Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How many push ups can you guys do?

Just-In

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just a lil curious on how many push ups you guys can do at one go.

2 years back I was actively racing mountain bikes and I do alot of cardio. Managed 117 push ups at one go. Bonked on the floor right after that! :p

Azn4life

Don Juan
Reaction score
about 50 here.

scales99

Don Juan
Reaction score
My record is 47 w/o stopping. My goal is for 100, but what would really be cool would be if I could do pushups and clap behind my back. I've tried doing them before, but I always land on my face, lol.

Soshyopathe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you are serious about lifting, you shouldn't know your max pushups, or max anything for that matter.

Fred Da Head

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Soshyopathe
If you are serious about lifting, you shouldn't know your max pushups, or max anything for that matter.
Oh yeah, so football players aren't serious about lifting. :rolleyes:

Just-In

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeap, Soshyopathe is right.

I'm starting to bulk up now and ditching the cardio. Damn, I love cardio! Oh well, you can't get the best of both worlds can you?

stevey_2000

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
wtf?, i must be doing something wrong then cos i'm only able to do about 31 before i'm flat out on the mat...i've been doing push ups for about 2 months, am i doing something wrong not to be able to do any more, i would have thought by now i should have improved!!

advice?

JohnnyVegas

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by stevey_2000
wtf?, i must be doing something wrong then cos i'm only able to do about 31 before i'm flat out on the mat...i've been doing push ups for about 2 months, am i doing something wrong not to be able to do any more, i would have thought by now i should have improved!!

advice?
Pushups aren't a workout! You need to actually build those muscles up through weight training to get results.

scales99

Don Juan
Reaction score
I just thought I'd try to clarify the purpose of this thread. This isn't about how much bulk you can build from doing pushups, or why people can't and won't get huge from doing them, or anything like that. It's simply asking how many you can do. The only reason I know how many pushups I can do is because I live in the boonies and don't have access to weights and I don't have any money to buy them with. So I do pushups, cuz I have nothing better to do. I would rather do pushups than nothing at all.

And to answer stevey_2000's question, you need to add weight somehow or start lifting weights to break your plateau. I started doing one-handed pushups and hand stand pushups to increase the strength in my pecs and triceps. That seemed to work a bit. But there's only so much you can do. You could try doing pushups with a bookbag on or you could get a weighted vest.

myfriendblu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well

I cranked out about 60 in highschool....That was my personal best. I was only about 140 lbs at the time and benching 215 though. Right now Im a little heavier and not in as good shape, but i could prolly still crank out 40. Pushups are a great way to add a little upper body muscle. Shoot, pushups, pullups, some crunches and jump rope and jog a little and you could whip your body into DJ shape in no time, no gym or weights needed.

Lt dan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
first i belive saying that pushups dont build any muscle is bullshlt. all i do is pushups sit ups and running, im cut like a mother fvcker, not bulky but i have alot more muscloe than alot of peole i know. and if pushups dont build any muscle or have any benifits, why does the military do them so much and have so many people that are in great shape? but im not looking to start a flame war or anything im just syaing that to get in good looking shape you CAN do it by your own body's resistance.

but for the question, my most was 110 in two minutes.

Soshyopathe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Look, they don't build muscle. You will never see a pro BBer doing pushups. They build a little if you are a newbie. The military does it because it involves no equipment. The military is not in great shape, they look like the average guy on the street. They have endurance and willpower, that's it.

Rashad

Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a friend in high school who was probably one of the most obese individuals ive ever seen. Junior year he was almost 300 lbs and all fat. NO ONE, i mean NO ONE ever would have thought he would lose weight.. he was huge. He wrestled heavyweight and always lost because he had very little muscle.

He joined the Marines..and i saw him a few years ago right after he got back from basic. He had lost ALL his unwanted gut and fat. To this day i have yet to see someone that had pecks like that. When i asked him how his pecks got so huge he said from pushups. (he was a loudmouth, so i am sure he did a lot). Anyways.. that kid is living proof that pushups help. Im not sayin it will make you a body builder build, but ****.. it will definitely work your pecks.. they dont hurt for no reason, after that bout of 150 pushups.;)

Lt dan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
have any of yall ever done just push ups without weight. alot of them. an upcoming army ranger was told by his rotc guy, who was an army ranger in vietnam to do 1000 pushups a day. try that and see how it works. most of yall dont even have the endurance to do a hundred in one session(which is sad). the thousand push ups arent in one session, its throughout the day. but i garuntee you if you do that many you wil be rock hard.

Demon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Soshyopathe
The military is not in great shape, they look like the average guy on the street. They have endurance and willpower, that's it.
I have a cousin in the US Special Forces as well as a cousin who was in Marines who would say otherwise. Even my father who was in the Air Force said he was in the best shape of his life while in the military.

On the otherhand, endurance training is perfect for those who haven't been to the gym in months or never at all. I lost a lot of muscle definition and gained lots of fat, but I didn't lose any strength. I lost endurance and willpower.

DJ Girevik

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Last I tried I can do about 45. I weigh 230 and bench about 150-160 (used to be able to do 170-180 but I bombed out cuz I never bench)

JADT

Don Juan
Reaction score
I can do about 90 push ups max without stopping. It's hard,but I'm near 100. With push ups I sure have gotten a lot stronger.I can't wait to see what I'm like when I can do 200

TurfDawg

Don Juan
Reaction score
The most I've ever done were 60 push-ups in high school during my cross-country days.

Ever since I started hitting the weight room I stop doing push-ups, mainly because you can't gain any mass from them and they become too easy and boring to do. I've tried all different kinds of variations; the diamond push-ups, elevated feet and even some weight resistance.

Somebody said earlier the only time you get huge from push-ups is when you are a newbie to working-out, this is true.:cool: