Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How important are muscles to girls?

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by thecraftylefty
Point in case, having a great looking body will increase your rate of success. But only if you get opportunities to show it off.

Not really, I mean I would think girls get turned on when they can see your chest crease or your traps, shoulders etc taking form under your shirt. You do not necessarily have to have your shirt off if that is what you were implying.

miscombobulated2

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm like 6'2" and 140lbs. I'm underweight, but thats because I have an eating disorder and I really can't do much about it. The only thing I am confident about is that girls definently don't like thin guys - never had a date in my life.

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you anorexic or bullimic? You should definately seek treatment for that. Otherwise, you'll never be able to bulk up, because while you work out you need to be slightly 'fat', so your body has fuel to use.

miscombobulated2

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by jakethasnake
Are you anorexic or bullimic?
Anorexic. I just don't like to eat...

.. Especially in public since I couldn't eat a full dinner if I ordered one at a restatraunt. People will ask you why aren't you eating? etc. Plus, since I've not really eaten right for years and years, I feel physically uncomfortable from it. If I absolutely have to eat out with people and eat most of my dinner I don't eat for a long time before and after. (sometimes as much as 24 hrs before and after)

I can't deal with my stomach sticking out at all. My arms aren't very muscular so I just feel out of proportion. I'll go to the gym and do minor lifting and cardio just so I feel ok.

It really sucks. I eat enough to maintain the weight I'm at, but I can never eat enough to really gain muscle. I've sought help before, but generally you just get subscribed pills amd they encourage you to eat more - except that sooner or later I freak out because you feel so bloated since you aren't used to eating correctly. Its just an endless cycle.

Needless to say, it doesn't help with girls. But then, I never was successful with them (never even asked a girl out or had any kind of contact with anyont unsuccessful). So maybe some girls don't care - they just dislike me.

... but at least I'm not fat now. Thats about all I got going for me

bigforearms

Don Juan
Reaction score
Your eating disorder and your problem with girls might be related, but the girls aren't likely to be passing on you just because you're skinny. They might be related because you sound like you've got some mental issues to work out, and girl (and guys) can spot most mental people a mile away. It is not an endless cycle--there's no such thing. You either need to fix this yourself or get on medication and just suck it up until your brain and the medicine fix it.

miscombobulated2

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by bigforearms
Your eating disorder and your problem with girls might be related, but the girls aren't likely to be passing on you just because you're skinny. They might be related because you sound like you've got some mental issues to work out, and girl (and guys) can spot most mental people a mile away.
I act normal, its not an issue of being "mental". My problems are related and they feed into one another. Meeting women is not even a realistic goal to me. Saying hi to them is too muxh; for me there is no point. I know that I lack the confidence or whatever else they want and I know that there are a million other guys who don't. There's no contest.

It is not an endless cycle--there's no such thing.
There is. I haven't spent my entire adult life this way because I wanted to.

You either need to fix this yourself or get on medication and just suck it up until your brain and the medicine fix it.
The popualr "Just do it" brand of advice people like to give out is no good to people like me. That's one reason the word "disorder" is used. Its not a voluntary condition I can simply snap out of.

There is no advice you can offer. All I can try to do is cope with my problems, I've given up on anything else. Drugs only help you deal, there is no magic pill that makes everything ok if you take enough of it. You have to make massive changes that have an impact you probably can't understand - and thats just to eat 3 almost normal size meals a day. You can hack it or you can't.

I just read this board because I will never have the courage to go out and do any of things,

Anyways, all I am saying is that being skinny doesn't help.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Try Zinc, B-complex, & vitamin C, mis.

miscombobulated2, I've read that anorexia and low appetitie can be corrected by taking zinc supplements (about 50 mg per day, but not much more), along with B-complex vitamins -- especially B-6), and vitamin C.

Certainly won't hurt to have a go, but the results may not be as instant as taking a drug.

If you have a very light skin tone and avoid social contact in general, you fit the profile to a "T".

I know I'm much more outgoing when I maintain my zinc intake.

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Getting back to the subject...

If you dress all gothic, some women will find you attractive, if you are skinny as a lipstick, some women will find you extremely attractive for the fact that you are skinny.
If you are looking for a LTR, dont go for women who want sex with you just because you played your cards well and have a great body. But, if you are into ONS, etc, go for it.
But, yes, MOST girls prefer muscles.

I posted on something that applies to this, on What being a DJ brings . I hope it helps out.

thegame

Don Juan
Reaction score
First of all one has to remember I am 6’2’’, that is pretty tall to be weighing 150 pounds. Another thing I have a mesomorphic body type, this type of person have bodies that are receptive to heavy muscle gains with small amount of body fat. I am not saying that if you have ecotomophic or endomorphic body type one cannot put on muscle or have significant muscle gain.
Luckily, I had a great strength training coach who put me through power movement exercises that put on muscle fast…..Those power movements include; the squat (my favorite), bench, dead lift and shoulder press. On top of that I was eating a crap load of calories per day. I periodically read some of the articles in the fitness section of the web site and often there is some good articles about weight training and how to put on muscle. The articles I find most interesting is by Diesel, it seems that he has the same concept that I do on putting on muscle.

As far as taking steroids, I am not going to deny I have never taken them….But, believe it or not I have made better gains not taking them. You might have to work harder in the gym but it is possible to put tons of body weight and put up the big pounds on the bench or squat.

As far meeting women and helping attract women, weight lifting is a definite positive. Some women might say that a person my size is a freak and is not attractive. Right, that is like saying I find the Kate Moss look over the voluptuous Pam Anderson. Most women are intimidated my muscular men, because they have to work harder to keep them. You cannot curve 10,000 years of evolution, we all know women say one thing and mean another. Believe me when a woman says I think the muscular man is gross, but deep down in side they are desiring them. If you do not believe me look a male strippers, or the covers Romance Novels. Most of the men are pretty muscular.

Hopefully this shines some lite on the subject.
I hope this helps good luck to all.

Kodiac

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, i had a nice make out session - frenching + lots of hugging with this HB. She mentioned when i was speaking to her a few weeks later that she loved my body and my muscles..

Now, she never actually got to see them as i was clothed, but in her words "Theres other ways of knowing they r there without seeing them!" :p

I think it helps, im still skinnier than id like..but im in my ideal GMI range and feel healthy, rms and legs are ripped, 6 pack etc just have to work on my pecs but the bench press doesnt seem to be giving me the results like before.

DJ de Florida

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by thegame
First of all one has to remember I am 6’2’’, that is pretty tall to be weighing 150 pounds. Another thing I have a mesomorphic body type, this type of person have bodies that are receptive to heavy muscle gains with small amount of body fat. I am not saying that if you have ecotomophic or endomorphic body type one cannot put on muscle or have significant muscle gain.
Luckily, I had a great strength training coach who put me through power movement exercises that put on muscle fast…..Those power movements include; the squat (my favorite), bench, dead lift and shoulder press. On top of that I was eating a crap load of calories per day. I periodically read some of the articles in the fitness section of the web site and often there is some good articles about weight training and how to put on muscle. The articles I find most interesting is by Diesel, it seems that he has the same concept that I do on putting on muscle.
Yeah, the powerlifting movements do pack on the mass. Shyt, wish I was a 6'2" meso (I'm a 5'9" endo). I thought you might have an inside tip I haven't heard before.

p.s. Are you the guy that is the nurse? If so, are you still having problems with women accepting that?

Dee-Zy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
females wants to feel 'protected', 'secure'.

They misidentify(does that word exist?) muscles with that.

In my own experience, the girls that drolls over the giants are usually the ones with the lowest self esteem.

Just focus on being a man of action - not a statue.

I have been work'N out N I can tell u that it has its advantages but it's so minimal. U can do so much more with action and words then muscles.

ironicly...

Chaos-Knight

Don Juan
Reaction score
about this whole muscle issue,
I say a alittle is good,

But that is NOT a requirement for woman.

For the money you guys waste at gym
I get my workout from LIFE and WORK
my upper-arm strength is probably more then
normal for my skinnyness 5'9 135p
Grew up on a farm,alot of physical work.
and I like climbing (have since I was young)

Another thing - karate/taekwondo or kickboxing
is more of a protection then muscles
and IS worth the money unlike gym IMO.

Speed is my strength.
power comes from speed.

The main reason Im posting is to encourage
those who ARE NOT into gym to stop worrying,
If your other skills are good then muscles shouldn't
matter.and Id recommend martial arts before gym anyday.

Old age and Trechery overcomes youth and skill
hehehe....

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chaos-Knight
Grew up on a farm,alot of physical work.
and I like climbing (have since I was young)
My dad farmed years ago. Today he still does physical labor, but it obviously isn't nearly as intense as farming, cause he used to be pretty well built. Today he's packin a pretty good gut.

Recently went to visit his brother who is in his 50's and still runs a farm....I couldn't BELIEVE how freakin ripped he is! Damn, he's a grandpa several times over. Probably 8% b/f with a good little amount of mass.

davelmn2003

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I hope there is at least someone as skinny or skinnier than me on this site. I'm about 5'10 or 5'11 and I weight 125 lbs on a good day... :(

I told myself to eat more but like a gentleman who wrote earlier, I just don't have that desire to eat a lot. To be sure, when there is good food or when I'm hungry I can eat, and when eating out I always finish the dish, but I don't seem to gain weight, no matter what...

I'm thinking about eating some more junk food...? Perhaps more ice creams, cakes, and candies...but again, the problem is that I don't like that stuff in the first place (not a lot of it in any case)...

A pretty tall HB once compared heights with me on our second date. I was about an inch or 2 shorter and she is fine with that. Then she added that she doesn't like guys who's skinnier than she is.

I never had another date with her again.

The upside, I suppose, is that at least we got to go out at least twice and so not all hope is lost...

but still--that was the very first date in my life, and I haven't got any date since...

Also, I don't do exercise and I sleep very late (2 am is the normal time)...I don't like doing exercise either...I just don't have that drive.

Kodiac

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, i do boxing and gym, both once a week. Gives me a few days in between to (usually) allow my muscles to recove in time for the next work out.

Gym, makes me feel good..allows me to put all my energy to a good cause and i do have the muscles to show for it.

Boxing, gives me confidence, make new friends, and.. allows me to also have confidence in the fact that i know how to defend myself if need be - which is a must in the clubbing scene round here! ..and it also gives me a good work out, especially on the abs, arms and lower legs.

Love them both!

DJ de Florida

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by davelmn2003
I hope there is at least someone as skinny or skinnier than me on this site. I'm about 5'10 or 5'11 and I weight 125 lbs on a good day... :(

I told myself to eat more but like a gentleman who wrote earlier, I just don't have that desire to eat a lot. To be sure, when there is good food or when I'm hungry I can eat, and when eating out I always finish the dish, but I don't seem to gain weight, no matter what...

I'm thinking about eating some more junk food...? Perhaps more ice creams, cakes, and candies...but again, the problem is that I don't like that stuff in the first place (not a lot of it in any case)...
That is thin. As long as you are healthy and feel happy, then go with the flow. In order to stimulate lean weight gain, you need to lift. I bet you could get some great results spending less than three hours a week in the gym.

MysteryWoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I prefer men to be slim or skinny, if slim having bisceps is a bonus-but not essential. However being too muscular is a turn off, but then again it is not as bad as being fat.

Nicholas Hill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Check my most recent post in H&F... you don't need to pump iron 10 times a week for an hour at a time.

And get your own equipment and save tons of money! I recently attained a £40 ($70) weights set, bench, leggy thing, etc. In my experience that's all you need.

The most expensive part is your regular diet that will most probably have to change. Fish etc as opposed to fast food.

Ian1983

Don Juan
Reaction score
Muscles often give people too much confidence then they should have.
When BBers or power lifters decide to try and do a KB lesson (which they only do once at most, too much ego to be beaten down), they just make me laugh. Guys who can bench 140kg, but all they got is bulk, no speed.
You can be as big as you like to attract the ladies, but don't let it go to your head unless you know how to use it
btw-6-7%bf, 6,11" (I think), and 176lbs