Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How much of a turn off is it if a guy in my age group still lives at home?

superstorm250

Banned
Reaction score
I’m 26 and this has been one of the main things that has prevented me from making any attempt at trying to date, because I just feel like most girls are gonna look down on a guy who’s in his mid 20’s and still lives with his parents, especially if she’s moved out and lives on her own. Let me also clarify that my living situation is not by choice, I would love to move out and get a place of my own. But I haven’t done that because the state I live in (southern California) has a very high cost of living and most people struggle to afford living here. Even a studio apartment that is outdated and infested with rats or roaches and located in a bad neighborhood is about $1,300 a month and that’s the cheapest rent price you’ll find in this area no matter where you look.

One alternative that I did think of and have been leaning towards lately is buying an RV and living in it at an RV campground because rent is about $500-$700 cheaper at those places and that probably would be more spacious than a studio apartment. Would that be seen as any better than still living at home though? I could see it going either way, it could be seen as thinking outside the box to move out and be independent in an area with a high cost of living, or it could be seen as low class and trashy to live in an RV instead of an apartment or house. And when I say RV I don’t mean just the cheapest one that I can find on Craigslist, I would only get a nice one that looks like this on the inside. Otherwise an apartment is definitely the better option.

Attachments

MrWood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But I haven’t done that because the state I live in (southern California)
awww... (note lack of sympathy)
you could always...move away
is your job so specialized and precious you cant relocate?
I pay the price you state for my 1br flat and I make well under 100k/yr (actually my job would pay about 120k in the states, but in my market area where I am its about 40% less than that).

Question: do you pay your parents for rent? food? utilities?
If so, how much based on that $1000/mo you would need to pay if you were "on your own"?

superstorm250

Banned
Reaction score
awww... (note lack of sympathy)
you could always...move away
is your job so specialized and precious you cant relocate?
I pay the price you state for my 1br flat and I make well under 100k/yr (actually my job would pay about 120k in the states, but in my market area where I am its about 40% less than that).

Question: do you pay your parents for rent? food? utilities?
If so, how much based on that $1000/mo you would need to pay if you were "on your own"?
I like your profile pic, but just because I’m from California doesn’t mean that I’m a whiny snowflake. Actually this state being extremely liberal is one of the things I hate the most about it. I think about moving out of the state all the time, pretty much every day. Its probably something that I will do someday, but that probably won’t happen for at least a few more years or longer. I could be replaced in less than a day at my job, I’m an independent contractor for Amazon and there’s always someone who could take my place right away if I left. I don’t pay them for rent or utilities, but I buy my own food and cook for myself and clean up after myself, so I’m not dependent on them for everything. I’m ready to be completely independent by living on my own, I just feel priced out of the housing market here.

MrWood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like your profile pic [thanks], but just because I’m from California doesn’t mean that I’m a whiny snowflake [didn't say you are, I was born and raised in California until I was 18]. Actually this state being extremely liberal is one of the things I hate the most about it. I think about moving out of the state all the time, pretty much every day. Its probably something that I will do someday [code phrase for never], but that probably won’t happen for at least a few more years or longer. I could be replaced in less than a day at my job, I’m an independent contractor for Amazon [in an Amazon office or remotely?] and there’s always someone who could take my place right away if I left [start building more diverse skills]. I don’t pay them for rent or utilities, but I buy my own food and cook for myself and clean up after myself, so I’m not dependent on them for everything [except rent and utilities]. I’m ready to be completely independent by living on my own, I just feel priced out of the housing market here [look for Amazon openings in another market].

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
I like your profile pic, but just because I’m from California doesn’t mean that I’m a whiny snowflake. Actually this state being extremely liberal is one of the things I hate the most about it. I think about moving out of the state all the time, pretty much every day. Its probably something that I will do someday, but that probably won’t happen for at least a few more years or longer. I could be replaced in less than a day at my job, I’m an independent contractor for Amazon and there’s always someone who could take my place right away if I left. I don’t pay them for rent or utilities, but I buy my own food and cook for myself and clean up after myself, so I’m not dependent on them for everything. I’m ready to be completely independent by living on my own, I just feel priced out of the housing market here.
The housing market is getting bad here in FL too unless you live in the Panhandle. Jobs pay crappy down here and housing and rent keeps going up. At least California has high paying jobs to at least attempt to keep up with housing cost. Here in FL they don't.

Here in Floriduh we are also becoming more liberal by the day also as more New Englanders move here. I'm from Missouri and it's a lot cheaper to live there and a ton more conservative. FL is becoming another California except the jobs don't pay good.

superstorm250

Banned
Reaction score
I’m gonna be traveling to South Carolina after the holidays to see if its a place I would want to live, I went to Wyoming 4 months ago for the same reason. I think what’s holding me back the most is being so far away from family and friends and going it alone in a new state. Most of my family and several of my friends are sick of living here too, so I guess you could say that I keep holding out hope that someone will move with me so that I won’t have to go it alone. I deliver grocery orders from Whole Foods and their guaranteed 2 hour delivery service, Prime Now. I use my personal car to make deliveries since its an independent contractor job and they don’t provide you with one, it does pay well though and customers tip on these kinds of deliveries so that increases my income by quite a bit. I do plan on getting out of this job though because its still not enough to be independent on and its not as stable of a job as I would like, I’m gonna go to bartending school and look at other certifications too. Yeah that’s why I said that I’m not completely dependent on them because I do a lot for myself but there are some things that they still do for me and that is what they still do because they know I’m working towards trying to move out.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
I’m gonna be traveling to South Carolina after the holidays to see if its a place I would want to live, I went to Wyoming 4 months ago for the same reason. I think what’s holding me back the most is being so far away from family and friends and going it alone in a new state. Most of my family and several of my friends are sick of living here too, so I guess you could say that I keep holding out hope that someone will move with me so that I won’t have to go it alone. I deliver grocery orders from Whole Foods and their guaranteed 2 hour delivery service, Prime Now. I use my personal car to make deliveries since its an independent contractor job and they don’t provide you with one, it does pay well though and customers tip on these kinds of deliveries so that increases my income by quite a bit. I do plan on getting out of this job though because its still not enough to be independent on and its not as stable of a job as I would like, I’m gonna go to bartending school and look at other certifications too. Yeah that’s why I said that I’m not completely dependent on them because I do a lot for myself but there are some things that they still do for me and that is what they still do because they know I’m working towards trying to move out.
Downside is you will not see nearly as many hot chicks in these rural areas though as you do in California. Also look at the age demographics closely. You don't want to end up like me living in the oldest region of Florida. I would do a lot of research before jumping into it.

superstorm250

Banned
Reaction score
The housing market is getting bad here in FL too unless you live in the Panhandle. Jobs pay crappy down here and housing and rent keeps going up. At least California has high paying jobs to at least attempt to keep up with housing cost. Here in FL they don't.

Here in Floriduh we are also becoming more liberal by the day also as more New Englanders move here. I'm from Missouri and it's a lot cheaper to live there and a ton more conservative. FL is becoming another California except the jobs don't pay good.
I know how that is man, you guys also have a lot of New Yorkers moving there too and I’ve heard that’s been hurting FL a lot. That’s why elections in FL are decided by less than 1 percent now when it used to be a solid red state years ago, a lot of it has to do with these blue state people moving there. I have heard that about MN, I think its mostly just the Twin Cities area that makes it blue. It almost went red in 2016 and some people have wondered if it could in 2020. California’s jobs might be higher paying, but most people still struggle to live here because it’s not doing enough to keep up with the high cost of living. The state government also just passed some BS rent control law that’s been causing landlords all over the state to raise rent even higher.

I completely agree with that and I’m doing a ton of research before making any kind of big decision like that. I think it is true when people say that CA is the state that has the hottest girls, that’s also been mentioned in several movies and songs too. When I was looking at Wyoming, I was reading comments from people on one site that I was looking at and one person did ask who you even date if you live there. I looked at the demographics of the state after that and men definitely outnumber women by quite a bit there. So the dating scene and other demographics like the size of age groups is definitely gonna have to be something I take into account.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
I know how that is man, you guys also have a lot of New Yorkers moving there too and I’ve heard that’s been hurting FL a lot. That’s why elections in FL are decided by less than 1 percent now when it used to be a solid red state years ago, a lot of it has to do with these blue state people moving there. I have heard that about MN, I think its mostly just the Twin Cities area that makes it blue. It almost went red in 2016 and some people have wondered if it could in 2020. California’s jobs might be higher paying, but most people still struggle to live here because it’s not doing enough to keep up with the high cost of living. The state government also just passed some BS rent control law that’s been causing landlords all over the state to raise rent even higher.

I completely agree with that and I’m doing a ton of research before making any kind of big decision like that. I think it is true when people say that CA is the state that has the hottest girls, that’s also been mentioned in several movies and songs too. When I was looking at Wyoming, I was reading comments from people on one site that I was looking at and one person did ask who you even date if you live there. I looked at the demographics of the state after that and men definitely outnumber women by quite a bit there. So the dating scene and other demographics like the size of age groups is definitely gonna have to be something I take into account.
And Missouri Trump won the state by 18 points. Something like 110 of 114 counties voted for him and most counties he won by wide margin too. Socially MO is more conservative too. Tons more pro gun don't even need a permit to carry there. Also when it comes to other social things like gay marriage and such MO is a lot less open towards it. Also a lot less fees and taxes in MO and small government. Overall FL feels more liberal to me. Socially less moral as well. Just the way people act here in FL wouldn't be tolerated in Missouri. Missouri is a bible belt state and overall is more southern than FL as well.

The women, especially in St. Louis where I'm from are a lot hotter and younger as well! They take care of themselves better, workout and overall just healthier and less snobby. Down here the young women most are fat, ugly, on drugs, tatted up, drink a lot and overall just not that good looking snobs. Go on match for example and compare to the two areas and it's a joke really. So many hotties where I lived.

I mean places like Miami have hot girls galore, BUT it's like LA super costly to live there out of reach.

synecdoche

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think it's that much of an issue, as long as your game is solid.

If the girls have a place of their own, invite yourself there and let them cook for you. I wouldn't really talk about it unless they bring it up and even then I wouldn't really adress it. When they test you for it, don't explain the situation like you did to us, don't make excuses for yourself or you will fail the test. Agree and amplify. If you don't act like it's a big deal to you, it won't be to them. (Unless they are looking for a provider.)

It might be a limitation for yourself however, if the girl has no place of her own then your kind of stuck.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I do think living at home could cost you with some girls. Bottom line though is who cares what they think? On the other hand, if you think you need to experience the independence, it might be good to move out. You have to figure out what makes sense for you. I don't see any shame in living in an RV, especially in California. There was that recent thread about the girl in California who lived in her van with her pet snake:

https://www.sosuave.net/forum/threads/youtube-promoting-pushing-who-they-want.263393/

illstep

Banned
Reaction score
My older brother lived at home until he was as old as the hills, and it didn't hurt him at all!
I'm in teh UK btw, so it seems more common for people to live at home due to how insanely expensive lots of the UK is.
He was bringing 18 year olds back to the family house when he was like 37 lol. Sometimes he'd pull girls back to their place.

17 shots

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I live in southern california too... Someone being in their 20's and living with their parents is pretty common out here. You're not alone at all. You're actually in a good situation right now, because you don't have kids, and you can save up a whole lot of money, take advantage of it

Believe it or not, there are people with kids living check to check who wish they could be in your situation for a while so they could save up some money. These people have no emergency fund, and if their car broke down tommorow they'd be screwed

As far as women, most of them won't care as long as you aren't asking them for anything, and you can afford to take them out, or get a hotel room if needed. I have a cousin who stayed with his parents all through his 30's and he was having sex on the regular

Suave88

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m 26 and this has been one of the main things that has prevented me from making any attempt at trying to date, because I just feel like most girls are gonna look down on a guy who’s in his mid 20’s and still lives with his parents, especially if she’s moved out and lives on her own. Let me also clarify that my living situation is not by choice, I would love to move out and get a place of my own. But I haven’t done that because the state I live in (southern California) has a very high cost of living and most people struggle to afford living here. Even a studio apartment that is outdated and infested with rats or roaches and located in a bad neighborhood is about $1,300 a month and that’s the cheapest rent price you’ll find in this area no matter where you look.

One alternative that I did think of and have been leaning towards lately is buying an RV and living in it at an RV campground because rent is about $500-$700 cheaper at those places and that probably would be more spacious than a studio apartment. Would that be seen as any better than still living at home though? I could see it going either way, it could be seen as thinking outside the box to move out and be independent in an area with a high cost of living, or it could be seen as low class and trashy to live in an RV instead of an apartment or house. And when I say RV I don’t mean just the cheapest one that I can find on Craigslist, I would only get a nice one that looks like this on the inside. Otherwise an apartment is definitely the better option.
In my experience, it is not you, but the women you are interested. I don't tell a woman I rent, own, or live with parents.

I just go out with her until she finds out and by that time, I already ****ed her at her place, my truck, or hotel room.
If a woman you are interested, ask how you live, she is not interested in you, but in what you have.
Women don't pick men like this. I am sure some are gold diggers, but a gold digger approaches the gold. You don't have any. So my guess is this thread based on your mentality.

Last edited:

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How much are your folks over you? Are they clingy and in your face/business or do you feel independent within your set-up?

I am in much the same situation you are. I feel like my folks are sort of in my face/business or clingy with me as they are really seniors at this point think that's more of an issue rather than just living at home for purely economic issues. I also have a 5 year old bankruptcy process where I'm paying $ 10,000 per year for a gigantic debt. I still feel if I had the looks though, I would have women coming out of the woodwork, or would have had an Asian gf if I were white. Just a degree off here or there equals being incel.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
How much are your folks over you? Are they clingy and in your face/business or do you feel independent within your set-up?

I am in much the same situation you are. I feel like my folks are sort of in my face/business or clingy with me as they are really seniors at this point think that's more of an issue rather than just living at home for purely economic issues. I also have a 5 year old bankruptcy process where I'm paying $ 10,000 per year for a gigantic debt. I still feel if I had the looks though, I would have women coming out of the woodwork, or would have had an Asian gf if I were white. Just a degree off here or there equals being incel.
Man, if I lived in an area that has asians would you recommend trying them?

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man, if I lived in an area that has asians would you recommend trying them?
Not everyone is a happy camper dealing with Asians. A french white guy who tried to sell me a car claimed he was divorced by one and had to pay all sorts of child and spousal support. Having someone doesn't mean it will work out in the end.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Stop making excuses. Move out. So many things in your life will improve as you struggle to swim and succeed at doing so.

17 shots

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Best in both regards is Romani women, but do you really want to take that sh1t on?
It's funny you say that, because I've only met one Romanian woman in my life, and she was the greatest woman I've ever met. I would have married her. I've never said that about any other woman, and I don't think I ever will lol

EyeOnThePrize

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Any girl in your area will understand and might even think it's hot that you're being thrifty.

The only time a woman will care what you have or how you live is when she's looking to settle down with you. I brought so many girls back to my place when I lived with my mom that she started getting envious and giving me sheet. I moved out when I was 17 though. Don't worry about people moving with you. Lead, even if that means going alone. You could go one state over, get a great place for $1300, and be a 4 hour drive from family.

Rather than worrying about getting women you should be focusing on a career and developing marketable skills.