How much is too much when hanging out with your girlfriend?

girlsarecrazy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My girl lives 5 minutes away. It doesn't take much effort for us to meet up. Can you hang out with your girlfriend too much?

Especially when the summer is coming up. I'd like to just go to the beach and lay out with her all day long or just spend a couple days teaching her how to surf.

Our relationship consists of dates during the weekend, and bumming around during the week watching movies, TV, cuddling, sex, and sleeping.

We're still in high school so we have a lot of free time. What do you think? Is this healthy for LTR?

thefonz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
from what you've said so far sounds fine......don't spend too much time with her though or else you'll get girlfriend dependent

Don't hang out with her on both days during the weekend cus then your friends with think your a putz and start talking about you behind your back about how you're whipped.....also, try to make girlfriend time and friend time, try to keep the two as seperate as possible.

Walking Anomaly

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah that's alright...try not to do things like TV and sleeping TOO often - dont want it to get boring... and mix up when you go out...I assume you do dates on the weekends because of school. So when summer hits, mix it up and go out during the week, dont let her get used to going out only on weekends...keeps her on her toes.

~WA

wavejams007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dude, screw what your friends think about you. Be your own man, and hang out with your girlfriend when you want to. But don't spend all your time with her if you don't want to, you don't want to become ordinary to her, in the sense of always around. Have a life of your own as well.

organizedconfusion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it's cool when you are a teenager, i did the same thing for my ENTIRE TEEN YEARS beggining at about 12! LOL!!! seriously, i was the guy that ALWAYS had a girlfriend and i did EVERYTHING with them.Once it gets past the initial 'butterflys' everytime you see her/honeymoon phase and goes off into extreme comfort type activities (being lazy and channel surfing for hours, lounging around drinking beers in underwear, cuddling and so forth) it's really really easy to get used to it and it becomes addictive,because it's soo comfortable and inviting... it only sucks when you are single again and you miss having someone cool like that to chill with...personaly , i actualy prefer the comfort phase of the relationship more so then anything else.

girlsarecrazy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
How long do relationships last when you see the person everyday though? I'm trying to make this last...

organizedconfusion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
just don't become a clingy needy wuss if she becomes distant or acting weird,that's probaly a cue to do your own thing for a while and give her space..chicks are like that.She might just need breathing room, do your own thing and hang out as usual,that's what i would do.The worse thing to do is to pressure her into having a discussion that she dosen't want to have...she'll talk to you when she is ready...

milrenkb

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
organizedconfusion said:
just don't become a clingy needy wuss if she becomes distant or acting weird,that's probaly a cue to do your own thing for a while and give her space..chicks are like that.She might just need breathing room, do your own thing and hang out as usual,that's what i would do.The worse thing to do is to pressure her into having a discussion that she dosen't want to have...she'll talk to you when she is ready...

I have to agree with what OC said.

Look DeAngelo put it in perspective for me. He said "give them the gift of missing you." When people are not with someone they're attracted to they start thinking of them and convincing themselves of how great they are. As a result the anticipation builds and they can't wait to see that person again. Ironically your probably doing this to yourself, we all do it at some point or another.

Heres a quick psychology leason:

When you first meet someone your attracted to your brain releases these intoxicating but feel good chemicals. This is more powerful than alcohol or crack because this can have you make bad decisions when your sober. Over time these intoxicating chemicals become stabilizing chemicals as the person gets use to the experience, this is because everything strives for equilibrium. Whats my point?

See her a little less and prolong the life of those intoxicating chemicals.

girlsarecrazy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I never call her. She's always trying to do something with me. Almost like everyday. She just texted me, "What are you doing tonight?"

I've seen her everyday for the past 3 days. We have a date for Saturday. And tonight is Friday.

As much as i want to see her.. i don't want to spoil our excitement...

NoNickname

Don Juan
Reaction score
wavejams007 said:
dude, screw what your friends think about you. Be your own man, and hang out with your girlfriend when you want to. But don't spend all your time with her if you don't want to, you don't want to become ordinary to her, in the sense of always around. Have a life of your own as well.
But he has to remember: pals over *****.

Reaction score
girlsarecrazy said:
I never call her. She's always trying to do something with me. Almost like everyday. She just texted me, "What are you doing tonight?"

I've seen her everyday for the past 3 days. We have a date for Saturday. And tonight is Friday.

As much as i want to see her.. i don't want to spoil our excitement...
If you think that you are spending too much time and do not want to see her that often, then you are spending too much time and do not want to see her that often.

If she thinks you are spending too much time and does not want to see you that often, then you are spending too much time and does not want to see you that often.

You see a pattern forming?

wavejams007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NoNickname said:
But he has to remember: pals over *****.
That is true. I try and live by that(although I ain't always successful). I took it for granted that guys obeyed this anyways.

Weak_Game

Don Juan
Reaction score
In the same situation right now except were not in highschool and both beyond college... i recently became un employed so i have ALOT of free time. She enjoys it. I notice if we go a day or 2 of not seeing each other she gets a little sad and when she does see me. Shes very amped up. Before i would not see her 4 days at a time due to time contraints with work.