Why "Whatever You Want" Keeps You Single

She says the movie looks dumb; you suddenly agree. She tests you with a little attitude; you apologize for nothing.

You think you're being easy to get along with. She reads something else entirely: a man with no edges. Nothing to hold on to. No friction, no tension, no reason to wonder what he really thinks.

The "22 Rules" taught me to push back — playfully, calmly, without needing her approval. Strange things happened after that.

Read more...

How do you reject women?

Dee-Zy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 15, 2000
Messages
2,582
Reaction score
5
Age
42
Location
Montreal
I got a few problems with some chicks that are interested in me - but I'm not in them. How do you guys handle it?

Once, I told her straight up and opened up completely about it. She denied she was interested, which was bull cuz she tried to kiss me numerous times and was somehow always ending up between my legs :rolleyes:

Anyways, these girls are nice half the time, but I am just NOT interested and I get really uncomfortable around them cuz I don't want to lead them on. They keep asking me out or 'suggest to go places'.

any suggestions?

It's like I can't even use them for social proofs cuz they cling too much. I can't get into conversations with other ppl.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Don_Marko

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 23, 2004
Messages
352
Reaction score
1
Location
Ontario
hit & run
 

DJUofS

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 10, 2004
Messages
201
Reaction score
0
I usually treat them like **** if they are that persistant. There is this one girl that I work with who is absolutely terrible looking. Her personality doesn't even make her any better she is that bad.

Anyway, everyday I work with her she asks me out on dates. Instead of nicely saying "no thanks" or making up an excuse, I put it in the meanest possible fashion. Generally somewhere along the lines of "why would I want to go out with you? I can't stand you!" I tried all the nice responses before, but when they get that persistant it's time to stop worrying about their feelings.
 

Dee-Zy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 15, 2000
Messages
2,582
Reaction score
5
Age
42
Location
Montreal
Originally posted by DJUofS
I usually treat them like **** if they are that persistant. There is this one girl that I work with who is absolutely terrible looking. Her personality doesn't even make her any better she is that bad.

Anyway, everyday I work with her she asks me out on dates. Instead of nicely saying "no thanks" or making up an excuse, I put it in the meanest possible fashion. Generally somewhere along the lines of "why would I want to go out with you? I can't stand you!" I tried all the nice responses before, but when they get that persistant it's time to stop worrying about their feelings.
Damn, I don't know if I can do something like that ... I guess desperate situations calls for desperate measures ... but it's not like I hate these girls - I just want to be friends.
 

Caveman

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 22, 2001
Messages
694
Reaction score
2
Location
NL
LOL

Yeah, this is what we wanna hear :D

I've been having the same problem and still don't quite know how to handle. Rejecting is not as good as it appeared to be in the woman-hating-days ;)

The only thing that kinda works for me is telling them that I like them but that I don't have any feelings for them.
The crazy thing about that though, is that they reply stuff like:
But we could hang out and all, and in time you might feel different about me :rolleyes:
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 27, 2004
Messages
2,077
Reaction score
4
Location
UK
if you ignore a girl and then sometimes give her attention she will like you even more, you are a chalange, but if you totaly ignore her and show her not attention at all ever then she will not be chasing you for much longer

hope iv been a help
 

Don_Marko

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 23, 2004
Messages
352
Reaction score
1
Location
Ontario
seriously if you wanna reject them just go AFC on them and watch how fast they run... there was a fingerz post back in the day where he told the chick that he loves her and wants to spend the rest of his life with her... The girl ran away so fast, cartoon-styles that all you see is the smoke in place of her image :D
 

Dee-Zy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 15, 2000
Messages
2,582
Reaction score
5
Age
42
Location
Montreal
I don't think you guys get it ... or maybe the title is misleading.


I'm saying, how do you reject women - not repell. For the persistant ones, yeah - I guess I can ignore them ... but that don't really work cuz it just seems to become a challenge to them.

Don't get me wrong, I just want to be friends with these chicks. I have no sexual interest. It's not like I don't ever want to see them again. These girls are still ok. I'd still like to keep them as friends (to eventually use them for social proof).

If I go AFC on them, I can't keep em as friends.
 

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 27, 2004
Messages
2,077
Reaction score
4
Location
UK
well if you use LJBF on them and they still chase you, and you dont want to repel or upset them, then theres not much you can do! You will just have to force the message of LJBF in to their heads by telling them this every time they hit on you or try and flirt with you.
 

defiancy

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 15, 2004
Messages
298
Reaction score
0
Location
Rowland Heights, CA
let's see...if some guy is bothering you and annoying you that badly what would you do? Probably destroy him mentally and express your feelings. Same concept to anyone on this earth..everyone is only human. :p
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 27, 2004
Messages
2,077
Reaction score
4
Location
UK
buy if a guy does it, its to annoy you, if a girl does it, its ussualy because she likes you as more then just a freind. plus did you not read what dee-zy said, he still wants to be freinds with them, so your idea is not good
 

TurboLover

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Oct 9, 2001
Messages
405
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Location
Dallas, Tx
Say "get away from me, your making my penis soft."

Jk

You could tell them politely that your not interested and that you see her as a sister. Plus, they are going off of hope, and if your single then their hopes are higher. Remember what makes a good friend is someone who respects your stand on things. If they keep on pushing it then maybe you shouldn't associate with them.
 

Caveman

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 22, 2001
Messages
694
Reaction score
2
Location
NL
Originally posted by TurboLover
You could tell them politely that your not interested and that you see her as a sister.
That is actually a good one! Nothing turns me off more than a girl telling me she sees me as a brother.

Cheers!
 

Beethoven

Don Juan
Joined
May 1, 2004
Messages
77
Reaction score
0
Location
England
Instead of going totally AFC, just drop all the 'sexual' techniques that you now naturally do!

So that means no C&F, no being mysterious, no kino, call them up regularly so they don't miss ya, etc...

In other words, just act like one of their girlfriends! If you don't act male, they won't want you that way. Now, are you man enough to be a woman?! ;)
 

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 29, 2004
Messages
3,282
Reaction score
49
Location
Baltimore, MD
********

Just tell her that you think of her like a friend and if she still tries tell her that "I love you like a sister" which means I consider sex with you like incest.

Pook's ******** posts goes over these very well.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Raptured Phoenix

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 19, 2004
Messages
190
Reaction score
1
Age
38
Location
Asheville, NC, USA
Originally posted by Beethoven
Instead of going totally AFC, just drop all the 'sexual' techniques that you now naturally do!

So that means no C&F, no being mysterious, no kino, call them up regularly so they don't miss ya, etc...

In other words, just act like one of their girlfriends! If you don't act male, they won't want you that way. Now, are you man enough to be a woman?! ;)
bingo.

Stop seeing them as women, stop treating them like it. Once they are gone however, you will miss the attention, so why even do it? Unless they are very unattractive.

I went through this with some girls I know, I started phasing out treating them like women, and they starte to stop liking me. Halfway through I was like "damn, I change my mind, I like attention."

hehe, its harder to win em back once they stop seein you as a 'guy.'
 

DiSt0rTi0n_07

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 8, 2004
Messages
123
Reaction score
0
Location
Canada
I had 1 chick that was so desperate that if I came online to check my email she would call all her friends and say "He came on! He came on!" She would have sent me a msg b4 the damn program told me if I had mail or not!

All I did was play dumb and she eventually got the idea that I wasn't interested.
She says something like "It's 11:00 sexy... Wanna come over? Nobody is home..."
You say "I'm watching reality shows with my family. Can we get together tomorrow instead?"

I try not to tell ppl to use specific lines when dealing with women cause it's not original and its unnatural. However, I like the idea of "I see you as a sister".

You could also get in a relationship with someone you are in like with... that helps to give them the picture.
 

AMF

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 5, 2003
Messages
461
Reaction score
1
Age
43
Originally posted by Don_Marko
hit & run
hahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahaha!!!!!!!!!
 

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 29, 2004
Messages
3,282
Reaction score
49
Location
Baltimore, MD
go with Don Ronny's advice

my advice is still good but Don Ronny's advice is just as good. If you go with his advice make a field report for us to read:D
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Top