Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How far would you travel for a date?

R.U.G.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was speaking to some friends and they're now into O.L.D. They live in New York City, so when I go down there (I'm in Westchester), we get together. One lives in Queens the other two live in Brooklyn. To my amazement, they're seeing women in Rockland county and various counties in New Jersey. There is no quick way to get to any of these places from the city. You can take the subway to Grand Central, then the New Jersey Path train to Hoboken, Newark or Jersey City (et al), but then they need to either Uber it, get a cab or have her pick them up. With that said, most drive back and forth. I'm dumbfounded. As I date around Westchester, Bergen, Rockland, Orange and Dutchess Counties because they are within 25 minutes of where I live. I just think it's too long of a ride or too expensive to get down to the city for it to be worth it.

If you live in the city and need to get out of the city via car, it's easy 50+ plus in gas, tolls, parking, etc. That's not including the date and such. Am I looking at this wrong? If you do not hit it off on the first date, you just blew an easy 100 bucks. Maybe I am missing something. After all, I do not know everything.

In2theGame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was speaking to some friends and they're now into O.L.D. They live in New York City, so when I go down there (I'm in Westchester), we get together. One lives in Queens the other two live in Brooklyn. To my amazement, they're seeing women in Rockland county and various counties in New Jersey. There is no quick way to get to any of these places from the city. You can take the subway to Grand Central, then the New Jersey Path train to Hoboken, Newark or Jersey City (et al), but then they need to either Uber it, get a cab or have her pick them up. With that said, most drive back and forth. I'm dumbfounded. As I date around Westchester, Bergen, Rockland, Orange and Dutchess Counties because they are within 25 minutes of where I live. I just think it's too long of a ride or too expensive to get down to the city for it to be worth it.

If you live in the city and need to get out of the city via car, it's easy 50+ plus in gas, tolls, parking, etc. That's not including the date and such. Am I looking at this wrong? If you do not hit it off on the first date, you just blew an easy 100 bucks. Maybe I am missing something. After all, I do not know everything.
It could get expensive but I have all the Women come to Manhattan to meet me for dates. I've dated Women from Westchester, Long Island, Hoboken and Queens. They all like coming to the city anyways and towards the end of the night you can let them know that they dont have to go all the way back home, They should stay the night with you.

Women will travel planets if you play it right. The hottest chick I was fvcking regularly was driving down 2 hours from Westchester to Manhattan to meet up.

R.U.G.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It could get expensive but I have all the Women come to Manhattan to meet me for dates. I've dated Women from Westchester, Long Island, Hoboken and Queens. They all like coming to the city anyways and towards the end of the night you can let them know that they dont have to go all the way back home, They should stay the night with you.

Women will travel planets if you play it right. The hottest chick I was fvcking regularly was driving down 2 hours from Westchester to Manhattan to meet up.
No doubt, but I am talking reverse. They live in the city, and they are traveling to the surrounding areas. The women seem not to want to meet them nor pay for the access into the city. These women I guess are late 20's - early 40's. I'll be honest, when women contact me from the city, I just ignore them as I find it's a waste of money. If you're not getting it in until the second or third date, then you're at least out 200 bucks for some pus. Seems expensive to me.

In2theGame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No doubt, but I am talking reverse. They live in the city, and they are traveling to the surrounding areas. The women seem not to want to meet them nor pay for the access into the city. These women I guess are late 20's - early 40's. I'll be honest, when women contact me from the city, I just ignore them as I find it's a waste of money. If you're not getting it in until the second or third date, then you're at least out 200 bucks for some pus. Seems expensive to me.
Oh so if you are coming down then yeah, it can be a hike with gas, tolls and time. It's really up to you if you want to travel down for a first date and if you think it's worth it. Is it a girl you think is really hot and def want to meet up then do it but if its a chick you think aint all that then no lol dont bother. Everyone comes to Manhattan to meet up anyway so if your friends are around then you can meet up at a bar if the date doesnt work out and meet more girls.

R.U.G.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh so if you are coming down then yeah, it can be a hike with gas, tolls and time. It's really up to you if you want to travel down for a first date and if you think it's worth it. Is it a girl you think is really hot and def want to meet up then do it but if its a chick you think aint all that then no lol dont bother. Everyone comes to Manhattan to meet up anyway so if your friends are around then you can meet up at a bar if the date doesnt work out and meet more girls.
I don't know I could do it. It's just such a huge investment that may or may not pay off. I don't know how these guys do it. I was just curious if others on the forum do something similar.

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
More and more I've been meeting middle aged men (40-60) who are very desperate. They will do anything to date or better yet (in their mind), get married again.

I will paraphrase Rollo: Marriage and even LTRs are a Female Imperative. These are NOT masculine qualities that we are pre-wired per our DNA to follow or pursue.

One client of mine has been flying to NYC from Colorado twice a month to see a woman he's known for a short amount of time. Despite my friendly advice and warnings, he's completely deaf to my advice.

I know men who have been married multiple times, paying multiple women child support and/or alimony and/or have 6-8 kids to support. I ask them why they keep getting married. The most common answer is "I like being a husband." I just CAN'T get my head around this. To me, it's a baseball-sized Blue Pill. Other men, turn into love sick puppy dogs at the first sign of female interest (my aforementioned client) and start focusing all their time on the woman. Sure, this can work out, maybe 1-3% of the time. Not the kind of odds I would bet my life on which is what you're doing because we all have a finite amount of time on Earth. So, use your time wisely.

Ok, I'm a very confident man and I realize not all men are. BUT, at some point, you need to look in the mirror and focus on #1--YOU. If you have kids, crushing debt, and a nagging wife, well bud, my heart goes out to you. Your delusion of a Disney-like life with all the benefits just doesn't exist. Maybe in your next life you'll make better decisions and focus on YOU, not what everyone else wants or worse yet, what society expects you to do--mind as well drink a glass of hemlock. Sure, you or anyone can have a fulfilling relationship, just keep YOU as the primary principal in the partnership.

So, @R.U.G., to answer your question, desperation and fear of being alone drive many men to do stupid things. If they would just work on themselves and develop higher levels of confidence and purpose, they would be in the upper 3% of all males, immune to female BS, and laser-focused on their life's purposes which is what we were put on the planet to accomplish.

Ciao,
~Dash

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Never make a woman the first reason why you do anything.

That's my rule, and I've had to learn and create it the hard way. What solidified it for me is when I did exactly what you say, travelling to see a woman. Never again. You could go into explaining why the more you invest in a woman the more you turn her off, but the bottom line is don't do it, because it's gambling your time and money in someone else's hands. When you pay 0$ to see a woman who lives near you, and it doesn't work out, it's water off a duck's back. But when you break this rule and do something really stupid like paying money and time to see her, the more the worse, and then she burns you... trust me. You won't be pissed at her, or sorry over her, you'll just be regretting that you put your time and money into someone else's hands and gave control over your life away.

Don't pay for something you wouldn't have paid if it wasn't for a woman. Don't do something you wouldn't have wanted to do if it wasn't for a woman. Don't give a woman control over your time or money.

Mazer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If your friends aren’t dating/pulling women from OLD in NYC then there is something seriously wrong with them. I am in Jersey and the amount of women I pull from NYC is ten-fold and a lot hotter.

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It depends. I am in the bay area, so a 10 mile drive could be 45 minutes. I usually try to keep it within a 30 minute drive, unless it's on my path to work, she seems like someone I wanted to hang out with, or she is in San Francisco. Always looking for a reason to go there!

Usually setup dates for somewhere in the middle which could be 10-30 minutes from me.

R.U.G.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If your friends aren’t dating/pulling women from OLD in NYC then there is something seriously wrong with them. I am in Jersey and the amount of women I pull from NYC is ten-fold and a lot hotter.
Not sure. Maybe they wanted something different. Who knows. How are you traveling into NYC? The path?

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rather just play with yourself then? :'p
LOL!!!! Only as a last resort. Really I don't even try to date women unless they are within 30 minute drive. One I date now, lives about an hour away, and she always comes to me, since there really is nothing to do out where she lives.

RedScorpion

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I’d say around 20 to 30 min travel time max is decent. If it starts getting further than that, it gets beyond the convenience factor for most people, and more into a planned trip every time you want to see each other. But some people make it work, and do manage to push past the distance limitation. Even much further. I have seen it on a few occasions, which is interesting to say the least.