Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How often to you talk to your girl(s) on the phone?

MtnMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Been seeing this girl for around a month, seemingly high interest. Banged on 4th date, great sex since. Last time we hung she asked me to not bang other chicks. I agreed.

I wouldn't call her my girlfriend, but she is my primary plate. This girl likes to talk to me on the phone. I enjoy talking to her, but wondering if its too beta.

This is the first girl I have dated that i would consider LTR with since getting burned by my LTR last year, needless to say this area is new to me since learning 'game'.

So far I see her once a week, sometimes twice, and talk to her on the phone maybe twice a week on average. When I look at the phone, i realized that an hour has gone by!

Am I too available? So far her interest only seems to grow, but I am hyper sensitive about being too beta since it has gotten me into a bad place with my last LTR.

Do you guys chat with your women on the phone during the week?

Stugots26

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Not at all. Minimal contact between dates. The phone is for setting dates. Nothing more.

melancholy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 5 months in r/s with my gf and we go out 2-3 times a week. Phoning maybe 1-2 times a week. I try to keep it short usually under 30 minutes but time flies when you are having fun. A lot of DJs disapprove this: I text a lot though, on a daily basis. Then again, Asians and Americans have a different culture so maybe my method works.

rascal99v

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Stugots26 said:
Not at all. Minimal contact between dates. The phone is for setting dates. Nothing more.

:crackup:

These guys that claim they never text or talk to a chick on the phone are hilarious. It's obvious they don't have any chicks at all. Every interested chick that I've ever known will call and text. Then this guy has the nerve to say "not at all". :crackup:

It all depends on the chick, some will call and text you more than others.

I prefer texting myself because it's easier and faster. When you're spinning several plates, you don't have the time to be talking to all these chick individually on the phone. You can game and keep in touch with several chicks all at the same time at your own convenience.

Chicks only care about communication, it doesn't matter what method it is.

Our Anti Texting friends will tell us that "Texting Kills Relationships". But when the chicks are eager to text you, no interest will be killed, because they are interested in talking to you.

When you're in a relationship you need to communicate. So, I'm not sure why these guys say they "never talk or text on the phone" . Then they wonder why they don't have any women or get dumped for another guy when the chick starts talking to him.

Text at your convenience, and call when you're available and have the time.

The chicks should be putting in more effort than you are with all phone communication.

Also, I wouldn't get into the habit of speaking on the phone for an hour to a chick. There is no reason to be talking that long on the phone to a chick. That's ridiculous. :yes:

Cut your conversations down to the maximum of 20 minutes. I never go more than 10 or 15 minutes. A few short texts will replace a long ass conversation. Save the rest of your communication until you hang out with them.

You don't want to be a "girlfriend" yakking away on the phone. You want to be the dominant man speaking to her and fvcking her at your convenience.

IBreatheSpears

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Stugots26 said:
My experience has been that hard-and-fast rules are bad. I agree keep it to a minimum, but if she starts a conversation that doesn't relate to logistics (e.g. a girl I dated a while back started a conversation about something that happened the previous date), ignoring her (which is what I did) or immediately trying to strong-arm the conversation into a date setup is stupid. If she starts a conversation out of the blue, chances are good she is testing for comfort, not value (unless her message is an obvious value shít test). If you ignore her, you fail the test. If you try to DHV, you fail the test. In both cases you made yourself seem unattainable (I tried to set up a date later and she flaked). If you try to shoehorn a date into the conversation you just seem like a social rétard which is a huge DLV, so you also fail the test.

IMO the best thing to do if she starts a conversation is roll with it but keep it brief (~4 texts). Invite her to a date afterwards (probably a few hours later or the next day).

Epimanes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I talk to my wife on the phone everyday.. She has to call me first tho.

Fireballs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't like speaking on the phone but if my gf calls I'll usually give her 5-10 mins before hanging up.

As others have said, don't become one of her 'girlfriends' and don't call her all the time.

In the 7 months I have been with my current girl, I have initiated calls to her no more than 4-5 times and the same with texts. Make them work for your attention.

jurry

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I cant fking stand phone calls, with anyone not just women. Texting, in person or GTFO.

One ex loved to call me and drone on and on about nonsense so maybe that ruined it. I dont talk much, so i especially dont have much to say over the phone when we arent even with each other.

Is she far away? Why doesnt she just come over if she wants to talk that long?

MtnMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
she lives an hour away, because i live an hour from everything. She called me last night to invite me to dinner at her place, i was already almost home so i declined but ended up chatting for half an hour. I like chatting with this girl, does this make me beta. Hard to say.

MOTU

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MtnMan, it's easy to overthink these things. If you are in your frame and not hers, do what pleases you. Just remember Rollo's truism that the one with the power in a relationship is the one that needs the other the least. Just don't get so emotionally involved that you start needing her more than she needs you.

I am in a similar place - my main plate has asked me not to bang other chics and I have agreed. I travel a lot for work so most weeks I only see her on e or twice. I text her on and off during the day when I have time and I call about once a week. I try to keep the calls around 15-20 min and it's always me that says "I have to go". She really likes the calls and tells me so. It's like a great or reward for her.

So do as you like, as long as you control yourself and the frame.