How Important Is Having Good Teeth?

justiceseeker

Don Juan
Reaction score
I read the article on the front page about how women rank teeth as being the number 1 deal breaker. I've always been of the belief that women say that put a lot more emphasis on teeth than they really do. Sure, having yellow, or rotten teeth is a big turn-off. But some guys who just have minor gaps or slight stains feel the need to have major, cosmetic dentistry done because they read how important it is to women. Think about it this way: I highly doubt that a guy who's fat, and has zits all over his face is going to increase his attractiveness substantially by having 30k worth of dental work done. Sure teeth are important to good looks, but women have this thing where they love to over-emphasize it's importance.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Take care of the big stuff, weight, grooming, wardrobe.

Then tighten up on the details. I'm doing some whitening right now because I smoked until recently. My teeth aren't perfect, but I have a great smile so that helps. My ex said that bad teeth were a big deal breaker for her.

Aristotle

Don Juan
Reaction score
An old proverb says that one is only as strong as one's worst weakness. DJs are not men who rely on a particular attribute to pick up women, they are men who can pick up women with any attribute. It follows that one must not have any weakness, but bring every attribute one has up to the same standard. Thus, if there is a favorite attribute one uses to pick up women, bring every attribute up to that same level. Do not neglect any aspect of oneself, but give a consistent level of attention to each aspect.

Since everyone has teeth, it is an attribute that is crucial. Everyone can master it, but few do, though those that do have good teeth clearly stand out as individuals who know how to give the right amount of attention to a sensitive area of health.

justiceseeker

Don Juan
Reaction score
Aristotle said:
An old proverb says that one is only as strong as one's worst weakness. DJs are not men who rely on a particular attribute to pick up women, they are men who can pick up women with any attribute. It follows that one must not have any weakness, but bring every attribute one has up to the same standard. Thus, if there is a favorite attribute one uses to pick up women, bring every attribute up to that same level. Do not neglect any aspect of oneself, but give a consistent level of attention to each aspect.

Since everyone has teeth, it is an attribute that is crucial. Everyone can master it, but few do, though those that do have good teeth clearly stand out as individuals who know how to give the right amount of attention to a sensitive area of health.
What about guys whose parents couldn't afford braces when they were younger? You can brush, whiten and have cleanings all you want. These *****es will still ***** about gaps. It's costs BIG TIME money to have veneers put on. Not everyone can afford that. Most can't

kebman

Don Juan
Reaction score
My teeth are not the best looking. In fact I had a front tooth punched out during a fight last year. It's cut in half. Looks real stupid. I keep them clean though. But years of drinking coke is also taking it's toll... Hope I'll earn enough to fix them soon, 'cause this is EXPENCIVE where I live...

I still go home with, and start open relationships with lots of women, though. So I can't really say it has a huge effect on my game.

Aristotle

Don Juan
Reaction score
To further clarify, when I say to "master" one's teeth, I mean that one does the best that one can given the vast amount of things outside of one's control. This does not mean that one's teeth are necessarily in perfect placement, but it does mean that one does the best that one can with the aspects that one can control, which is what life is all about.

The most important part of teeth is not placement, but the actual health of the teeth that you have.

devils3777

Banned
Reaction score
Quit making excuses and go get your damned teeth straightened, whitened etc.

In the last 20 years or so, ANYONE can have a beautiful smile if they want to. I hate how people complain about their teeth and complain that it costs too much (braces cost about $5,000) and then these same people lease expensive cars and take multiple $2,000 vacations per year.

And just because you did not have braces as a kid, it does not mean the window of opportunity has been missed.

Look up any orthodontist and they will tell you teeth can be moved at any age and the number of adults getting braces has skyrocketed over the last years.

Oh and to answer your question. STRAIGHT TEETH ARE UBER IMPORTANT.

Why? It is taken for granted and there is no excuse these days to have ugly teeth.

My two cents.

In2theGame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a funny topic for me because i believe that teeth are important when you smile. I have some work being done on me right now, crowns, filling (clear type) and wisdom teeth extracted. Im still getting braces in about a month and a half. but you know what the best part is?... :eek: So far ive spent $5,100 in correcting my teeth and IM NOT EVEN DONE YET. Braces are going to run me another $6,000. It will be all worth it when im done and have a Celeb type smile. On a side note though, The cost for Dentist and Ortho work is so F**ing outrageous and insurance considers it "Cosmetic" :cuss: Insurance companies are a F**n scam, atleast for dental work.

broken dreams

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Im a dentist I can help you PM a pic of your smile, I'll tell you your options.
It makes a difference type of smile , shows charisma tells something about your personality in a sub-level of esthetic and beauty.
The secret to whiter teeth
I will burn for this one, the truth behind it is a recent study showed crest whitening for 3 months is equal to in office whitening . do the math and time it. see which is better for you.

I.A.F.Y.B.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think it's on top of 'most' womens list. If a woman is going to judge you based on your teeth than, fvck her. Other than that, it's just basic hygene for yourself. Brush, floss, and use mouth wash.

nmartinez12443

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think good teeth is crucial. Everyone agrees that a great smile is a deadly weapon for any DJ and its hard to have a great smile with pee colored chipped teeth. However, I agree fashion, grooming, weight, and confidence matter more, but teeth can def be a deal breaker.

02hero

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Good teeth are very important, especially if you happen to have a passion for toffee apples...:D

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
White Teeth can be a saver if you're messing up. The greater the smile, the greater your chances of for recovery!

TheEdgeOf

Banned
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but I've really gotta say this. You guys are f*cking retarded. Teeth are not important for sh*t. There's a reason that you guys believe that they are, it's because ithey're simple. All these DJ rules are complicated and take a lot of practice and understanding, but good teeth? Good teeth are straight forward. There is no complication to good teeth. You don't have to practice having good teeth until you get it right. It's simple. And that's why it's viewed as a necessity, when in fact it really isn't. It basically goes back to the age old argument of whether or not looks matter.

My teeth suck! I'm not afraid to admit it. it's true. And guess what? I have no problem pulling chicks. So don't preach to about all this superficial bullsh*t. Sh*t dude, I've been dirty, sweaty and smelly from playing sports one time and still I managed to pull a girl. I don't let these things affect me.

OzyBoy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My teeth are actually alright because i had braces when i was younger. Although i could get them whitened a bit because they are a bit off white but thats it and i would have pretty good teeth.

DirtSlam

Reaction score
verysuave said:
its always good to carry gum / mints around
I don't agree. i think chewing gum looks REALY unattractive and also leaves a horrible taste when the mintyness has woren off.

Much better to have an apple and drink lots of water

Smartone84

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
wow, this is a thread that I guess I have been waiting a long time for.

For YEARS I was insecure about my teeth. I enhanced my look to the best of my ability but those rather crooked and more towards the yellow shade color were always there. Bottom line, i just didnt have nice choppers. Over the last 2 years I began to take notice at just about EVERY SINGLE PERSON's teeth, and i realized that literally 75% of people have that beautiful white smile. Just about every single girl seemed to have at least a decent smile.

I did not have braces when i was a kid but as i grew older my teeth actually began to go apart. This became such a terrible problem for me that I looked into cosmetic work, braces, etc. I just couldnt go with the metal braces bc I would not subject myself to hiding from the world for what would probably be a good 2 years. It was just awful. I said to myself many many times, and this wasnt just bc it was all i thought about, but i truly believed a nice smile is hands down one of the most important things to have as far as you're look goes. I mean imagine meeting a beautiful woman, talking, but then she opens to smile and u see a nasty set of messed up teeth? yea, not good

I am 100% convinced that my bad teeth have played a good role in my woes over the years with girls.
3 girls in particular over the years (*****es), made mentions about my teeth. But it wasnt until I saved up some money that I finally did something. Now, I'm halfway through the "Invisilign" braces process that are straightening my teeth. Although not COMPLETELY invisible, I take them over metal ones ANYDAY. Come february when they are done, they are also going to shave the front ones down a bit(always were a bit long) and then bleach them. I am convinced I will be like a new man and I just know my confidence will shoot up insanely high.

ALSO, QUESTION: WHERE DOES IT SAY THAT WOMEN RANK TEETH AS THE NUMBER 1 DEAL BREAKER ON THIS SITE???

mtnkng

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well....Im pretty much a veteran when it comes to the dentist chair.

Braces....three times. The last time was at age 40....that was a setup for LaForte I procedure - cut the upper jaw and move whole carriage forward. Yum...that was fun. Jaw wired shut for 6 weeks (and dropped 30 lbs). Crowns....and finally a bridge on the front teeth.

So...money-wise, butt loads of cash. Probably at about 15K out of pocket, the surgery cost about 40-50 K, but insurance covered all but 1K. Nice.

Before you freak....this is all part and parcel for someone who's cleft affected - cleft palate, cleft lip. (Ears are f-ed up too, but I digress).

Yep....the ladies do comment on my smile. Its a winner.

But, I gotta say....there is something about fixing those things you can...and gaining some confidence in doing so. The change really was subtle, but not the effect.