Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How Is Your Job Going To Hold Up?

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How do you think your job is going to hold up during the pandemic?

I deliver and repair medical equipment. We've cut back heavily on minor repairs which make up a large portion of our work. Delivery is difficult with a heavy lock down on hospitals and personal care homes. A lot of things are being done by mail and I've been taking charge in assessing what's urgent and what can wait being that I'm a senior technician. We are more front-line because the majority of the province relies on us. The downside is I'm much higher at risk for catching the virus.

If our director had his way, he'd be sending us home with pay. However, our CEO doesn't like that idea, even though our pay comes out of a set-aside government budget, so we can get paid regardless. After this has all settled down, there's going to be a ton of work for us to catch up on.

So, how's your job outlook?

xplt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Being and IT Administrator for a production concern, I don't think I will run out of work the next weeks.
I prepared 50 users for homeoffice this week who will need support. Have projects going for which I will have plenty of time for.
System optimizations and maintenances have to be done.

Our concern is spread over Europe, the USA and Asia. Several plants are already closed by now. Customers won't accept our goods and stopped ordering. Vendors stopped delivering gray goods.
Biggest concern is that our production is running out of work.

Should we have the first approved case of infection, our CEO will send the whole office staff home and reduces the capacity in our production. Our payments will be continued.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Frankly, this will be the worst global recession since the Great Depression. The social distancing will be around for 2-3 months minimum, likely even longer and more stringent when the virus returns this fall.

My outlook in the next few months is ok but the industry I’m in will tank of this drags on longer than that.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Social distancing barely works. The virus hangs in the air for hours.

I am actually going to grow food on my family farm this year to eat and not to sell. It has been nearly impossible to make a living with a small farm for the past 40 years. But now, the tide has turned, at least in regard to what is valuable. Large farms are going to run into supply chain issues: fuel, seed, fertilizer, labor, mechanics...it takes a lot to farm thousands of acres. And the median age of a us farmer is 58. A lot of them will be sick or dead.

It's not that easy to grow one's own food. Many crops are mechanically harvested, nearly impossible to produce much by hand. I am thinking potatoes, shelled beans, and winter squash for the fall. I would encourage everyone to look into your own "victory garden" as they called them in world war 2.

7onriverI f

Banned
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to the next 6 weeks. Got my workout program. Going out every 2 weeks to get some groceries. bit of of sunlight every day with my shirt off looking over a park. Hope I don't get the virus or anyone to get it. Won't be seeing anyone at all except when I go to the supermarket and just getting the stuff. Hope the economy doesn't totally go down and we are left without electricity or internet. Even if that happens its not the end of the world but just not desirable.

Got the news on the TV and watching poker tournament final tables on youtube when not watching the news.

Just seen on the news with a guy in Sydney who has a huge mortgage (1.5 million) on his cafe and only 6 weeks money to cover himself and 5 staff. I'm glad I'm not in business atm. Feel for the guy though.

Last edited:

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Speaking of workout plans, the virus attacks the lungs and weakens lung function even after you recover. It would make sense, then, that the stronger your lungs are in the first place, the better you will fare. The last time I had a good reason to do sprints was not getting my ass kicked any worse in mma. Right now might be the best time in any of our lives to do some cardio.

7onriverI f

Banned
Reaction score
Speaking of workout plans, the virus attacks the lungs and weakens lung function even after you recover. It would make sense, then, that the stronger your lungs are in the first place, the better you will fare. The last time I had a good reason to do sprints was not getting my ass kicked any worse in mma. Right now might be the best time in any of our lives to do some cardio.
Im going a lot of bodyweight exercises so the heart rate will be pumping. I got a stationary bike so i could so some bike sprints on that while watching the short deck high roller poker tournaments. Considering what you wrote and might do them on the weekends while doing my bodyweight exercises during the week.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I work remotely for a small business. My pay was a bit lower this week. But I shrugged it off. After all, I'm spending hardly any money. No taxis, no bars, no restaurants, no travel. So I can make up the difference.

I wouldn't tell my boss this but even if he couldn't afford me I'd still ask for work to stay busy.

Long term, who knows. I work in entertainment and everything's ground to a halt. Traditionally entertainment was more or less recession-proof. Not this time.

Ohso-Phresh

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
All the folks staying home are clogging my data feeds, had to go and order fiber to the home office. The market is super fun right now, earnings pace is up 3x on the daily even with jumpy and lagging data.

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
still normal for me and I don't see me stoping working, monthly quotas and timelines don't care about how well or bad you are

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How do you think your job is going to hold up during the pandemic?

I deliver and repair medical equipment. We've cut back heavily on minor repairs which make up a large portion of our work. Delivery is difficult with a heavy lock down on hospitals and personal care homes. A lot of things are being done by mail and I've been taking charge in assessing what's urgent and what can wait being that I'm a senior technician. We are more front-line because the majority of the province relies on us. The downside is I'm much higher at risk for catching the virus.

If our director had his way, he'd be sending us home with pay. However, our CEO doesn't like that idea, even though our pay comes out of a set-aside government budget, so we can get paid regardless. After this has all settled down, there's going to be a ton of work for us to catch up on.

So, how's your job outlook?
My line of work is something hospitals need. So, pretty good.

logicallefty

Reaction score
My cop job, no concerns, business as usual.

My IT job, no concerns. Chaos, and Plenty of work to do. Just working from home.

logicallefty

Reaction score
In Canada, 500,000 people have applied for EI. It would have been smart for those organic dog biscuit ladies and essential oil dealers to apply at EI for temporary jobs.
Yep there are too many of them. Time to do some real work ladies. Your bubble is popped. I've had 2 x girlfriends over the years who were into the selling of this online sh|t. Both of them tried to get me involved so we could 'do something together'. I said no way, I got my own fish to fry. Translation was I do their grunt work and they keep all the money.

Serenity

Reaction score
I work as a process operator, we're currently down to 86% production due to not being supplied enough chemicals in the near future. We won't shut down for good, but several scenarios may cause us to shut down the process temporarily. If we run out of storage space for the products, don't get necessary chemicals or too many people get sick/quarantined we will stop production.

If the worst case scenario happens I will be fine in terms of money, we will get paid the same. The foreseeable future will be extremely boring either way, but I'll be fine at the end of it.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I work as a consultant for the european commission, Im basically stuck since the beginning of march.

All the work that can be done by phone or skype if proceeding yet no business trip is gonna happen for weeks, many nations even closed their main airports.

HankHill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For the time being I'm not impacted. However, I'm concerned about the longer term impact (1-3 months out). Most businesses that rely on or are in retail, restaurants, travel/entertainment will be directly impacted. That will create a big layoff event, which in turn will affect most other businesses (people not buying/spending) and the overall economy could come to a crawl.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I told you this would happen.
It's okay. My mission, as I chose to accept it, was to help others. This is what I do. Doesn't compare to anything when I was a medic in the army/military.

I heard one cough and I was like “fvck that!”.
Appreciate that support, but I understand. Gotta keep Indian Point up and running.