"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

How do you know when you have a girlfriend

unamean

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 8, 2004
Messages
59
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
new york
So I met this girl in my art class a couple of weeks ago and we went out to dinner a couple of times and we call eachother like everyother day. I have never really had a GF just one night stands. My question is: when does a girl become your girlfriend?
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Dukester

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 24, 2004
Messages
538
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Dayton, Ohio
deponds on what you define girlfriend as.
to me "girlfriend" is just a title
girls like to have this title, b/c it makes them feel important, and hard to get to other guys.

i'd say if u talk to her all the time, and go out all the time, then you are "boyfriend/girlfriend"

but, you dont wanna be doning stuff all the time, and talking all the time, b/c then you wont have a "girlfriend"
 

MRomeo99

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 19, 2004
Messages
158
Reaction score
0
Location
Sunny Florida
STOP! WAIT! HOLD ON THERE CHIEF!!

Don't ever ask "Are you my girlfriend?" "Do you really like me?" or any of this AFC/wussy bullsh1t. How will the answer to any of these questions help you? Why do you want to know?

Screw it man, relax, have fun. There is no need to "talk" about it. Just do what you want, and lead like a man. A man doesn't need to ask her, he knows what he wants and he gets it.

HTH,

M
 

silverwex

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 27, 2003
Messages
1,306
Reaction score
5
Age
44
Location
Eire
Someone posted a tip titled 'Never ask to be exclusive' read that.

Romeo's right on. NEVER ask her is she your girlfriend!
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

disciple

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Apr 26, 2000
Messages
416
Reaction score
34
Location
New york, New York
Let the female be the first to say that your her boyfriend or she's your girlfriend

Let her be the first to say, I love you

Let her be the first to ask to be exclusive
 

jason86

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jun 6, 2004
Messages
248
Reaction score
0
Age
40
haha i totally feel you on this. in high school, it was this fukin simple.

boy : 'will you go out with me?'
girl : 'ok'
boy: 'cool'
girl: 'cool'


i actually thought about this the other day coz im getting quite close with one girl and i know i cant use the lame ass high school routine anymore. i think its better to wait for the ***** to come out with it tho.

one thing i dont understand tho is if u make out in the first date and meet again for the second date and nobody hasnt called for it being 'exclusive'. Isnt it going to be quite uncomfortale in the second date between the two?
 

MrCode

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jun 1, 2004
Messages
366
Reaction score
3
Location
South Florida
Originally posted by jason86
one thing i dont understand tho is if u make out in the first date and meet again for the second date and nobody hasnt called for it being 'exclusive'. Isnt it going to be quite uncomfortale in the second date between the two?
Why would it be uncomfortable? Do you think you have to be exclusive before you can get past "first base?"

NOPE!

You are the man, you do what you want and lead the girl until she tells you to stop. And you aren't exclusive until she asks to be and you agree.
 

ER!C L!VE

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 19, 2004
Messages
902
Reaction score
6
Age
52
Location
WORLDW!DE
I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

I have had a 5 year relationship, a 1 year relationship, and a few 6 monthers...

My definition of having a girlfriend is that you both are exclusively dating each other.

This has been posted before in this forum.

Every girl who I wanted to be exclusive with, I told her. I said, "I'm not seeing anyone else and I hope you're not either. I want us to be exclusively seeing each other". They'd get all giddy and shyt after that as they know exactly what you're talking about.

Look, wtf is wrong with telling a girl that you don't want her banging other guys? Otherwise, it's fair game for her to be doing guys, unless you both agreed that she can't.
 

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 5, 2002
Messages
5,550
Reaction score
18
Age
46
Location
Hiding in Penkitten's Linen Closet
Originally posted by unamean
My question is: when does a girl become your girlfriend?
Well, lately for me, the answer to that question is: Right about the time you say, "Hey, I don't really want a relationship right now."

Then she says, "Okay."

And I say, "So you're not going to bring up that relationship stuff? Because it's been bothering me lately."

And she says, "I don't want to upset my boyfriend."

And then I stab myself in the eyeball with a dull pencil.
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

Joined
Apr 3, 2003
Messages
3,667
Reaction score
18
Location
http://pimphop.com
When either of you ask for exclusivity. That means you ask her to be your girlfriend. You outline the parameters of your contract...yeah it's like that these days.

You gotta explain how it's going to be an d what is and isn't allowed.

Put that shyt up front so that there will be no questions about anything stupid later on. For example:

She starts going out with her ex on friendly dates later on. You remind her that you both agreed to not date the ex's...and your back on track.

If you don't outline what you want out of the realtionship then don't be surprised when you get things that you didn't ask for.
 
Top