Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How does a TA get with chicks (after the semester's over)?

BGMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Note: I already posted this in the main forum, but I'm hoping that some of y'all "mature men" will be able to offer your perspective!

I'm a TA (teaching assistant) in a chemistry lab, for two different sessions, and (surprise!) about 70% of the students are girls! Anyway, when I'm in the mood I have been doing the C&F thing with lots of different girls and having a jolly time (they are too), and I suspect that at least a few would like to get with me.

In the Monday lab, there aren't so many hotties but I also get the run of not only my group but the girls in the neighboring group whose TA is a Chinese girl who doesn't speak English too well. There are more cute ones in the Friday lab.

BUT, since we TAs are not supposed to date students (for obvious reasons), I don't know how to do it. However, I know it's not unusual for a girl to date a TA after the semester is over and he's no longer her TA -- in fact, one of the other TAs said she dated three of her former TAs when she was an undergrad, and another prospective grad student a few months ago told me her BF was a former TA.

NEXT WEEK is the LAST week of lab, in which all the students check out. So in other words, it all boils down to next week. How would you guys deal with this? Should I just passively hope that some of them decide to, for instance, give me a Christmas card with their # in it, or what? Should I ask for their #s anyway? Also, I have the e-mails of the students in MY groups, and they have mine, but I have pretty much decided that I'm not to use those in THAT way.

Also, I'll apparently be a TA again in the spring for different sections. I think this is a great opportunity, so if you older guys could help me, that would be great!

BGMan

BGMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Shouldn't be an ethical dilemma if I'm talking about AFTER the semester is over, since I'll no longer be their TA.

BGMan

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't really see any problem other than you might be holding yourself back out of fear.

The way I see it...

If there is no ethical dilemma once the semester ends, then wait till then and ask the ones you are interested for phone #'s.

Don't use their emails, don't wait for xmas cards that probably won't come, don't look to us for answers you already know.

Just ask man! :)

Big Pappy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not supposed to date the students? Never listen to such rubbish.

Have you ever known any TA to ever get canned for dating a student?

You're in a high profile situation with a bunch of girls. Some of them may have an interest in knowing their grades before the report cards post. (subtle hint)

If it were me, I'd let them all know that I planned to blow off some steam at a local watering hole with textbook money. (obvious hint)

An interested girl will express some initiative and meet you out.

Some girls are crazy about "smart" guys. You can take full advantage of these chicks because they transfer a level of integrity to you whether you possess it or not.

Eileen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh NICE Big Pappy! NOT. (Although there is a lot of truth to that.)

I have two TA's work for me every semester. I normally end up with males because I find them easier to deal with. None of my TA's has ever waited till the end of the semester to hit on one of their students. Unless they are throwing it out there where everyone can see it, I turn my head and let them go. (I always know though ... )

In other words, I don't think it's as big a deal as you think it is. If you're full professor, it would be a problem, but as a TA you're so temporary that's it's not a big deal.

(Take this with a grain of salt. I do know professors who will throw fits when they find their TA’s playing around. Of course, I also know full professors who have married students the day after graduation.)

LuvMyArmyMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Chico, CA during school, and Irivine off-school
OOOHH thats a toughie. Hehe i'm an undergrad and my friend and I have a crush on our TA for a lab too! She wants him so bad. But if i were you, i would ask a girl after she leaves class if she'd want to go out. When you dismiss your class you could ask her to stay behind to discuss her grade and then make your move. Its always been a fantasy of mine to screw a TA or a professor.....too bad that isnt gonna happen :(

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i date students all the time. then again, i teach executive management and they're all 25-40 crowd. i never initiate and a i never do this while they are in the course, even though i could easily 'abuse' it AND get away with it.

they must wait until the course is over. period. i have been "offered things" time and again, blatantly, for a better grade, or because it's a fantasy fukking the professor. proud to say i have never once taken them up on the offer. every single course, there is at least one hottie who's sweet on me, you know, like LuvMyArmyMan (lol). i get no-panty beeever (why do they edit, beever?) shots (sharon stone style, IN CLASS!). i get titty shots after class with them leaning over right in front of me. i get heavy flirting. i get stupid emails from chicks, asking me questions that they already know the answer to. i get chicks following me out to the parking lot, chit chatting. i get chicks offering to pick up a coffee for me at the break.

I LOVE IT! I'M AN ATTENTION HO!

seriously, at first i thought it was really cool. but now, it's kind of annoying and a tad bit distasteful a lot of times.

as a lowly TA (haha), i see no problem as long as you 1) are not aggressive, and 2) as long as you wait till the course is over.

however, if something goes awry with a particular girl, or u get a psycho on your hands, SHE COULD CRUSH YOU, with a mere allegation.

what's more important? chicks or career? you decide. if you are not pursuing a career in academia, then you can leave whatever reputation you might have, good or bad, behind you.

LucidDreamer

Don Juan
Reaction score
My ex's graduate professor asked her out when classes finished (via email), now they're married.

I was actually w/ her at the time they started dating and to see this happen so quickly (zero to married in 6 months) was somehwhat devastating.

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by LucidDreamer
My ex's graduate professor asked her out when classes finished (via email), now they're married.

I was actually w/ her at the time they started dating and to see this happen so quickly (zero to married in 6 months) was somehwhat devastating.
that totally sukks dude.

chicks dig 30 something professors, there is no doubt about it.

just a side note that i read somewhere that partially explains it...the most respected occupation is fireman. the second is university professor. last is car salesman. second to last is ATTORNEYS!

i think this was on Match.com a while back, a user survey.

plus because of it, i have well over 5,000 hours in front of large audiences. sometimes up to 1,000 people. chicks dig the confidence to pull that off. sometimes i can see them creaming their panties.

Poser_Supreme, u still got that blue ribbon of yours from toastmasters?

allan976

Don Juan
Reaction score
How about trying the C & F routine on undergradute women (or graduate women for that matter) at your campus who happen not to be in your classes or have not taken your classes. That way, you avoid the possible penalty of losing your job. There must be thousands of coeds you can work your game on, not only at your particular campus, but at neighboring campuses in addition. I've also worked in a classroom setting, and I felt that regardless of a young woman's interest, I felt like I would have been using my teaching position as a crutch or exploiting the position somehow. If you've got game, you've got game, forget the classrooom so you don't have to worry about the consequences.

There's no reason not to mention your position as a teaching assistant; if women are into that, then they're into that; but do yourself a favor and catch a break by impressing the ladies who have not taken or are taking a class with you. I don't feel the stress or drama is worth it, especially given your access to so many coeds on campus in a non work setting.

bud1971

Don Juan
Reaction score
You should no doubt go forth with this, you have an unlimited supply of young chicks to go fishing in. No matter how old you get they will stay the same age.....very cool.

This is easy to solve BTW...just think of some issue with classes that they may need to contact you for after the semester is over. For instance you could say" If anyone has any questions about the final, or feels that they may have been graded incorrectly in this class I have left my number on handout A" , say it real non-chalant, no eye contact, and hand one to everyone in the room. Problem solved, the beautiful thing is that you aren't cold calling, every chick that calls you will be interested.

BGMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LucidDreamer:
Oof... that sucks.

Originally posted by TooColdUlrick
i date students all the time. then again, i teach executive management and they're all 25-40 crowd. i never initiate and a i never do this while they are in the course, even though i could easily 'abuse' it AND get away with it.

they must wait until the course is over. period. i have been "offered things" time and again, blatantly, for a better grade, or because it's a fantasy fukking the professor. proud to say i have never once taken them up on the offer. every single course, there is at least one hottie who's sweet on me, you know, like LuvMyArmyMan (lol). i get no-panty beeever (why do they edit, beever?) shots (sharon stone style, IN CLASS!). i get titty shots after class with them leaning over right in front of me. i get heavy flirting. i get stupid emails from chicks, asking me questions that they already know the answer to. i get chicks following me out to the parking lot, chit chatting. i get chicks offering to pick up a coffee for me at the break.

I LOVE IT! I'M AN ATTENTION HO!
Well, like I said, I have all their e-mails. And I have always been leery of girls who make the first move. I like girls who "hint" to me much better.

LOL, asking you stupid questions... you got that right. Also, in one case, I'd swear that a certain girl K.J. made a stupid mistake on purpose -- leaving her name off the lab report. Reason I say this is her lab partner K.F. did it last time; but I'm sure K.F.'s was a real accident since she has a BF. Of course, I held tough and only gave her credit when the authorities said it was okay. Then, two weeks ago out of the blue she asked me if I knew this one TA "Sara"? I said, "you mean Sara Gutknecht?" [not real name], she got really flustered since S.G.'s last name sounds really funky and she didn't know if I was trying to say something in English (LOL). I'm sure she likes me, but she's obviously quite shy.

Also, a Somali girl in the section with the Chinese TA, asked me at the beginning if I was available for helping her since I could speak English much better. Monday, I e-mailed her and said that I'd be tutoring today if she wanted help on the final. Funny thing is, she actually came. Didn't get much C&F in though... by C&F generator in my brain was apparently on vacation.

Originally posted by allan976
How about trying the C & F routine on undergradute women (or graduate women for that matter) at your campus who happen not to be in your classes or have not taken your classes.
Doin' that. Got four #s last week; two had BFs, one was a fake #, and one was a "try again" situation. This week, I got the # of a different girl A.C. in the Chinese TA's section.

Originally posted by bud1971
This is easy to solve BTW...just think of some issue with classes that they may need to contact you for after the semester is over. For instance you could say" If anyone has any questions about the final, or feels that they may have been graded incorrectly in this class I have left my number on handout A" , say it real non-chalant, no eye contact, and hand one to everyone in the room. Problem solved, the beautiful thing is that you aren't cold calling, every chick that calls you will be interested.
Haha, I've exploited this too -- in a different way. The two girls K.F. and K.J. did their reports in such a way that I had to take quite a large number of points off. When I returned their reports K.F. was rather irate and K.J. had to leave because she felt sick. (hehe) I told them (K.F. directly, K.J. by e-mail) to come with me to see the woman in charge... they were both early, though. I noticed that K.J. couldn't look at me and was acting rather smiley-shy and afterwards was telling K.F. and me about her belly-dancing class. WTF?

Anyway, let's see what the Friday group ends up indicating to me. :D

...Also, I have just learned that for the spring semester I'll be TAing for an upper-division (senior-level) course. D'OH!!!

BGMan

CEF

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was a TA for first year comp sci back in university. Lots of arts students since they had the class as a req. I sorely regret not hitting on the girls in my labs. Please do not repeat my mistakes. :)

I agree with Ulrick to keep it very light till the class is over as you dont want her ruining your rep with the school if she turns out to be crazy.