Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How do you guys handle?

tristan22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've had to miss a whole week of lifting, because i got strep-throat from some chick last week. Bottom line is, when i look in the mirror, it looks like i lost a lot!

I feel like i'm the only one loses tons of mass if i stop working out for a week, its as if i deflate.

This is frustrating as he11. How do you guys handle this type of setback?

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's recommended that you take a week off every so often to recover anyway, but I noticed the same thing happen during my week off. I think it's partly due to the muscles relaxing and partly psychological.

Don't worry, it'll all come back a week after you resume your workouts again.

Hot Ice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hehe, after cutting gym for a week, you'll see your muscles what they really are.
I've notinced that few even days after hard exercise muscles are still little swollen and they look bigger.

Don't worry, you'll get it back.
Just eat a lot, exercise and don't give up.

Cheiradawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by tristan22
How do you guys handle this type of setback?
By remembering that is it one week. This is not that big of a deal.

gav

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: How do you guys handle?

Originally posted by Cheiradawg
By remembering that is it one week. This is not that big of a deal.
exactly. it's just one week off.

you have to stop training every now and again to prevent over-training by giving your body some rest.

that's what i'm doing just now - taking a week off the gym because i have to; i've been so tired lately.

anyway, what's a strep-throat? i don't get the cold from anyone else, even through kissing. my body's become immune :D think it's cuz of the weightlifting actually

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll tell you, it gets hard. When I first started going to the gym 3 years ago, I pretty much had to force myself to go. Now, it's a routine I can't break. I haven't missed workout in the last 2 years, so during those week-long rest periods, I can't wait to get back in. I start to turn into Martin Sheen's character in Apocalypse Now, when he's shaking like a freak in his hotel room cause he wants to get back into the jungle lol.

But ya it's just a week, and I always make awesome progress after it. It has to be done.

UltraMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
I read somewhere that you don't start losing muscle mass until 10-14 days of inactivity, so don't worry about it.

Eulogy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Its just water weight and muscle glycogen. Just make sure you eat enough protein, and you won't lose a pound. I take 2 week breaks every 12-14 weeks. It's not an option, you will overtrain if you don't.

tristan22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The sickness is what i'm referring to, not the missing a week. I feel like and look like i've lost 10 pounds or so.

My bad, i guess my emphasis was more towards the lack of lifting and not the sickness! I guess each scenario is relevant in my complaint!