Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How easy is it to combine cardio and TV?

Matt Rogers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm very lazy about doing cardio. Love doing weights. But always finding an excuse to skip my morning jog and any longer than twenty minutes and im bored out of my mind even with the best music etc.

I watch a lot of TV so it occurred to me that if I got a spin bike or something and parked it in front of the TV I'd be more likely to work out.

But being a man I'm worried if I will be able to do two things at once! IE keep up a decent intensity of workout while also following a TV show or movie.

Anyone else managed to do this with some success?

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
High-intensity cardio is better suited to short attention spans, because your body will give out before you get bored. As long as you warmed up and stretched first, and stayed somewhat warmed-up during the tv show, I think it would be more fun to sprint on the bike like a madman, but just during the commercials. While the show is on, either stretch more or move a little to stay warm.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not too hard to combine low intensity cardio with entertainment ...

ipod is the usual.

Maybe try a 45 minute incline brisk walk on a treadmill, and have a laptop there. A lot of the 1hr television shows are actually between 42-45 minutes without commercials, so that's about right for 45 minutes of brisk walking ...

Zunder

Banned
Reaction score
Matt Rogers said:
I'm very lazy about doing cardio. Love doing weights. But always finding an excuse to skip my morning jog and any longer than twenty minutes and im bored out of my mind even with the best music etc.

I watch a lot of TV so it occurred to me that if I got a spin bike or something and parked it in front of the TV I'd be more likely to work out.

But being a man I'm worried if I will be able to do two things at once! IE keep up a decent intensity of workout while also following a TV show or movie.

Anyone else managed to do this with some success?
Cardio and Tv is GHEY.

Get an ipod or put on your stereo. Thats acceptable. TV is not.

Zodiac

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Zunder said:
Cardio and Tv is GHEY.

Get an ipod or put on your stereo. Thats acceptable. TV is not.
I will watch Tv and use my stationary bike to exercise during the a Tv show or two. Its not hard if you have something to distract yourself with.

Ever been to a Planet Fitness? They tend to have Tvs you can watch while working out on a treadmill, fitness bike or stair-stepper and then have music playing while you do the other machines.

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zodiac said:
I will watch Tv and use my stationary bike to exercise during the a Tv show or two. Its not hard if you have something to distract yourself with.

Ever been to a Planet Fitness? They tend to have Tvs you can watch while working out on a treadmill, fitness bike or stair-stepper and then have music playing while you do the other machines.
I saw something like this at my university gym...

I know some Korean girls who watch Korean dramas, and they bring their laptop loaded with the show and they go on the bicycle machine, just cycling and watching for a good 30 minutes lol.

Zunder

Banned
Reaction score
Put your TV on a music channel if you must - but no guy watches a TV drama or whatever while he is working out - ever.

kentgraham10

Don Juan
Reaction score
Zunder said:
Put your TV on a music channel if you must - but no guy watches a TV drama or whatever while he is working out - ever.
This summer I watched Friends reruns while I did cardio

Zunder

Banned
Reaction score
kentgraham10 said:
This summer I watched Friends reruns while I did cardio
Happy to say I have NEVER watched an episode of that Friends crap in my life.

Zodiac

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ArcBound said:
I saw something like this at my university gym...
They tend to gear it to women that only work out half intense or very groggily. I love watching a Tv show or something else while working out because when I not focusing on running if I have to push myself through a moment or two of my side hurting before I get to that plateau of bliss takes over, having something to focus on helps immensely at least to me.

Zunder said:
Its usually when I watch my News. Helps me catch up after work or before work on the events around the world. Got to do something while I run for 3-4 miles or bike 25 miles.

tyciol

Don Juan
Reaction score
You could stand and do squats while watching TV, could be quieter than a treadmill.