Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

how do you guys feel about acting you own age

cool dude

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
MY sis and I got in an argument and she told me that all her friends don't like me because they said I don't act my age.Well I said I don't care what they think as long as I am happy I will act like what ever age I want.Like ben harper said as long as your not causin no trouble you alright with me.I was thinking well what is all this crap about act your own age,what is that?! What does it truly mean?Does it mean to act a certain way or not to be to loud or hyper,what.I feel like acting ones age is something more of a responsibility thing and a matter of being wise through ones journey in life.
If I don't act my age well I am glad,I will always stay a kid at heart,maybe even in my ways of acting,haha

So tell me what you guys think of "acting your own age" crap.

cool dude

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
haha, I am 20,I have people tell I don't act my age before, but also say the opposite.I am just curious what others think on this subject.I read some psychology book and it mentioned how people say to act your own age all the time.

Teflon_Mcgee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you want to be perceived like a man then act like a man.
If you'd rather be a clown then be a clown.

Personally, I have a hard time associating with immature people.

cool dude

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
That's the thing there is a difference. one can still be a man but not take things seriously.Why be serious all the time when one does not need to be.Immaturity is lack of being responsible,a lack of knowledge on life and how one deals with life,correct. That is what you think of it? I don't feel it should be based on how someone acts and how grown up they seem to be.

There is this thing where people feel they have to act there own age to fit in with society,instead of just being free and doing what you want to do.
Why should one ever grow up,I mean you are never mature,because we all are all growing and learning everyday.
I am a man,but I choose not to act like a tough insensitive guy that is serious all the time.
Maturity is all perceived differently through everyone's eyes.Like I said before I have been told I act older than I am but I have also been told I don't act my age. I just don't understand why people must feel pressured to act a certain way because they reached a certain age.

goodfoot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
cool dude said:
That's the thing there is a difference. one can still be a man but not take things seriously.Why be serious all the time when one does not need to be.Immaturity is lack of being responsible,a lack of knowledge on life and how one deals with life,correct. That is what you think of it? I don't feel it should be based on how someone acts and how grown up they seem to be.

There is this thing where people feel they have to act there own age to fit in with society,instead of just being free and doing what you want to do.
Why should one ever grow up,I mean you are never mature,because we all are all growing and learning everyday.
I am a man,but I choose not to act like a tough insensitive guy that is serious all the time.
Maturity is all perceived differently through everyone's eyes.Like I said before I have been told I act older than I am but I have also been told I don't act my age. I just don't understand why people must feel pressured to act a certain way because they reached a certain age.
I goof around a lot. I'm 23 years old. Most of the girls I hook up with are 26 to 29. After thinking about it a bit I came up with a possible reason. They aren't afraid to be silly because they are more comfortable in their own skin. A lot of the younger girls are so concerned with what other people think that they don't want to do anything out of the ordinary.

Unbridled_Phoenix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I strive to be a "timeless" man, living both in and out of his own time.

cool dude

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Alle_Gory said:
and what does that mean? acting your own age.
Probably to conform to societies standards of what is normal for what age you are.

daygameguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You age is what you feel like. Not what society defines.

Last edited:

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
cool dude said:
Probably to conform to societies standards of what is normal for what age you are.
Oh I see.

Excuse me while I go shopping for a sweater vest and spectacles.