smarter. Not in a "I bought a degree" sense. But in a, "I'm well-read, well-traveled, artistic, and experienced" sense. No one cares about your degree. That's not typical date conversation...at least for me. "Where'd you go to college? Oh you when to THAT school?!? Never speak to me again." That doesn't happen on dates.

Find something you're passionate about, and learn to talk about it. As they say, "Learn something about everything, and everything about something."

Indigo7

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply guys.

Its really bugging me. I entered uni at 21 (which I didn't care about too much intially) BUT I FAILED my first year and I'm going to complete my first year retakes at 23! I'd like to date women who are 20-22 who will be into their third year or have graduating.

I'm just worried they will look down on me. Although I am ambitious and heading somewhere (which they will initially not know).

ChalengeGuyFan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Indigo7 said:
Hi all,

I've made many mistakes in life. I've failed school due to my laziness at 16 and made poor choices from 16-19. I've also had speech delay and lost my mother when I was young. My home life was always challenging and some family members did put me down/look down me.

I went into university at 21 and after failing my first year due to problems I now will have to graudate at 26 (four year degree). This has somewhat lowered my self esteem and made me feel inferior.

So I've started late, graudating at 26. The difference between me and other students is that I've had to overcome obstacles and learnt to be very responsible, independent, self-reliant and self-sufficient from an earlier age. BUT, they won't know that.

A
Just like they won't know the reasons why you feel inferior. So why feel inferior?

Indigo7

Don Juan
Reaction score
ChalengeGuyFan said:
Just like they won't know the reasons why you feel inferior. So why feel inferior?
They'll know I've failed a year after goin to uni late, which is a negative thing. This is the only limiting belief I need to overcome.

Single4Life

Don Juan
Reaction score
Be respectful
Be loving and sweet

and

Show a genuine desire to learn from her, and listen to her

You might get lucky and find a girl who sees that you are not as educated as she would like, but you have a good heart and all you need is guidance and someone to help you learn about culture, etc... Women love to do that stuff

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Single4Life said:
Be respectful
Be loving and sweet

and

Show a genuine desire to learn from her, and listen to her

You might get lucky and find a girl who sees that you are not as educated as she would like, but you have a good heart and all you need is guidance and someone to help you learn about culture, etc... Women love to do that stuff

Damn, girl. I like the way you talk.

Got any pics? Let's see what you're working with.

Single4Life

Don Juan
Reaction score
Iceberg said:
Damn, girl. I like the way you talk.

Got any pics? Let's see what you're working with.
Ah, no need to insult me. Most of my friend are women, so if you think I sound like them......well, that's not a bad thing.

the_stig

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You're doing just fine bud. Many upon many don't have their lives figured out at 26, much less a four year degree and your level of ambition. Like others said, nobody expects a 26 year old kid to have all the answers and a six figure career.

I'm not where I thought I'd be at 28, definitely wish I would have done some things different, but what matters is I'm back on the right path and will be hopefully doing well for myself pretty soon. I don't care that I didn't have the fancy four year degree by 22 and my life planned out tit for tat soon after. Hell, most of my friends who did, still don't have much to show for it, and they're smart people. The way i see it.. we spend our 20s trying to figure out the direction we want to take, our thirties putting it all together, and reaping the fruits of our labor after fourty plus.

ENIGMA16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Indigo7 said:
I've made many mistakes in life.
The only mistake you can make in life is not learning from your past experiences. If you do this, then nothing you have ever done or will ever do is a mistake.

Your past is written. You wrote it. Take responsibility for it. Own it. Be proud of it.

You are graduating college. After all you have said you have been through, this should be a profound life changing success for you. It is unfortunate that you don't realize how far you have come. Change that.

The difference between me and other students is that I've had to overcome obstacles and learnt to be very responsible, independent, self-reliant and self-sufficient from an earlier age. BUT, they won't know that.
Nobody needs to know that except you, and you should be damn proud of it.

knowing women are into men with status too.

Women are into men that are proud of what they have done and carve their own path in life
, they are not interested in whether or not you graduated college in 2010 or 2012.

By realizing that the barrier to which you refer is not a barrier at all but a badge of honor.

Learn to think more positively about yourself and your life. You deserve to have everything in life exactly the way you want it.

The_411

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't worry about it. You don't have to go into it. You can always say I wasn't ready to start when everyone else did and I need time to mature.

You're not the first nor the last guy who will fail out or not perform to where you think you should be.

As for becoming more intelligent it's a matter of constantly learning and understanding that there is always someone who knows more.

There are plenty of geniuses who didn't fare well in school. Failure is a massive part of success.

Indigo7

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thank you all for your advice, which has helped me a great deal.

I guess I should be proud of how far I've come and I'm pulling things back together in my life. As people say, rome wasn't built in a day.

PapiChulo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just some common bullsh!t: most people don't have careers untill the age of 40. Having a degree doesn't mean you are smarter ( I do have a degree).You are not even considered an adult by most people who do have careers till the age of 25. Life experience and perseverance > lots of schooling.

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What the f*ck? You feel inferior to some chick whose only achievement in life is racking up student debt shuffling around papers for four years? They don't know sh*t.

There's no reason to feel inferior to these kids; when most of them do finally get jobs, it's going to be some mediocre, boring, tedious job that's not going to inspire them, and drive them to vicariously live through the lives of actors in movies and TV.

There's nothing superior about them. They are to be pitied for being cogs in the machine.

ScottMustaine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Having an university diploma doesn't make you smart. Many great people didn't have education. Especially when it comes to musicians. Hell... Look at Slash, dude had 2 lessons in musical school and his creativity is destroying dozens of 'educated' people.

Don't be an educated fool. OF course, you should strive for education, maximim out of yourself, there's always time to do what you want. You're gonna make it. Just go for it. As for women...Well... tell you couldn't do it earlier because of illness you had. If she sees you're working on yourself despite the ilness ( isntead of saying, nah its too late, im too old ).

Indigo7

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks again for the advice guys.

I guess I just have to look at my life experiences and overcoming my obstacles as a significant achievement and valuable learning experience. I am still going somewhere and this counts too.

I've overcome my illness so things are moving forward.

Orchard

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm very young to be in the Ph.D program. You want to know who is impressed by that? My brother. And that's it.

You want to know how many well educated and smart women I've met a college? A whole bunch. Want to know how many of them weren't androgynous troll people? There is a woman in the humanities program that isn't bad to look at, but she's 30 and has a kid.

I'm curious why you think that college is overflowing with young hot intelligent girls that will look down on you. If anything they'll love you cause you can buy them alcohol, and that's all their reptilian brains care about at this point. And if you're looking at final year girls, be prepared to be disappointed, cause they are usually just a vapid as the young ones (well the attractive ones anyway). Not to be too big of a ****, but a vast majority of people you will meet are dumb as rocks. You can enjoy their company cause intelligence isn't a litmus test for a good person, but all the same most people seriously fail at critical thinking.

Come to think of it, you specifically used the word educated. So I'm assuming you mean that you see yourself as smart, but you just are behind the curve as far as college goes. People will find a way to look down on you no matter what you do or accomplish. People tried to take jabs at me by saying that I obviously had no life if I blew through college so quickly and they were right, when I was taking 8 classes a semester I had no life, but if it wasn't that then it would be something else, or a different thing or... ad nauseam. And you know what? I'm going to be the one with the last laugh.

Be proud that you didn't resign yourself to mediocrity, and spit in the face of anyone that tells you otherwise.

Indigo7

Don Juan
Reaction score
Not to look down on myself, how can I mitigate 'being behind the curve ball'? Im trying to game women who are younger but will be into their 2nd or final year? I can't read their minds, but they may think 'what have you been doing all your life and your behind'.