How to add "drama" to a relationship?

Ronin I

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I read often around this site that women love/need drama in their lives (hence all the soap opera watching/romance novel reading).

I have been in a great relationship with a great girl for three months - my question is how do I add "drama/excitement" into the relationship?

When I think of "drama", all I can really think of is dysfunctional behavior - (ie Jerry Springer type sh!t) - quite frankly that's not me at all.

I am a very even-tempered, even keel guy - but I want the relationship to be exciting (or at least not boring) for my woman (basically I want to give her some of the emotional highs and lows that she craves without being an a$$hole).

Does anybody understand what I'm trying to get at here?

OddTech

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The best and easiest way I can see it, is to work at your gf's insecurities. Don't overdo it. Usually, this happens when another girl enters the relationship. The whole jealousy thing....I'm sure your heard of that.

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
drama = failed expectations and conflicts which cause her to be emotional

Now use your even temper and keelness ;) to give her a few nervous breakdowns. She'll love you for it.

Cheers

Reaction score
Women go crazy when you have an "I don't care" attitude about things that concern them and they''ll go crazy if you don't recognize their dress/clothing!

If you really want drama in her life, take her to go see a Drama (play) at the theatre!!!! :)

NatureGuy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This is an excellent
synopsis. And I've often wondered about
this topic myself.
Think of a dramatic play, with the lady beset with dramatic events much like on those daytime soap operas, with emotions
swirling from unexpected events and
conflicts !

Ronin I

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ice Cold

Now use your even temper and keelness ;) to give her a few nervous breakdowns. She'll love you for it.

Cheers
I like this advice a lot - but please elaborate.

Failed expectations? - I like to think that I exceed expectations.

Conflict? I'm even tempered (and so is she for the most part) so there hasn't been much conflict (there was one time early in the relationship where she flaked on me and I let her have it, actually made her cry) but other than that we have never had a "conflict".

So I'm not exactly sure what your advice means....

jbbrain

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I do think drama is good for a healthy relationship. Just don't force it or go overboard. What I just had with my gf, IMO, was the 'fix' she needed at the time..anywys..a couple things I posted before..funny, to another guy "Ronin"..

From my point of view, you can really do 2 things to make a relationship fun again.

Challenge/Mystery-Challenge is necessary in a relationship. But its not what many ppl perceiveiy to actually be. It's not about playing games and "acting" to not see her/care about her. It's actually about being active pursuing your passions and the things in life that mean something to you. If you're ambitious and you're both interested and interesting, you'll just come across as a natural challenge. Which is what everyone should strive for btw. I'm not there yet. I ean sometimes, I catch myself pretending I'm busy when I'm not. In the end, just keep yourself busy, so you wont have to worry about lying.

Just finding fun things to do together-I like this method much more than the incorrect perception of what ppl here see as challenge (waiting to phone a few days in order to "up" her IL), keeping the phone call really short because you're acting lie your busy when really u have nothign to do)..The point is, instead of focusing solely on YOU, focus a bit on HER. Bring her to do fun stuff. Have amazing, varying sex, take her on action dates. Go on trips with her etc etc.

Another way to interpret challenge and mystery in my opinion anyways is not only to be "unavailabe" to talk or see eachother. That was the 1st type of challeneg and mystery I mentioned. Of course you can be that guy by actually having a life, like I also mentioned before.

But another helpful way of achieving mystery and challenege is not through the frequency in which you spend time togther, but ALSO by becoming a more interesting person altogether. You can achove this through self improvement and by LIVING LIFE. What you'll find is that the more you do this, the more layers you will have to your "man"hood and overall disposition. You become a challenege when you're not quickly figured out. This is not gained by faking being busy, but also by encouraging and manifesting your many "facets" into your personhood. I dont know if you understand what I'm saying. If you don't, drop me a line..

IMO, being amazing with women requires you to master the internal as well as the external.

It's the combination of these two things that makes you irresistible. By internal, I mean you have to learn to respect yourself and have confidence. This is achieved by living your life the way you want it and improving yourself every single day. It's funny that so many ppl have the misperception that having yourself mastered and "mastering" girls are in completely different realms. The point is, the better you become, the more you appreciate yourself and life in general..getting woman's attention because of this direct consequnce should be seen as icing on the cake..

Anyways, I'm rambling. In short, by focusing on yourself, not only are you making things more interesting for the women you encounter in everyday life, but you also become a better, happier person.

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
great response JB! you're not always an airhead! ;)

i would also like to say that a little jealousy goes a loooong way. let her "catch" you flirting (INNOCENTLY DAMN YOU) with another chic. this reminds her that you are a great catch, without really being a womanizing jerk. kind of a "is he, isn't he" flirting question in her mind. there are variations on this, my friend.

use sparingly on insecure chics.

jbbrain

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear Iqqi,

Not always, only when I know you'll be reading my threads..just to make it all the more simple and legible for my favorite juanita. Nothign should be hard to come by for you baby... I just wanted you to know that.

BTW-whats up with sketch man from your other thread?

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by jbbrain

BTW-whats up with sketch man from your other thread?
see guys, jealousy is a magic ingredient. creates IL.

sike. JB, who is sketch man? instead of hijacking this thread, go bump or reply to that one, and i'll meet you on the same page. ;)

jbbrain

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dude-iqqi-dude

im not being sketchy at all, I want to know whats up with sketch nerd..thats all

wait up little puss..I guess Im goign to have to check it you for my "delf"..

yeu!

I digress..drama? read that piece of gold I wrote 10x and your lady's going to be thinkin' she's the pregant mother's daughter who murdered her cousin's midget boyfriend on the young and the restless.

oh yeah..and iqqi-I always wanted to tell you this, but never really had the chance-Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.

DJnomore

Don Juan
Reaction score
Women don't like drama per say

Women like emotional excitement. Drama is usually thought of as emotionaly excitement with a negative connotation(sp).

If you are emotionally exciting there is no need for the negatives of "drama" which is why many women are happy with guys who don't have drama.

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Become a terrorist, go to Russia and steal a nuclear weapon, wrap it in a present, and give it to her.

You get adventure, drama, and excitement. Oh and probably the death penalty, but thats part of the excitement.

Pookalicious

Banned
Reaction score
Tell her you are curious about men!

DJSask

Don Juan
Reaction score
This works well...

Just before you have to leave her, get her as turned on as your can... no kissing or touching X and R zones... just sexy talk, suck her ears... you know stuff like that....

and then when she's grinding for you........Leave...

She'll be like

"what the ****"

"I've got somethings I have to do... think of me"

Do that every few times you leave.... expect a good pouncing every once and a while