Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How important is the car?

rit71

Reaction score
I'm 33 years old and never owned a car. Looking back on my life, I see that I 've constanly been on the move since I graduated high school. I've been in the military, traveled abroad, attended many different colleges. So basically I've lived in a lot of different places. In every situation, I didn't own a car. In fact, and this may sound strange to many guys, I never really thought I needed one.

Now I live in Austin while I'm finishing school. I work as a kindergarten teacher aide and don't make a ton of money, but I like what I do. School is expensive even with scholarships, so I've had to make some sacrifices including no car. It's much cheaper, as a student, to take the bus and I live close to where I work.

To make a long story short, I'm interested in dating again, or at least meeting some women. I'd say I'm an all around interesting guy and I don't have a problem connecting with women. But the issue of no car? How important do you guys think it is for a guy to have one if he's gonna score?

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Imagine going on a date (any date) WITH a car. Now imagine the exact same date without one.

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I depends on where you live.

If you live in a city such as San Fran , NY, london - then you don't need one.

If you live in a city like LA - then you need wheels.

I'd guess you need them.

If $'s are a big issue - go for an Hybrid - or and oldy - then you've got a good excuse on why your driving a cr#p vehicle.

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i don't care where you live, get a car for christ sake. the possible exception would be Manhattan. aside from the convenience factor with dating, it's just a general life convenience. you can go where you want, when you want.

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by rit71
I'm 33 years old and never owned a car.

To make a long story short, I'm interested in dating again,
But the issue of no car? How important do you guys think it is for a guy to have one if he's gonna score?
Well..in some places you cant live without a car .. in some others you dont need one. What city you are in? Do many guys there have no car?

You dont need a car to actually date.. but...in many average to small US cities women may think a guy without a guy is odd.
So it all depends.

I wish I'd not need a car, but I cant even walk to a store without it.

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by NewMan

If $'s are a big issue - go for an Hybrid

A Hybrid is normally 4-5k more than a regular car. Goverment return about what...2k maybe?
If he gets a car he wont drive much anyway...so he wont save up on gas much...

Just curious...What was the reason behind you advice about Hybrid? Maybe I missed somehting?

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
I have car for you--- $300 needs tranny has rebuilt motor.

Just buy a beater; like an old honda, nissan, or toyota.

In atlanta you cant survive without a car.

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by SELF-MASTERY
I have car for you--- $300 needs tranny has rebuilt motor.
Just buy a beater; like an old honda, nissan, or toyota.
And you will have to put into it another $500 just to start it. And each year at least $300 to keep it running. It is not big money, but it is not the best feeling when you have to constantly fix up somehting in the car.
Plus that you will feel conscious to show it to women...
It is a solution, but not very good soultion.

I guess better save some money and buy something in a relatively decent shape. Maybe start from $1500-$2000 and up.
Again, what is half of his city dont have a car? then he doesnt need it at all.

Lost In Translation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But the issue of no car? How important do you guys think it is for a guy to have one if he's gonna score?

VERY IMPORTANT

where i live you cannot pimp without a car

So Many Ways

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MetalFortress
ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Buy a car!!! Just buy a cheap one if money is tight!!

Uh, actually, no. I bought a 900 dollar Honda Civic when I was broke, and the only money I put into it has been spent on gas and oil changes. These cars are bulletproof. Women love it too, since it's probably the only Honda Civic Wagon with an "05" sticker on the windshield and a Triton V8 sticker on the side of the car (thank my coworkers and the previous owner, in that order, for those)

I'm assuming you have more money than I did back then (I made about 300-400 a month and was in about 1200 dollars of credit card debt) so you can buy something better. If you want something cheap but still very fun to drive, I recommend an old Acura Integra. Old BMWs are awesome too, and almost as reliable as old Hondas (and have status too), but maintenance will be more expensive.
I agree with MetalFortress. I drive a Honda Civic and the only thing I've had to do was scheduled maintenace, that's it. After 122,000 miles, I've had no problems. They get good fuel economy and the cost of ownership is low.

white sox bill

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I own a 1989 Jeep Wrangler and owned it since brand new. I keep it painted, clean in tip top shape. Sure it rides rough but so far NO woman has ever said "I don't like your old Jeep, I won't go out with you!" Screw her if one does!

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Short on $$$ and need a car?

Forget about buying a cheap beater like a Honda or Nissan econobox. That's just sad.

Keep your eye out for a good ol' American classic. You can find all kinds of classy looking rides that won't hurt your pocket book too much. They do guzzle the gas but won't put you in the poor house when repair time comes.

Its a cheap way to own a ride with a bit of style and character. I own a '71 Plymouth Valiant which I only drive in the summer. Its black with white leather interior and gets loads of comments and looks whenever I'm driving around town.

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by So Many Ways
I agree with MetalFortress. I drive a Honda Civic and the only thing I've had to do was scheduled maintenace, that's it. After 122,000 miles, I've had no problems. They get good fuel economy and the cost of ownership is low.
There is no doubt japanese cars are in general very reliable.
But. What do women say about your tiny little civic box? are they willing to get into it?
Women love something that cool and "all others have" at least.
civic is small and project a not very pleasant imagein of somehting tiny...

Sure if you want just to have a car, cicvi is a great choice. But for women...

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by al77
There is no doubt japanese cars are in general very reliable.
But. What do women say about your tiny little civic box? are they willing to get into it?
Women love something that cool and "all others have" at least.
civic is small and project a not very pleasant imagein of somehting tiny...

Sure if you want just to have a car, cicvi is a great choice. But for women...
It's not about the car, at least it's not with women who are actually into you.

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Francisco d'Anconia
It's not about the car, at least it's not with women who are actually into you.
You are absolutely right. But somehting tells me those "care about you" such rare species today...
Lets conteplate a bit: what would a woman think about a guy who has graduated looong time ago and don't have a car?
a) is he AA memeber and can't drive due to DUI? b) does he have a job? c) does he stay with his parents? ...z) Should I date him at all?

It is tough, but it the way women think...sure a guy can attarct women with his personality only. But serious gals who care about him, would want to eventually marry him and they want to know his financial situation right away... at least to know it.
"No car" means "what's worn with this guy?"...it is sort of hard to convince her that it is ok not to have a car due to some problems with money...

Another example: I dont like cell phones. I dont own one.
And of course women seem take it as ODD.

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
Old BMWs are awesome too, and almost as reliable as old Hondas
Old bimmers aren't good for ppl who own old bimmers 'cus the cant afford a new one.

As said just find a civic if u can drive stick there are more options in the broke basturd car market. Hell, I drive a crx which I just LOVE, the gold diggas arent to hot about it, but when I take a curve at 75mph it puts a grin on my face. Even if you getting a cheap car try to find something that YOU actually enjoy. Don't let a car keep you from macking. I have friends that have their dates pick them up and pay the tab. Budget pimping aint easy son, but someone is making it happen.

DrDope

Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to live in Austin. I think it would be pretty rough to live there without a car. Capital Metro is all right but it's hot as hell waiting for the bus.

I suppose if you live near downtown or campus you can get by without wheels but if you live outside of those areas you'll be jonesing.

$1500 bucks should get you something older but reliable and with working AC (imperative).

$3000 and you'll have something halfway respectable.

simple_wish

Don Juan
Reaction score
You don't need a fancy ride to score

I worked with a guy who has a Lamborghini Diablo. Very Sweet car...but he's single and definately hasn't gotten any action with his "status symbol" car.

It's not like you can take your car into the bar with you. he even has pic's of the car on his phone to show the girls that he drives one...but it doesn't get him the action.

It's up to you to get the girl...not the car!

Lost In Translation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
there are 2 different schools of pimpin' out a car in my mind

what men admire

what women admire

men admire power and useful gadjets

MOST women are ditzy about cars

you wanna pull pu$$y with a car

you gotta think like a bower bird

a bower bird attracts it's mate with PRETTY OBJECTS

women have no resistance to pretty useless crap on cars

******** car guide :

stickers make the car go faster

neon lights WOW PRETTY LIGHTS.... TWINKLING *dumb b*tches lol*

subwoofer makes their vagina get WET can you say 140db VIBRATOR !

chrome rims so they can look at themselves in the reflection

custom number plate DO YOU KNOW 2HOT4U ? HE IS MY FRIEND *her dealer lol* what about CMEFLY ? *her pimp*

do you know blah blah ? do you know blah blah ?

i tell chicks to shut the f*ck up when they start that lol. maybe i am getting old.

and lastly what pisses me most of about women and cars

CONVERTIBLES

every b*tch wants one

but they don't wanna muck up their hair

THEY ARE SO F*CKING STUPID

catch 22 ? is that a new hamburger at McDonalds ? ( where i take them for expensive dinners LOL )

so they buy a convertible and drive with the roof up ALL THE TIME

DUMB AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH B*TCHES ARE DUMB !

Lost In Translation :D

**AUSTRALIAN STREET PIMP**

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Joe The Homophobe
Where do you look for such cars? I look in my papers in my town and I can't find any 70's cars, everything is 80's and 90's.
Classic Auto Trader (classified magazine)
Buy and Sell Auto Trader
Ebay
Countless online sites devoted to classic cars.

There are tons of these cars still out there. Good luck.