How Long Did It Take You To Go From AFC To DJ?

MVPlaya

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OK Guys,

All of us get on this site with some magical belief that all our ills will be cured with 10 pages of reading and 12 ounces of sweat, mixed together for 8 weeks in the form of the Don Juan BootCamp. But seriously, of those of you who were AFC when coming to this site, how long did it take you to change from AFC to DJ? I hear some guys talking about 8 month transformations... those of you who have BootCamped, did you feel "Player" after 8 weeks?

Discuss.

seloifter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
How many people here actually even ARE dj's to begin with?
If they STILL haven't made it to DJ, they can't answer the question ;)

weehee

Don Juan
Reaction score
peeps who become "DJ" probably left and are not here to answer that question

E-Z Rider

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm...I started out with a huge crush on a girl, wondered if she liked me, blah blah. Came here, learned, finally worked (she ended up kissing me, lol). Lasted a couple-a months, then i let the 'line go slack' and lost her.

But a month or two after that I really started feeling good about myself, like a real man-in-the-making. I finally used some of the skills I learned and nabbed probably the hottest girl in my high school- she was really tough for guys to talk to, but I melted her ;)

That relationship just ended recently. Now I have to really focus on some cold pick-ups (never done that before) and get to know some girls here at college. And improve my social life. I kind of neglected that with this last gf :(

So...to answer the question...probably about 6 months or so until I started to really feel it, and closer to a year before I successfully "DJ'ed" a chick.

I haven't regretted a moment of it. I never look back. This site is awesome.

-E-Z

**Let me of course add that I don't consider myself a "DJ" yet really. I have a pretty strong mindset about it, but I need to work on applying it more to chicks, since I'm single now

MVPlaya

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks EZ,

I just meant improvements, how long it takes you to do that, and most of us came here with some girl in mind anyway so for you to nab the hottest girl at your school is a mission well accomplished. I'm still on my way so I can't answer this question yet, but... anyone else?

quest

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i don't consider myself a dj.. but i know when i first started picking girls up (about 16-17) they were few and far between.. normally about a 3-4 month gap. since then, it has consistantly closed in, and now it'll be more like 3 in a night, then none for 2 weeks, then one in a night, then another one the week after.. then maybe another 2 weeks.. u know, harder to say, but always weekends..
and when being 16, if i picked a girl up i instantly thought, omg we're going to get married.. wanted to say "i love you" on the first night. not sure if that was AFC or stupidity.. but now when i pick up anything 6 and under, i write it off as a one time thing. if i pick up a 7+ i will get the number and pursue her (although not especially hard, probably for a lack of confidence)
i will consider myself a DJ when i can do cold pick ups, and when i can pick up challenging girls. right now, all but 2 have been either skanky, or quite average looking. need more of the good looking, non skanky.

Postal_Priest

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am not DJ (yet). I've read this site for about 4 or 5 months now, and after consistently reading, the ideas on this site come to life in my head whenever I talk to girls. I was able to hook up a girl every now and then before I read this site, but it was very hard to teach myself and I always wondered where I went wrong after I lost them. Once I found this place and read many of the DJ ways, I realized that those nights when I did get the girl, I had actually done many DJ tactics automatically. It just all came with the confidence I had on those occasions.

I know this site to be TRUTH because before I found it, the methods taught here worked and I didn't even know I had used them. A few of my friends are quite DJ, and I see them use DJ methods (naturally, they don't know about this site) all the time.

6 months ago I was an AFC that would occasionally let out the DJ inside, now I am learning to harness the powers, and it helps greatly. The other night I chatted up a HB7 at work for 30 minutes, passed one of her "sh!t tests", neg-hitted her a few times, and had her talking about how she liked giving head and was really horny.. I could tell by the way she was looking at me I could have ****ed her that night. I did everything by-the-book according to this site.

I give it about 6 months-a year before I am DJ. Its so hard to get the nerve for cold approaches.

Bill

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Let me tell you in how much time, honestly, I went from AFC to DJ mindset: a good night of sleep. That's right. I woke up that morning knowing that I wasn't thinking the same anymore; all of a sudden I knew what I wanted from life, from chicks, etc. Sure my game wasn't perfect all of a sudden too, but it hasn't stopped improving.

I read the Bible for the first time a year ago and it changed me. I've been reading the boards for about the same time and I learn new stuff everyday. I lost my virginity to a chick I seduced entirely with DJ principles (challenge, mystery, manliness, etc) I knew nothing of a year ago.

So how long did it take me to go from AFC to DJ? Dunno. I still have to improve my game (like everybody) but I guess I'm getting closer and closer to DJhood if there's such a thing. The important thing in all of this is to remember that life is all about experimenting, making mistakes and learning (that post "Let Yourself Fail" was quite a wake-up call).

Qobolwayo

Reaction score
First off i aint no DJ.

But I get the girls nicely.
I aint scared no more.
And when i get my swerve on

I do my thing like I am doing my thing for t.v

Scincerely though it was a like a change in the climate of the mind.
It happened, I understood, meaning my subconcious got IT.

3 chicks in one day (the trinity) told me i finally wasnt AFC.

Yeah it definitley was a religious experience:D

Paranoid

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
When I started first off I did have some AFC qualities....so this site has made me aware of them.

I have been able to mask those qualities by superimposing some of the principles I have gleaned from this site.I am not sure if I shall ever become a DJ but I do know for sure that I am growing in confidence day-by-day.I do not know if I shall ever have a relapse of AFCitis which can happen over the long run when one stops thinking about one's behavior esp. when really into a chich....thats when the AFC qualities scream out loud to you....begging you to take them into consideration.Even the best of the DJ's may have one of these moments sometime down the line.But we do have the upperhand by being able to recognize those symptoms and we know where to turn for a solution.

For me this site is not just about chicks but about Life itself.Getting chicks is a big part of your life but so are many other things.Some of the techniques/tips we get here can be used in everyday life to everybody in general in most of the situations.

So, in short :D ,I am still learning the ropes and hoping to prrove to myself that I can be what I aspire to be.....

Sting

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's absolutely pathetic (although human nature) to ask how long it usually takes to go from AFC to DJ. In asking the question, it seems like you want to know to gauge whether it's worth the time and effort that it takes to make the "transformation."

I've got news for you, it will take as long as it takes. More importantly, it won't happen until you let go of arbitrary timetables and expectations. If you want to change, it won't be a magical transformation. It will be hard work, and for the most part you won't notice the gradual change. This is because to notice the change, you'll need to hold onto the image of the AFC that you are in order to gauge your progress. Don't make this mistake. Let go of who you are, and embrace who you want to be.

Squid

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm still learning, unfortunately it seems the hard way most of the time. When I first came to this site a few years ago, I spent my time reading (I didn't post until recently). I would think that I understood, but I would be doing well until the relationship would progress, and I would think "this chick is different, she doesn't think like the bible says they do".

Well, I turned out being wrong every time. But because of this, I now know not to doubt the bible. I have also developed a pretty thick skin, if things don't work out, I genuinly don't care anymore, any woman can be replaced.

THA REALNESS

Banned
Reaction score
I was never really an AFC to begin with.I had trouble approaching Girls and that's about it.

Matt ala Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are many DJ's still around. Although alot of us will not respond to post that can be easily answered by reading some of the bible.

I will answer the topic of this thread. It took me about a year to snap out of my AFC ways. Been making up for lost time ever since! ;)

M.A.C.

digitalrat

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Matt ala Casanova
There are many DJ's still around. Although alot of us will not respond to post that can be easily answered by reading some of the bible.

I will answer the topic of this thread. It took me about a year to snap out of my AFC ways. Been making up for lost time ever since! ;)

M.A.C.
I have to second that.

GREAT WHITE SHARK

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1 year....

but always learning and practicing since day one.

Hugh G. Rection

Don Juan
Reaction score
I consider myself RAFC, and I've been improving (VERY slowly though, I'm a virgin and I've never kissed a girl, but people don't believe me when I tell them. I like that, though) for the last 4 years now. It's tough, because you have to change your entire personality, and eventually become a totally different person. I am also autistic, which makes it harder for me to tell what people mean when they act certain ways (ALL people, not just women, it's a disorder. Imagine the problems I've had with women specifically because of that), and I have more difficulties because of that, but I won't get into that now. I have to keep trying, I don't have another choice. I have nothing else on my mind, just IMPROVE IMPROVE IMPROVE. i've learned a LOT already, and want to learn more. If all goes well, maybe I can be devirginated before age 21, and that'll be when I finally make it to DJ status. I see the entire process as an education, and devirgination as the degree. It'll be all worth it, I'm sure.

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Different guys come in having different levels of need, some needing lots, some needing medium, some needing little. How much is needed in reality can be different than conjecture; more was wrong with me than I had thought, but less than I came to fear. It took me years to 'arrive' and I'm still learning things. Ultimately there is no such thing as a "DJ"; It's just an arbitrary label, which if you really want to 'succeed', you must eventually depart from.

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I read this **** for about a year. :D Didn't date anyone.

Then got out into the field and nowcan lay pretty easily. I have social proof, 3 ****buddies and about 10 girls who want me. But I didn't do everything consciously and I need more practice.

I still can't approach a 10 on the street and lay her in the first 2 weeks. I don't have enough game to keep the attention of a big group for more than 5 mins.

I think I need about 1 more year to get to the enlightenment.