Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How many women on the forum?

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
There are probably more with indistinct accounts or posts, but recently I became aware of at least two women who post openly as such and render opinions on men related issues.

Some male posters clearly appreciate their perspectives etc. - I’m wondering how long this has been the case, since I just recently noticed it and have been around a few years.

How many do we think there actually are (active and out)?

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words @catsmeow and likewise I find your perspective value added.

@LiveYourDream is also a tenured female contributor. As is @penkitten. Both ladies pre date me here although neither is terribly active.

I have been here since 2015. I found the forum while in my first relationship post divorce and my interest at the time had a BPD ex wife (formally diagnosed) who was unreal at drama and crazy making. I didn’t know then what BPD was and stumbled in here.

I lurked awhile reading & learning & one day a particular poster, Ronaldo put up something so bombastic that I joined to contribute my take on his situation. He and I had a dialogue for a number of years and he has since grown & developed and gone on to make his mark in life.

I was royally roasted by some of the most tenured men here for a while and still am at times by some folks. That’s Ok. This is a male space. I respect that. Some of the wisdom here echoes things I often heard from my father & other men in my family, and all of them were accomplished well respected men in their chosen fields. So I share things my father would have said or done, and I share things that I impart to my son, who is in college now, and I sometimes share things about myself.

I offer one voice. I certainly cannot speak for all women, but I try to relate things that may help men here see or understand why something happens or what someone might be thinking. My background in nightlife can be useful perhaps, and maybe some of my life experience.

I also am pretty transparent about who I am. While preserving anonymity is important it is also important that men understand that I am who I say I am. My avatar has always been a recent photo of me for this reason. Sometimes people think it’s humble bragging or strait up bragging, but it’s accurate.

This is a unique place. I want to see men grow and accomplish success in their lives and relationships. The world needs real men. If my voice can assist in that process, I am satisfied that my presence here is useful, the occasional ribbing aside.

Cheers

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
I find the dynamic to be interesting, although the banter often is not productive. I’ve expressed elsewhere here that I’ve seen men’s spaces (which are few and far between) be destroyed by the presence of female voices. E.g. I was an early and longtime contributor to Athol Kay’s MMSL forum which was initially a men only space where female voices where quickly identified mostly as trolls and removed summarily. The. The need to monetize the venture opened it to women and it summarily crashed and burned, it was ugly.

All of this by way of saying I wonder why that seems not to be the case here, maybe it’s a volume thing.

Anyway thank you for the replies.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys always say if you want to learn to fish, don't ask a fish, ask a fisherman. They completely dismiss female voices. There's some truth to that, some girls will give you worthless advice. Other women are remarkably savvy, on the other hand. A lot of the female PUA gurus are basically spouting the same stuff the male PUAs do. Personally, I think there's something to be learned from a fish, even if you have to look deeper to find it.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Penkitten is still here? I remember her from back in the day. That's nice to know.

Chuck Taylor

Banned
Reaction score
We must always remember, however, that the fish who swim these waters are far from representative of the entire species. This must be taken into account at all times.
Men need a place where they can be men. No women. Just men. Without fear of being labeled 'toxic.' Men no longer have autonomy over their masculinity.

I have no interest in challenging myself to become more 'open to hearing different perspectives.' This isn't a shot at women one bit, but d@mnit, I'm a man. And I don't appreciate it when women try to 'soften me up' and turn me into one of them.

Your average modern woman looks at a man and instinctively thinks to herself, 'something's wrong with him...but not to worry. I'll fix him.' In an increasingly liberal society full of safe spaces, therapy dogs, skinny jeans and people talking about their fvcking feelings all the d@mn time, it's nice to be around like-minded men.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree. I’ve tried to let the handful of women here over the years know that the problem with hanging out with us is that they become a weird hybrid in their thinking, but of course they don’t latch onto what I’m saying.
I’m convinced that this place is toxic to women, and there’s nothing wrong with that. If I hung out on a woman’s forum every day I’d become a weird hybrid myself…mostly male but with an inappropriate propensity to regard things from a female perspective.

Jack22

Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m convinced that this place is toxic to women, and there’s nothing wrong with that. If I hung out on a woman’s forum every day I’d become a weird hybrid myself…mostly male but with an inappropriate propensity to regard things from a female perspective.
It's like guys who scroll reddit all day, they get all emotional irl.

When it comes to female posters, they're like back-seat drivers, most of the time they seem to be more annoying than helpful.

IKO69

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A troll masquerading as woman, maybe a couple.

An actual woman would never be active on a site like this/

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
On more than one occasion, one female forum member has unbeknownst and inadvertently validated my assertions about female behavior. As a result, I hope that this may have enlightened a newbie, lurker etc..,

I don’t object to either of them being here. The more perspectives, the better educated we can become. And sometimes, I will freely admit that I agree with them. It’s not all the time, but there are times that I do.

‘EyeBSuspecting’ that we have at least one other female forum member posing as a man… and maybe more. Who knows.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A troll masquerading as woman, maybe a couple.

An actual woman would never be active on a site like this/
@BeExcellent is most definitely a woman. I can confirm this through discussions with her. Not sure on @catsmeow but why would she lie about it?

We also will get the random woman who shows up - usually just to start a fight with the forum in general. Hasn't happened in awhile though. I feel like they typically come from one of the women's forums specifically. Guessing this place has been condemned by a number of female forums -- all the more reason we know we are doing something right.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@Atom Smasher has certainly emphasized from time to time about this place being toxic to women because it gives too much perspective and can warp the way a woman perceives men. I certainly can understand and respect that view.

I’d make the argument however that because I was socialized by my father predominately rather than my mother, who was emotionally bereft, and the fact that my father had 4 daughters but always wanted a son? So I grew up hunting and fishing and helping my father with cars or whatever he was building. In addition all the kids in my neighborhood were boys except my sisters and I…so we played sports, built forts, bikes, skateboarded and caught tadpoles in the creeks while playing in the woods.

I played football with the boys before school. I sat around to hear my father’s friends swap hunting stories. There were no Barbies, no cookie baking, no tea parties. Men were my vernacular growing up, and I grew up heavily socialized in male ways because my dad wanted sons and tomboys were his only alternative. And this never bothered me either. It just was the way of things.

The funny thing was that when jr. high & high school came around, nobody had taught me the ins and outs of female behavior, and suddenly I was that weird tomboy who the boys wouldn’t hang out with because I wasn’t a girly girl and the girls didn’t know me. For years I didn’t understand the appeal of the girly girl. So I ran track and played soccer and studied hard & didn’t really date, although I had become beautiful.

In time I did make close girlfriends, many of whom I am still friends with.

I joined a sorority in college where I became an officer. I did student senate. It wasn’t until college that a group of my girlfriends literally sat me down & explained that a “buddy” wasn’t what young men were interested in & how to be a woman. I mean I knew how to dress & have manners of course but social interaction as a female? I had no idea and was socially awkward for some time. I’m not awkward any more obviously, but I still have to consciously NOT gravitate to chatting up the men at parties because hanging with men is effortless for me, and I have to be aware that it is expected for me to socialize more with women or they get jealous & it creates issues (if women think I’m moving in on their man) so I can’t just hang out with the guys talking cars & Baseball & business, lol. Even though that’s what I’m more interested in.

So trust me. This place isn’t going to make me toxic or too male oriented. My childhood already did that & Ive already equilibrated from that over a long period of time.

But my upbringing has given me remarkable ease and relatability toward men, which makes me a sought after partner because innately I understand male speak and male perspective but now I also embrace my girly girl, which is a powerful thing ;)

So men feel understood and at ease with me, in addition to getting an objectively attractive female specimen.

So I like you guys & I feel comfortable here. But I respect it’s a male space & I have always made effort to interact gracefully here & not engage in too much silliness.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
I would think it would also make a woman second guess everything a man she’s dating does. “Is he manipulating me?”, “does he say that to every woman?”…and on and on and on.

I agree. I’ve tried to let the handful of women here over the years know that the problem with hanging out with us is that they become a weird hybrid in their thinking, but of course they don’t latch onto what I’m saying.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
I always thought that commercial pickup gurus kept preaching the “learn to fish from a…” line ONLY to hype up their own male-sourced advice/business. I found it to be more of a self-serving statement rather a hard truth that ALL female advice is bad.

The only caveat is I think a guy needs some level of experience to properly separate legit advice from women from their not so helpful advice.

But overall, I never had an issue with female posters.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
I'm not so easily swayed or manipulated by the brash nature and mindset many of you guys possess, in fact I welcome it!
I do not concur with us being “brash” as a group, maybe some members are less eloquent in their ability to express themselves without resorting to harsh language, but correlation is not causation.

I’d posit that the majority is just trying to make it through without further excoriation having developed scar tissue.