Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How much $$$ do you spend on dates?

trickynick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let's say it's your first real date with a woman. Do you set limits on your spending? If so, what are they?

Archalon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends on what she's worth. High society dame, going to drop 100-200. Casual chick you met at the bar, 25-40. Everything else, 40-100

bclarke675

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can tell I'm from a small town in the midwest. My levels are $10-$20 and $20-$60. For something special, like New Year's Eve, it might get as high as $100.

Liazon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Whoaaa slow down fellas...no matter who you date you should never spend more than 30 to 40 bucks on the date...

what if you spent 100 on a so called high class chick...she'll expect the samething every time...then she'll lose interest when you're broke...i.e.***chumped***

or she might just be a date pimp who wants nothing to do with you but get a free meal...similar to the classic liquor pimps you meet in a club...***women got game too***

or what if you met 5 high class chicks at took yhem all out for a hundred a pop...by now you should get the point...

so if y'all can't have a good time with 40 bucks then she's too spoiled, high main., and your too much of a sucker...

be creative with the date...walks in the park...cook her dinner...go salsa dancing...stuff like that...

keep rockin'
Liazon

------------------
"i got the godfather flow, the don juan demarco..." jay-z

Archalon

Don Juan
Reaction score
HOLD ON - I play the game well.
Professional Daters - I find them right away. High Society ? - Sorry, I got class and culture---I date dr.'s, lawyers, art dealers and the like. Like they really care about gettin something for free.

No use in being cheap. If you got it - use it - if not, then dont. But it works for me and Im baggin alot of em. Im not a sucker and Im not gettin played. - Just going for higher quality. I spend the cash, and I get the return or they're gone and I move on.

So dont claim Im a chump

Don Dimaggio

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd say $50 max on a first date.

trickynick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Those of you who say $40-50, what do you do on these dates? I am kind of a big spender even when I'm not on a date. Give me some ideas on things I can do that don't cost so much.

------------------
Look out for number one and don't step in number two!

john

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
go all out on the first date because chances for a 2nd date are 3% and a lot more than 3% of girls are bangable ...
so pay no more than $30 for a date if its your only date that week and it's still a high class date. it'll get you laid, that is if you have personality to back it up.
$60/week, = $3000 / year which equals 100 different girls you screw, is it worth it? unless you are a minimum wage worker, i think so. if you make $5/hr, then take her to where you work for free food.

DJPilgrim

Don Juan
Reaction score
I never, ever go above $40 on a date. And I have plenty of money. I'll usually take them to this great mexican joint down the road, 25 bucks, then for a walk down by the ocean, free, then back to my place for a movie, 4 bucks. The trick is you want to be sure they know you have money, but you're just not spending it on them. That raises their intrest level because they're used to "big spenders" who take them out for a $60 burger. "I can tell this guy has money, why isn't he spending it on me?" Just don't be too flashy about it. Just bring a couple credit cards and like $200 bucks or so.

Persistant

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If she's taking note of how much you're spending as opposed to how much fun the two of you are having together, then why not just get a hooker? Wont it all equal out? Well perhaps not, at least with the hooker sex is guaranteed.

Dont go extreme, just make sure its fun, spend just enough to have a good time, dont come off as cheap, and dont come off as desperate or a chump by overdoing it. You'll look like you're really trying hard to impress her and that wont be cool. You can actually have a great date without spending a penny.

Right Pilgrim, thats the trick, let them know you have money without making a show of it, but dont spend too much of it on them until you've got an established relationship.

[This message has been edited by Persistant (edited 11-29-2001).]

Don the Legend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by trickynick:
Those of you who say $40-50, what do you do on these dates? I am kind of a big spender even when I'm not on a date. Give me some ideas on things I can do that don't cost so much.
Hey Tricky,

What do I like to do for the first few dates that doesn't cost a lot money? Action/fun dates! They are inexpensive. But the key to doing this is not so much because it costs less. The reason is to test her interest in me. Show your manliness to her, show your excellence. Do the opposite of most guys. Most guys try to impress the girl by spending a lot of money early on and get taken advantage of by users. I want to do the opposite. I want to see what her interest is in me. That is where the action/fun dates comes to the rescue. The fun and good feelings she is feeling will transfer on to me. There is an article by Allen Thompson that discusses it: http://www.sosuave.com/articles/liketolove.htm

I try to do 3-4 action/fun dates in a row. I do the date and then I take her right home. I always give her less so I can receive more later on. Too many times in the past I have stayed way to long and ruined my chances. Don't make that mistake.

Some of the action/fun dates you can do:

bowling
riding your bikes
rock climbing
comedy clubs
ice skating
working out

This is a short list. But there are many more action/fun dates that are out there, so you can do a search.

Good Luck,

Legend

trickynick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJPilgrim:
I never, ever go above $40 on a date. And I have plenty of money. I'll usually take them to this great mexican joint down the road, 25 bucks, then for a walk down by the ocean, free, then back to my place for a movie, 4 bucks. The trick is you want to be sure they know you have money, but you're just not spending it on them. That raises their intrest level because they're used to "big spenders" who take them out for a $60 burger. "I can tell this guy has money, why isn't he spending it on me?" Just don't be too flashy about it. Just bring a couple credit cards and like $200 bucks or so.
That sounds like a great idea. I'd have to modify it a bit because I am not near the ocean and I live in an area that's not too hostpitable to outdoor dating activities for a large part of the year. What do you think of art galleries/museums?

DJPilgrim

Don Juan
Reaction score
Art galleries are perfect. Just practice saying smart things about the paintings before you go. lol

Archalon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Art galleries are perfect. Just practice saying smart things about the paintings before you go. lol

Better yet, why dont you just actually learn a few things about art instead of practicing BS about them ???

It'll make professional artists like myself alot less likely to want to punk you in the back of the head when we hear you BS about our work from across the gallery. And a cultured woman can determine "knowledge" from fakery anyhow.

Mr. Silk

Don Juan
Reaction score
LMAO, you guys are killing me over here.

Before you think about a date, you gotta figure out where her mind at.

Alot of girls with boyfriends date guys when they're bored and what some simp to take them out.

I gotta feeling alot of you guys fall into that circle.

Your first date with a girl who is interested in YOU should be little to no money spent, mainly at your place or her place.

If she is truly interested in YOU then she would'nt mind, why spend $200 bucks on a girl just for her not to call you back afterwards, LAME!!

Fellas, don't make women pimp you, they have the ulimate drawing card...nana and they'll use it to get what they want from you...MONEY. Don't make this happen, show her that you can survive without her.

Don't be a symp.

trickynick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr. Silk,

I don't really agree with your idea of the first date being at your place or hers. I tend to think that is a scarey first date for most women.

BTW, it was nice to see flames coming out of my topic but disillusioning to find that it was due to multiple iterations of the same post!

DJPilgrim

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Archalon:

Better yet, why dont you just actually learn a few things about art instead of practicing BS about them ???

It'll make professional artists like myself alot less likely to want to punk you in the back of the head when we hear you BS about our work from across the gallery. And a cultured woman can determine "knowledge" from fakery anyhow.
I myself am a professional artist with regular showings across Washington. Although you got a bit snooty on me, you have a good point. But why would you want to "punk" anyone for taking the time to come out and not only look at your work, but comment on it? That in itself is as good a compliment I need.

DonJoey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I spend whatever depending on how much fun i'm having - though I dont cap the expenses.

If she's fun and she's worth another date and its cost me heaps I'll jokingly say "Its your turn to pay" and get a kick out of watching their jaw drop.

If you're looking at watching money and dating you shouldnt really be dating cause women end up costing you a fortune over the long haul.

Chrispy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I myself am a professional artist with regular showings across Washington. Although you got a bit snooty on me, you have a good point. But why would you want to "punk" anyone for taking the time to come out and not only look at your work, but comment on it? That in itself is as good a compliment I need.
If going to an art gallery, instead of B.S.ing or commenting, why not also ask her how it makes her react or what she thinks about it? A DJ rule is to let her talk and you listen too! Plus listening and getting to know her better shouldn't cost as much as the ranges mentioned thus far!!!