Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How does a TA get with chicks (after the semester's over)?

BGMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay, fellas, here's the scoop.

I'm a TA (teaching assistant) in a chemistry lab, for two different sessions, and (surprise!) about 70% of the students are girls! Anyway, when I'm in the mood I have been doing the C&F thing with lots of different girls and having a jolly time (they are too), and I suspect that at least a few would like to get with me.

In the Monday lab, there aren't so many hotties but I also get the run of not only my group but the girls in the neighboring group whose TA is a Chinese girl who doesn't speak English too well. There are more cute ones in the Friday lab.

BUT, since we TAs are not supposed to date students (for obvious reasons), I don't know how to do it. However, I know it's not unusual for a girl to date a TA after the semester is over and he's no longer her TA -- in fact, one of the other TAs said she dated three of her former TAs when she was an undergrad, and another prospective grad student a few months ago told me her BF was a former TA.

NEXT WEEK is the LAST week of lab, in which all the students check out. So in other words, it all boils down to next week. How would you guys deal with this? Should I just passively hope that some of them decide to, for instance, give me a Christmas card with their # in it, or what? Should I ask for their #s anyway? Also, I have the e-mails of the students in MY groups, and they have mine, but I have pretty much decided that I'm not to use those in THAT way.

Also, I'll apparently be a TA again in the spring for different sections. I think this is a great opportunity, so if you older guys could help me, that would be great!

BGMan

Barbillus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have known girls who have dated their TA. And they all told me they didnt start going out with them till after the class was over.

Its a stick situation b/c you could get in a lot of trouble with the university if you got caught trying to date them beforehand.

So I would recommend two approaches.

1) Just get the number of the girl(s) you are itnerested in on the last day of class

or

2) DUring the last day of class, go around the room and talk to each of the students and say something like "hey well have a good holiday.. you better come stop by my office and say hi after break." or something like that and of course you only say this to the cute ones.
The ones with high interest will stop by after semester break and you can get their number then and proceed to ask them out.

smoke city

Don Juan
Reaction score
I definitely don't recommend doing what the last guy said--
telling only the cute girls to "stop by" will get you lots of attention, which leads to a reputation, which will get back to your department VERY quickly. That you don't want.
The rule I go by is that I NEVER use ANY course-related time (in class, office hrs, etc.) to do that stuff. Also I don't even consider my current students (male or female) to be FRIENDS.

In my experience, the women who liked me and are available usually send me some kind of email at the end of the term.
There's a good chance she'll do this if she's interested...if not, maybe you can try to email her...email is the most common and public form of communication at a university--so really it's the most appropriate choice.

BGMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First of all... I don't need the lecturing about how it's dangerous to date students. I'm fully aware of that.:eek:

But thanks you guys, for your input. Anybody else have any ideas? Trying to get some more perspectives...

BGMan