"You Can't Argue a Woman Into Liking You"

You made your case like a lawyer. Stable job. Good guy. Ready for something real. All true. All irrelevant.

She weighed your points, nodded along, felt nothing — then fell hard for some tattooed bartender with a motorcycle and a gambling problem.

Logic is where attraction goes to die. The "22 Rules" work a level deeper, on the subconscious switches that decide within minutes whether you register as a MAN or as part of the furniture.

Stop presenting evidence. Start flipping switches.

Read more...

How do you not lead on female freinds

mrtguy

New Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2003
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
My attitude with female friends is almost the same with a girl I'm attracted to. This seems to lead my female friends on, into them thinking I'm attracted to them, when really I'm not. How can I keep my normal ****y + funny attidude with a female friend, and not have her think that I'm attracted to her?

Usually I try to make it obvious I'm not attracted to them, by talking about how hot other girls are, or I try to slip into the conversation that me and her are just friends. But even if I tell her we're just friends, my actions might still have her believe I'm into her. Like a playful punch in the arm, might make her think I'm interested.

How do you guys go about having female friends, and acting yourself, but having them know you're not interested? How do you act differently around a female friend, then a girl you're attracted to?
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Why is this a problem? Are they c*ckblocking you out of jealousy??

If not, I wouldn't even worry about it. If they are, you could always treat them the same way as you treat your GUY friends...that would be enough to turn them off from ME. :D
 

MackJr

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 23, 2003
Messages
520
Reaction score
0
that's not something you need to worry about. I'm trying to get to that point, where All women are attracted to me, that way I can simply sort them out instead remembering to go in and out of DJ mode.
 

slick_romeo

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 24, 2004
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Age
56
Originally posted by mrtguy

1. How do you guys go about having female friends, and acting yourself, but having them know you're not interested?
2. How do you act differently around a female friend, then a girl you're attracted to?
if being a DJ is all about:

First lesson: give up the chase. I am the prize. I do my own thing.

my answers:

1. who cares??
2. who cares??

remember the 1st lesson &..be yourself..always.
 

Le Parisien

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 30, 2004
Messages
812
Reaction score
7
Location
back to Paris, missing the USA
Ok, maybe I'm too much of a "nice" guy (NOT a "nice guy" ok?:eek: ) and I tend to think too much for other people. But I still believe that just like we hate the attention hos and the teases who lead us on, we shouldn't lead our female friends on, it's just not cool.

Usually what I do (since we are in America:D ) is pretty simple. I dance a lot, so everytime I dance with girls, if I'm interested I would grind, using all the techniques I know;) , if I'm not interested (like for example with my female friends), I still do the same dance moves, ONLY I never grind. The girls are not stupid, they pick up the idea real quick.

But the down side is that this makes it TOO obvious that you are not interested, there's no ambiguity left, so my female friends who might be interested in me would just focus on other guys in social situations and I lose a lot of "social proof".

So I'm still trying to figure out a way to keep my social proof without leading them on.
:confused:
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

slick_romeo

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 24, 2004
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Age
56
Originally posted by Le Parisien

Usually what I do (since we are in America:D ) is pretty simple. I dance a lot, so everytime I dance with girls, if I'm interested I would grind, using all the techniques I know;) , if I'm not interested (like for example with my female friends), I still do the same dance moves, ONLY I never grind. The girls are not stupid, they pick up the idea real quick.


So I'm still trying to figure out a way to keep my social proof without leading them on.
:confused:
just realize that as a human you have your specific taste in women...you can't please 'em all...
 

WaterTiger

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 3, 2003
Messages
1,717
Reaction score
35
Location
Wine Country, Ca
Simple!

*Tell them they are like a "sister" to you and tell them often.
*Encourage them to date other guys, offer dating advice.
*Treat them like your guy friends.
*Ask them for dating advice. (You don't have to TAKE it...just ask!)

They will still be your social proof! Did it ever occur to you that YOU are THEIR social proof as well?
 

Le Parisien

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 30, 2004
Messages
812
Reaction score
7
Location
back to Paris, missing the USA
They will still be your social proof! Did it ever occur to you that YOU are THEIR social proof as well?
Mmm... I beg to differ on this one.

First, if they are not "all over me" any more and actually give more attention to some other guys they don't even know, I would look like a big chump. I would have more social proof being by myself.

Secondly, why would a girl need any social proof? She's her OWN social proof. Whether a girl is by herself or with friends, whether she's with "hot" guys or "ugly" guys, my perception of her doesn't change a bit, as long as she's a decently social person.
On this guys and girls are VERY different. For a girl, having a lot of good looking guys around her won't increase her "market value" at all, unlike for guys. I guess most guys will agree with me on this one.
 

Raptured Phoenix

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 19, 2004
Messages
190
Reaction score
1
Age
38
Location
Asheville, NC, USA
Females are Females

What's the point of having female friends if you can't have a little fun with them?

Jus to talk? *scoffs*

All my female friends are attracted to me, they might not think I am attracted to them particularly, but they are attracted to me.

Thats the bottom line newbies miss. YOU ARE THE PRIZE, stop thinking about if you seem like you are attracted to her, only focus on making them attracted to you!

That will cover your social proof, and if you treat all women the same, they will know you treat all women the same and that they aren't special (which might make them compete a bit more just to be a little bit more special than average).

:)

Good Luck.
 
Top