Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How Do You Usually Look At Other Men?

DinoCassanova

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright, an odd-sounding title to this thread.......so mock if you will. But, I wanted to bring this up. Observing the "social dynamics" , so to speak, at a club I was in this past Sat.night in downtown Chi-town, I was wondering how most guys view most other guys. Particularly in these types of situations. I figure you could view them pretty much one of three ways. Either they're nothing, merely your competition, and you therefore must work hard and do whatever it takes to get ahead of them and best them in this social marketplace. Or they could be viewed as potential 'allies', at least allies of convenience. Fellow men, all out looking (for the most part at least) for the same exact thing. That's kind of the "manly brotherhood" theory. Or you could view them in a completely neutral manner. That is , they're not much more than props standing around, not much more significant to you and your mission than the bar stools are.

Personally, I tend to lean closer to the first viewpoint. The socially Darwinist and brutally competitive viewpoint. With the exception of this message board, which has incidentally been the FIRST place (other than with my few really close friends) where I have felt some sense of genuine male bonding and some sense of at least the possibility of cameraderie regarding the hunt for p^$$y, I generally tend to view all strange (that is, unknown to me) males as outsiders, potential interlopers, potential c*ckblockers, and therefore, in short, my competition. Possibly even my (undeclared) enemies. They are to be neither trusted in any way, nor "befriended" (even if it's falsely befriended; no need to "make nice-nice" with the enemy). Nor are they to be in any way pitied after I take the female that they had their eyes on. And if or when I fail / have failed, I have always generally expected, from males who are strangers to me at least, the same exact attitude and treatment in turn. That's one of the reasons I hate when boxers "hug" after beating the hell out of each other. I'd like to see an arena like ancient Rome. At least they were more honest about doing what they wanted to do to one another.

Generally speaking, excluding the obvious like my father and/or grandfather and a few close male relatives ( I have no brothers but a few close cousins) , and my own small circle of close long-time male friends , I distrust and am even a bit standoffish at first towards all other males. Some of these guys I see at the clubs, I'd just as soon assist one of my friends, someone who I know is a true "ally" of mine , in giving him a baseball bat beating and leaving him in a back alley somewhere as I would trying to act all "buddy-buddy" with him in any way shape or form. If they have a personality that "disarms" me and/or seems to "click" with mine then I usually start to lighten up a bit, but otherwise why shouldn't I be standoffish at first?? Men are extraordinarily cruel beasts, or at least most definitely have the capacity to be at least. Leave the stuff you hear in church on Sunday there (if you even bother to go to any kind of church; I do not) , because the real world is cold as hell and a man usually won't give another man a break for anything , unless he's getting something out of it in return. Therefore you have to always be on your guard , at least a little bit, around men you don't know, always ready to defend yourself by hurting them badly and QUICKLY if necessary (basically, forget "martial arts", you use whatever heavy blunt or deadly object you can get your hands on to do the job). Because, if they had their chance, alot of them would hurt you too, the same way or even worse. Furthermore, what do guys really have to gain by befriending other guys who they don't already know, especially in a socially competitive situation?? I'm always suspicious of "friendly" males whom I do not know in a club or bar-type setting. To quote rapper IceCube once again, as I did in my "signature", "Women you can ride, but a man be a man." And it's about that simple really. What do I personally have to gain, and what does he have to gain, by our "befriending" one another?? Ultimately, unless he's old or clearly out of the game and therefore no threat to me or my genetic success, he and I are unspoken rivals, locked in (again, unspoken) bitter competition all the time. Competing for the same exact precious and vital resources.

"Every woman, a potential source of love, comfort, solace. Every man, a rival." That tends to be my (general) outlook on it, and it is only amplified even more so when I'm in a club or bar-type setting where the testosterone levels are running higher than normal. What tends to be your general outlook(s) on "the competition" when you go to places like clubs, etc, or even just out in the world in general? Is mine "abnormal" , too "harsh", do you think? ( I probably won't change it even if you think it is; I'm just curious).

~Dino~ ;)

BxPrince24

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll say a guy looks cool, cool to me is the overall look/clothing/style. That's about it, I think that's the only thing that I say about a few guys. For instance, Tommy, the original Green Power Ranger, that was a cool guy.

I don't think that it's gay unless you're judging them for your liking. Still, I don't judge whether a guy is cute or not cause that's just... gay. But if you're comfortable with your sexuality then it should be no problem.

And no I didn't take the 30 minutes it woulda took me to read you post and read it.

DinoCassanova

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Still, I don't judge whether a guy is cute or not cause that's just... gay.

>>> You're right. If you find yourself honestly judging whether a guy is "cute or not" , you might want to ask yourself if you want to be in THIS bar / club you're in, or up north at the "Manhole" . :eek:

librito

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
hey man, Im not gay but I realise when other guys are pulling women like crazy without an effort and Im trying my best and cant be their equal or not even close to that. I know a couple of guys like that who frequent the same clubs as I do.
they are what I consider good looking guys and I have realised they have the edge because I dont think they have half the game I do but they are good looking guys who are pulling women like a caterpillar truck.
Im someone who knows the game a bit but I have lot to learn. Im not a good looking guy either, Im a 5 out of ten but I can get a girl who's 8 most times.
anyway, its not a big deal.
if I wasnt a DJ I would be getting women who are 6 and lucky 7 sometimes.
but like I said, Ill learn and make my game better.
in conclusion,
good looking guys dont have to work as hard as we do to seduce women.
but its alright, at least we know how we are pulling women.

Triple X

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think that it's gay unless you're judging them for your liking. Still, I don't judge whether a guy is cute or not cause that's just... gay. But if you're comfortable with your sexuality then it should be no problem.

And no I didn't take the 30 minutes it woulda took me to read you post and read it. [/B]
Huh? You clearly didnt read it at all, did you?!

So why respond to a post you haven't read?!

:confused:

Strange... anyways I tend to agree with you Dino... I have no interest in meeting other men socially to make 'friends'... like if someone introduces me to another man when women are around all I usually think is 'is he competition?' and if so, I put my guard up so to speak.

I tend not to be interested in meeting other guys in situations like clubs/bars etc... I just put on a friendly 'nice to meet you' face whilst really thinking 'couldn't give a f***'.. and I'm sure they're thinking the same thing.

But its similar with girls though.. if someone introduces me to a girl I'm not thinking 'I hope we become friends'.. I'm thinking 'Is she f*ckable?! Can I get in her pants?'

There's always underlying thoughts and meanings to everything. Its just natural I guess.

Sonic

Don Juan
Reaction score
As an aFc, during super AFC days, I looked at em as threats/high end competition. When i felt good about myself and was getting better at being a natural Playboy/Don Juan (which was not to long ago even though I lost most of that edge now and will get back once I get through BC)..I looked at guys as either clones/robots or possbily an interesting character.

Sapiens

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, you got some major issues. Therapy at 2:30 huh?

But seriously, you gotta keep your eyes opened for everything that is going on around you. If I see a dude that has game, I check him out to see how he plays it.

I have seen dudes with lots of initial pick up power, yet failed to close the deal. I don't see them as an enemy or competition in this intance since there are enough resources (chicks) to go around.

I met a few dudes that shared their knowledge of the game with me, just because i was humble enough to introduce myself. Of couse, there are asses that are so insecure that will not want to meet you cause they think you will take their opportunities, those are the insecure fvcks.

But I think I have a clue what you were talking about.

:crackup:

Mikers

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah you sound a bit insecure man, but thats just judging from ur post.

Me personally, i see guys as neutral, i always like meeting new people but i know, esp. in a club environment your all there for a shag, so why waste time with manly chit chat as it were. But if i happen to bump into a decent guy im not guna just shrug the sodd off but if he's directly ****blocking then you get the competitive edge happening. Go with the flow..

Ultimately it shouldn't matter, theres so many chicks around why waste your efforts and aggression on one girl. I hope your not one of those paranoid conspiracy theorists ;)

DinoCassanova

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah you sound a bit insecure man, but thats just judging from ur post.

>>> I agree. It's interesting how when you put something in writing and read it later you can often look at yourself from a more objective viewpoint later when you read it. Overall, I don't like the way I sound in that post. I would like to work on that, to improve myself, my "inner game" as they call it. It has to be an insecurity issue, which is probably deep-seated. I'm not saying the way I feel is necessarily the "right" way. Personally I think the way you feel , that is, the "neutral" outlook , is probably much closer to "normal" so to speak. What I should do , I realize, is work on those deep-seated "security" issues and then those kinds of feelings will likely go away. ~Dino

Last edited:

guitaronfire411

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't give a damn what other guys look like. Anything else is unacceptable in my books.