Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How do you recover/remain DJ when you're feeling down/depressed?

Clint Eastwood

Don Juan
Reaction score
I feel for you squirrels. I'm kind of going through the same thing right now. Last year at this time, I had a great bod, with a ripped six pack. Now I'm kind of chubby and bloated. Last year I was really confident, had a great job and lots to look forward to. Since then, everything has fallen apart and I'm one paycheck away from living on the streets. My career goals have changed and I'm at rock bottom in so many ways. Last year, I had about three one night stands in the month of May alone, not to mention several hot prospects. This year, ... well I won't even say how long it's been since I got laid. Every other week or so, I have a good opportunity to hook up with a girl, but I get to drunk, mad, depressed, etc. My last two relationships have left my mind really f*cked-up. I have trouble trusting and having fun with women like I used to.

I'm glad I read this post because it puts me back in the right state of mind that I need to be in to get out of this slump. I remember one of Pook's posts in which a guy was getting really depressed and this whole thing of dealing with women and trying to be a DJ was no fun anymore. Pook recommended that this guy take time off from women and immerse himself in his hobbies until his inner joy returned. Then when going after women, do it for the fun and you'll be successful.

I agree with this prescription, but it's been hard to let go and start over again. The last time I did this, however, was a tremendous period of self-growth for me. I learned a lot and picked up many new hobbies.

I agree with guys who said to exercise. This is the best cure for depression. I just started going to the gym again, and I'm feeling great. Won't be long until I have a great bod again. That will do a lot for my confidence. I'm also starting martial arts again. I'm into combat Tai Chi. If this interests you, I recommend checking out Erle Montaigue's website: www.Taijiworld.com.
Whatever you're interested in, just get deeply into a physical activity that will give you lots of exercise. This will do wonders for your mood and confidence.

I'm also getting into photography. I used to draw and paint, and I'm going to try to get back into that. I'm also going to try to learn to play the guitar, if I can find the time.

I'm just going around trying to find things that interest me and things I've always wanted to learn. I'm going to immerse myself in these things, and take the focus off women for awhile. Even when I start going after the lucky ladies again, I won't give up these new hobbies. The hobbies come first.

I'm also getting on track with the job thing. I finally know what I want in a career, and even have the beginning of a long-term financial plan.
:) :) :)

In short things are finally starting to look a lot better. But, it will be awhile til I'm out of this rut. I didn't hit rock bottom over night, but now that I'm here I'm going to make the best of it.

Like Tyler Durden said in Fight Club, "It's not until you lose everything that you're free to do anything." ;)

Cheer up and remember, you're not the only one going through this. Tough times don't last, tough people do.