Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

how often do girls get asked out?

Jake Steed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"If you act sort of indifferent and her attention wanders from you and the next guy gives her lots of attention and she eats it up, then you need to give her more of that attention..." --Wyldfire

Complete and utter nonsense.

If her attention wanders from me, it means she isn't interested in me and I move on. If I have to "out attention" other guys to get her interested, then she's an ATTENTION *****. And I move on as well.

"Most women go to clubs for 1 reason. To get hit on." --Deagleclaw

And that's the reason it's a waste of your precious time to shower more attention on an attention-***** like Wyldfire described.

Example: Last week I met a cute Brazilian girl at a club. I was one of the only caucasian guys there and one of the only non-portugese speakers. She spoke 10 words of english and some spanish.

She was the hottest girl there (in my opinion) and was SURROUNDED by brazilian guys, all fawning over her. I ignored her and danced alone happily and confidently in the center of the dance floor.

Shortly after I was chilling with my boys at a table when she just couldn't take it anymore and came over and we spoke broken 3rd grade spanish. I teased her and busted her balls and we had a great time.

Guess who made sure I got their numero de telefono that night.

Jake

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Jake...let me rephrase what I said. If the guy is hell bent on getting THAT girl's number (his choice here) then he is going to have to adjust his tactics to fit what she responds to. He doesn't HAVE to pursue anyone he doesn't want to pursue. HE makes the choice. If he chooses a girl he has to adjust his tactics to succeed with, it's his choice to do that or walk away. No one ever has to put up with things they don't want to. At the same time, most people will put up with some varying degrees of things they don't particularly like, but can live with if there are a lot of things that they do like. This kind of stuff is entirely personal and unique to each individual.

WildThang

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting thread. And one that separates the DJs from the not-so-DJ yet.

The real answer to the 'How often do women get pick up attempts?' question is:

Who gives a fvck?

Consider what's happening here. We have women in this forum telling us that they have guys all over them, all the time.

If you're an AFC you'll be starting to get anxious now. You'll be thinking 'Oh no! What chance have I got?' Or 'Wow - serious competition...' Or 'I want my teddy bear because life is just damn too hard and cruel!'

This is a crock. (Especially the teddy bear part. Geez, if you're going to be a chump, at least get a grown up chump toy like a life sized supermodel-shaped hot water bottle, or something.
)

As an antidote to all that ingrained AFC thinking, consider this - how many of the guys who hit on women are truly average AFCs that the women have zero, zilch, nada, zip interest in?

Contrariwise, how many of these guys have any real class, style, or quality?

Don't believe this matters? Then how come someone like Wyldfire who'd have us believe she gets hit on all the time *is not dating any of these guys who try to pick her up*?

Likewise Penkitten - all those digits, but did you date any of them? Did you even call any of them? How many of them were you interested in at all? How many of them were even clueful enough about Pickup 101 basics to get your number, instead of giving you theirs? How many let you string them along for free drinks without putting up any resistance? How many thought that they could <gag> buy you with those drinks?

Now, if you call women on how these things really are, they will make some BS rationalisation about how they don't date guys from work (as if they wouldn't change their minds about that in an instant if they met a guy at work that knocked them dead.) Or they just 'haven't met the right guy yet.' Or 'we dated a few times and it just wasn't working.' Or 'Well, there's this other guy, but he's not really into me...'

Whatever.

Think about those rationalisations, see how shallow and transparent and flimsy they are. And you can see clearly where this is going. Guys, forget the idea that when you're cruising in pickup-ville you are competing with hundreds of other guys, and if you don't make the grade you are out of the game.

Yes, women get attention all the time. What they don't get nearly enough of is *quality* attention from guys that are *actually interesting to them*.

And guess what? Just being a DJ and living your life from a point of view of quality, class and style *immediately* puts you into a different category to all the guys that do the fawning thing.

Likewise, the more ask-out you do, the less it matters what the situation with one chick is. You can play the numbers game too. Only make it work in your favour rather than (allegedly) against you.

So can we forget the 'Hey, this is so hard with all those other guys out there...' crap. Women more or less obviously give at least 95% of those other guys no respect at all and - if they're at all twisted - will play them for all their worth.

Guys with quality DJ skills are in a tiny minority. If you add in the quality factor, the odds are actually in your favour - and by a huge margin.

john

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WRONG!!!!! what this shows is how women have it in their nature to reject guys and how they have fun doing it.

now i really dont want to talk to any girls. the reasons girls are biatches are because WE created them.
WE give them all the ATTENTION that feeds their egos. WE all go for the same girls. trust me, there are lots of girls who have trouble getting guys or at least don't always have them lined up.
think about it. if women did to us, what we did to them, wouldn't we ALL be JERKS? that is what makes the jerks, jerks. they know that all the girls want them, all the girls gived them all the attention, so they act like the world revolves around them and they can treat girls like they are inferior. just like snotty biatches do to guys.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
john, believe it or not, I feel awful about rejecting a guy. I know it it takes a lot of balls to go up to a woman and all the pressure is on the guy. I'm always nice and friendly to a guy. Hell, I usually try to hook the guy up with one of my friends if he's not my type. I'm pretty easy to approach and talk to. You're right that a lot of women are snotty biotches. And even more right when you acknowldege that they are like that because they know all the guys want them. Not all gorgeous women are miserable self-centered biotches, but a lot of them are. Lucky for the men out there, the world is filled with a lot of cute girls with great attitudes and personalities. In the long run, those girls are the ones who are going to make you the happiest.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Wildthang...

Wyldfire is not dating anyone because she doesn't want to date anyone until she sorts out her feelings for another man. Wyldfire doesn't believe in using, hurting, wasting the time of, or playing games with men.

Now you can refer to the recent post I made to Bill because it applies to you as well.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Deagleclaw:
Hey Penkitten,

On your very successful night on the town, 17 guys asked you to dance, or offered you a drink. You got 3 phone numbers, 1 email address, and a bouncer to sign your arm... And that's your idea of a successful night out at a club! A successful night being that it was an inexpensive total ego boost evening?

Guys, this is the reason most men fail in picking up women at a club. Because at a bar, the options are always wide open. Bear in mind that she didn't say how many guys asked for HER number and how many times she gave it out.

Most women go to clubs for 1 reason. To get hit on. Whether they admit it or not. Whether the answer is yes or no, every woman likes to be asked. Of course they all say they go to clubs to dance... yeah right. The reason they dance is to advertise what they've got and to get hit on more. That's what dancing is... it's advertising to members of the opposite sex.

For me, a successful night out at a club is not getting multiple women's phone numbers, it's getting a phone number from a woman I actually enjoyed talking to and would like to go out with sometime...

well yes that was the biggest ego trip:p
only one guy asked for my number and i gave it to him but i got his cell number in return
i had breakfast with him and we almost dated everyone in town thought we slept together and we didnt
his ex girlfriend choked me at a club 2 weeks later they kicked her out
it was tons of drama lol... which i didnt need

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i would rather not be approached at all then to have to reject a guy.
i dont like to.
and i never said i danced with all the guys or i took any drinks .
a guy can say "hi can i buy you a drink ?"
i always say back"no i bought my own but would you like to dance (or sit down" )or just no thank you

i am independant and do not go to clubs to mooch off the guys. i go for the beer and the music and yes to dance. basically i want to have a good time and always do.

question is : should us gals be asking you guys for more numbers and to dance and for drinks because you guys would prefer that?
and if we do are you just gonna think we wanna take you home and bed ya cause we are sex crazed *****s?????

Deagleclaw

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Penkitten,

To answer your last question...

It depends on the guy. Nice Guys would love it at first. Women hitting on them. But still they would not succeed. Nice Guys are generally afraid to let a woman know they like her. She'll quickly tire of it and move on to the next guy and their ego is damaged.

Real men don't need women to hit on them to get the chicks. Plain and Simple.

And when it DOES happen to me, women DO try to pick me up quite often when go out singing Karaoke. I usually write them off immediately. Or I just f*ck em and never call them again. Women who hit on guys to toy with them are biatches, Women who hit on guys to get hit on in return are biatches fishing for compliments. But women who hit on guys to get them to pick them up are no challenge.

Men like challenge too.

------------------
Your friendly neighbourhood Irishman,
Deagleclaw out

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Deagleclaw:
Hey Penkitten,

To answer your last question...

It depends on the guy. Nice Guys would love it at first. Women hitting on them. But still they would not succeed. Nice Guys are generally afraid to let a woman know they like her. She'll quickly tire of it and move on to the next guy and their ego is damaged.

Real men don't need women to hit on them to get the chicks. Plain and Simple.

And when it DOES happen to me, women DO try to pick me up quite often when go out singing Karaoke. I usually write them off immediately. Or I just f*ck em and never call them again. Women who hit on guys to toy with them are biatches, Women who hit on guys to get hit on in return are biatches fishing for compliments. But women who hit on guys to get them to pick them up are no challenge.

Men like challenge too.

no wonder the world is screwed up
because we feel the same way about you guys cept intead of biatches we call you guys players ...

MrSassyPants

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I sincerely doubt that the average "pickup attempts received" per women is any different from the number of "pickup attempts attempted" from guys... mathematically, it doesn't fit.

How often do guys (yourselves and your friends) approach women? Not very often. If we'd be honest the average is WAY below once a week.

Perhaps more if you count bars... but that's way different. A drunk guy all of a sudden gets courage, and the girls know it. Most girls probably don't get asked for their number by a sober guy more than once a month.

wjboogy

Banned
Reaction score
I agree with Deagleclaw, nice guys are generally afraid to let girls know they like them.

Why do i know that? Because im just like that!!

I find it embarassing to let girls i like know that i like them. Because i figure they wont like me back.

When all youve been is rejected by girls, you get that feeling of being unattractive to girls.
--------------
Agreed, girls are stuck up, their not confident, who needs to be confident when your gettin hit on all the time? Gurls have it sooo easy in the dating field.
------------------
Agreed jerks are usually guys that get women because theyve grown up knowing girls like them. So they treat girls bad because they think the worl evolves around them.
--------------------
Wildfire, if your not finding the right guy, why dont you just go up and approach the guy your attracted to, and quit whining.

WildThang

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Wyldfire:
Wildthang...

Wyldfire is not dating anyone because she doesn't want to date anyone until she sorts out her feelings for another man. Wyldfire doesn't believe in using, hurting, wasting the time of, or playing games with men.

Now you can refer to the recent post I made to Bill because it applies to you as well.
Yeah, right. And if Mr Unbelievably Cool Guy turned up tomorrow you wouldn't immediately get distracted from that guy who's on the other side of the country and excitedly make some space for Mr New Cool Guy right away?

Do you *really* believe that?

Get real here - the only reason you're not dating anyone is because you're comparing the guys who are hitting on you to this guy you 'have feelings for' and they're coming up short.

Which is exactly the point I was making. In your eyes, this guy you 'have feelings for' was quality. The guys who hit on you aren't.

As soon as a guy you think of as quality shows up you'll suddenly, miraculously realise that maybe that other guy wasn't so hot after all.

Pulsar

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by WildThang
Interesting thread. And one that separates the DJs from the not-so-DJ yet.

The real answer to the 'How often do women get pick up attempts?' question is:

Who gives a fvck?

Consider what's happening here. We have women in this forum telling us that they have guys all over them, all the time.

If you're an AFC you'll be starting to get anxious now. You'll be thinking 'Oh no! What chance have I got?' Or 'Wow - serious competition...' Or 'I want my teddy bear because life is just damn too hard and cruel!'

This is a crock. (Especially the teddy bear part. Geez, if you're going to be a chump, at least get a grown up chump toy like a life sized supermodel-shaped hot water bottle, or something.
)

As an antidote to all that ingrained AFC thinking, consider this - how many of the guys who hit on women are truly average AFCs that the women have zero, zilch, nada, zip interest in?

Contrariwise, how many of these guys have any real class, style, or quality?

Don't believe this matters? Then how come someone like Wyldfire who'd have us believe she gets hit on all the time *is not dating any of these guys who try to pick her up*?

Likewise Penkitten - all those digits, but did you date any of them? Did you even call any of them? How many of them were you interested in at all? How many of them were even clueful enough about Pickup 101 basics to get your number, instead of giving you theirs? How many let you string them along for free drinks without putting up any resistance? How many thought that they could <gag> buy you with those drinks?

Now, if you call women on how these things really are, they will make some BS rationalisation about how they don't date guys from work (as if they wouldn't change their minds about that in an instant if they met a guy at work that knocked them dead.) Or they just 'haven't met the right guy yet.' Or 'we dated a few times and it just wasn't working.' Or 'Well, there's this other guy, but he's not really into me...'

Whatever.

Think about those rationalisations, see how shallow and transparent and flimsy they are. And you can see clearly where this is going. Guys, forget the idea that when you're cruising in pickup-ville you are competing with hundreds of other guys, and if you don't make the grade you are out of the game.

Yes, women get attention all the time. What they don't get nearly enough of is *quality* attention from guys that are *actually interesting to them*.

And guess what? Just being a DJ and living your life from a point of view of quality, class and style *immediately* puts you into a different category to all the guys that do the fawning thing.

Likewise, the more ask-out you do, the less it matters what the situation with one chick is. You can play the numbers game too. Only make it work in your favour rather than (allegedly) against you.

So can we forget the 'Hey, this is so hard with all those other guys out there...' crap. Women more or less obviously give at least 95% of those other guys no respect at all and - if they're at all twisted - will play them for all their worth.

Guys with quality DJ skills are in a tiny minority. If you add in the quality factor, the odds are actually in your favour - and by a huge margin.
I like this post *bump* :)

dillin

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree, most guys don't really talk to girls often, in a more sexual way especially. Most guys are too afraid to even look girls in the eyes without looking away after a couple seconds thats why I think most of these girls who are claiming how they get hit on so often is because the guys are drunk AFC guys, I hate ragging on the guys because there guys just like us they just don't understand that the way they are doesn't get women. Most of the guys are *probally* not too great looking eather, I'm sure you may consider a couple guys cute but I doubt you think they all are.

I think it's a bit of an ego boost for girls to act like they are a hot piece because a bunch of drunk dorks hit on them at a bar.

I have to totally agree with what WildThang said.

now i really dont want to talk to any girls. the reasons girls are biatches are because WE created them.
WE give them all the ATTENTION that feeds their egos. WE all go for the same girls. trust me, there are lots of girls who have trouble getting guys or at least don't always have them lined up.
think about it. if women did to us, what we did to them, wouldn't we ALL be JERKS? that is what makes the jerks, jerks. they know that all the girls want them, all the girls gived them all the attention, so they act like the world revolves around them and they can treat girls like they are inferior. just like snotty biatches do to guys.
I agree with this aswell.

ali_g

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm with WildThang on this one. There's AFC attention and then there's quality attention. That's our aim as men, to give quality attention.

What about average and below-average looking women. I reckon the amount of come-ons/proposals etc drops significantly for them. It seems like Wyldfire is a good looker considering the amount of male attention she seems to get at work. But for some women, they might get asked out only twice a year.

dillin

Don Juan
Reaction score
What about average and below-average looking women
I was wondering that too, I think they rarely ever get asked out it's just that the girls that are like "wow she is cute" are the ones who get asked out the most.

Hollowpoint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It seems the women on this board are "unqiue."

Originally posted by Irish
For me, I am just myself. If I want to ask someone out for whatever reason, I just do it. It usually doesn't happen until I've spoken to her long enough to know that we will have something to talk about. Now I may get blasted for this, but then I do my own thing. Women, to me, are like books. Sure the flasher attractive cover makes you look at it, but if between the covers, there's no substance, then my interest fades like like a cheap shirt in hot water. However, once inside the book the content can overcome most reasonable ******d qualities.
I agree.
I love finding out how women are between the covers. ;)

Originally posted by Deagleclaw
Most women go to clubs for 1 reason. To get hit on. Whether they admit it or not. Whether the answer is yes or no, every woman likes to be asked. Of course they all say they go to clubs to dance... yeah right. The reason they dance is to advertise what they've got and to get hit on more. That's what dancing is... it's advertising to members of the opposite sex.
Damn right! My girl so does that, thank you for clarifying it for me.