Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How reliable is our gut feeling?

iCatch

Don Juan
Reaction score
i used to look for IOIs purposefully. i'd wait for a girl to smile or turn towards me or any other IOI.

for some reason i sometimes have a feeling a girl likes me but i have no idea why. like i can't really think of a lot of signs the girl would show but i would just get a feeling that a girl likes me. it's just a guy feeling. how reliable is our gut feeling?

Lexington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I never used to trust my intuition, but lately I've learned that it is incredibly useful. Not just in matters of women etc., but in just about everything. These gut feelings, hunches etc. originate in our subconscious mind, which is many times more powerful than our conscious mind. Sometimes, gut feelings and hunches can be wrong. But in my experience they are right far more often than they are wrong.

As for interest levels, it seems to me that a lot of people put way too much emphasis into IOIs. I knew some girls who seemed really interested who weren't and there were others who didn't seem interested at all but they liked me a lot. I say don't be reactive; be proactive. If there's a girl you want, get after her and make her tell you no.

You'll be very surprised to find that some girls who demonstrated seemingly zero interest in you actually wanted you bad.

Reaction score
My gut feeling has never ever failed me. But I've managed to fail myself by not following my gut feeling.

It's really quite amazing. Through my gut feeling I've known when bad things are going to happen, even without clues. Like I've known that there was going to be a fight when I went downtown, and I knew something horrible was going to happen the night an ex of mine cheated (even though I didn't know what horrible incident was going to happen).

Almost all animals fly or run away when there is an earthquake or other natural catastrophes are coming. Yet humans are caught by surprise. Animals know it in advance. Why don't we? Because most of us are not taught to trust our gut feeling.

In my opinion, it is one of the most important senses you have.

FinalWay

Don Juan
Reaction score
The Decay of Meaning said:
My gut feeling has never ever failed me. But I've managed to fail myself by not following my gut feeling.

It's really quite amazing. Through my gut feeling I've known when bad things are going to happen, even without clues. Like I've known that there was going to be a fight when I went downtown, and I knew something horrible was going to happen the night an ex of mine cheated (even though I didn't know what horrible incident was going to happen).

Almost all animals fly or run away when there is an earthquake or other natural catastrophes are coming. Yet humans are caught by surprise. Animals know it in advance. Why don't we? Because most of us are not taught to trust our gut feeling.

In my opinion, it is one of the most important senses you have.
very well said and agree 100%. the hard part is how to define what your feeling and that is when a lot of people tend to ignore it.

kingsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
always trust your gut (as long as you are not overly jelous, possesive or paranoid)

you gut doesnt rationalise a womans behaviour...

R19

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have found my gut to be right on. Everything is energy and we pick up a lot that we consciously may pass over. Yep, yep on the body language...

Besides that I always think 'what are the odds' for a lot as I am on someone's sh1t list for sure. Last night was terrible for that.

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mine is usually pretty good.

Last night after I met a girl, as she was getting my number, it said "There is something off about her, I sense some crazy. May be give her a fake one?"

I didn't, and about 5 minutes later the craziness started pouring over the text messages.

I will add it is not just body language, it is the whole thing - your perception takes everything in, and your gut starts giving you some info. Listen to it, because that other voice, the one who goes by emotions and feelings, that's the one to watch out for. Anyone who has gambled probably knows that one, it's the one who says "KEEP GOING"

iCatch

Don Juan
Reaction score
i can't tell you how many times my gut told me a girl liked me. i always used to think "oh that can't be possible. she's way too pretty for me" and then a couple months later i find out my gut was right because her friends were like "you know she used to like you right?" this happened twice where i had a feeling a girl liked me but i was too insecure to think such a pretty girl would want me. now i always listen to my gut even though i may have doubts and it's been spot on every time