"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

How important are foreign languages for getting into a good college?

BWSL2

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jun 2, 2002
Messages
356
Reaction score
0
Location
I don't know where I'm coming from
looks like I'm screwed a bit. I took Spanish 1 in 8th grade and Spanish 2 in 9th, but I'm not sure if either one counts as high school credit (where I went middle and high school were both three years.) Today was the last day to change classes and I didn't pick a language, although I almost took Japanese. Hmm, I might just take Demon's suggestion and go to a community college for the credit.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

Abbott

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 2, 2002
Messages
895
Reaction score
0
Location
St. Louis Area
It all depends.

I recently graduated high school so I do know a thing or two, since I did, after all, look at Universities a little under a year ago (first semester Senior year).

The big question is whether or not the University you want to attend requires you to have the foreign language for however many years.

But...it is true that the greater majority DO require two HS credits worth (or 6 credit hours according to the semester system if you take it at another University or Junior college)*.

And no matter how little you like it, DON'T wait until the last minute. I didn't take French I until SENIOR year, and I dropped it after the Fall because the teacher and young freshmen pissed me off. Then because I waited until the last minute, I had to take TWO art classes this summer to get into the University I wanted to go to. It SUCKED, and all because I waited until the last minute. So while my friends got to hang out in the nice weather (and it wasn't even that bad in terms of temperature), I was holed up inside of a musty classroom at the local Junior College.

My $.02,

Ben
 
Top