Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How Many Of You Are Smokers?

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I quit when I was 30. (I'm 42 now.) I tried a few methods. I tried the patch, but that was too all over the place for me so I tore it off. I also was prescribed Welbutrin, but you've got to be careful with that stuff, tapering off of it especially. I got off of that as quickly as I could, too, after I learned of its side effects. I figured if I was going to quit, there would be no magic bullet.

As for cold turkey vs. gradual cutback, I'm pretty sure I cut back. That took a week or two, maybe. I do remember one day when I had one cigarette, my last, and it was unceremonious. I guess because I didn't know if I'd want another one or not.

I also quit during summertime when (in the north) I could be more active, and I did it after a breakup when I was motivated to improve myself. I had just started a new job, too, and didn't want to start by being "the smoker." So there were some motivational factors there. Above all else, I just knew it wasn't who I wanted to be anymore, that I'd had my fun in my 20s but it was time to stop abusing my body in that way. I knew I wanted to feel good walking upstairs, to play basketball or go for a run or whatever. And I live in NYC where taxes were rising constantly on tobacco. Overall, I saw quitting as a gift to myself for turning 30.

Has it improved my life mentally? I'm pretty sure it did. The lack of irritability and distraction have helped. I got the same balance from quitting coffee. I don't get as hyper, but I also don't crash or get angry as often. And I'm not holding anybody up - like the song goes, everything's gotta stop while they have that cigarette.

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Reversing the damage from smoking?

I quit oh roughly 15 years ago. In that 15 years, have kept hitting the gym on a regular basis, lots of cardio and a pretty clean diet.

I hear you can reverse the damage caused by smoking, once you quit?

stovepipe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Reversing the damage from smoking?

I quit oh roughly 15 years ago. In that 15 years, have kept hitting the gym on a regular basis, lots of cardio and a pretty clean diet.

I hear you can reverse the damage caused by smoking, once you quit?
I have permanent lung issues from my many years of smoking. Some not all of the damage can be reversed.