"So, What Do You Do for Fun?"

She asks it casually, mid-sip. And you feel the floor open up, because the honest answer is work, gym, and a couple shows you're half-watching.

Women rarely say this out loud, but a man with a life is attractive before he says a word. The guy who spent Saturday deep-sea fishing and came back with photos and a story — he walks in already interesting.

The "22 Rules" pushed me to build a life worth talking about. Turns out the fastest way to be interesting to women is to be interested in your own life first.

Read more...

How do you deal with it?

Heizen

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 7, 2004
Messages
422
Reaction score
0
Location
Vienna, VA
Most of you all reading this are probably here because some relationship went sour, or you were tired of something in your life. So I ask you this question:

How do you deal with it?

Do you ever fully get over that one girl that drove you to come here? Is it something you can just get rid of?
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

flexion_

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 13, 2003
Messages
1,617
Reaction score
10
Age
56
Don't worry about why we are here - worry about yourself. That pretty much sums up how you deal with it as well.
 

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 11, 2004
Messages
1,769
Reaction score
2
look into the future and move on.
yes and yes.
 

englishman

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 2, 2002
Messages
647
Reaction score
33
Location
amerika
getting another one can help, also time will help, I have a bit of an anecdote? if it helps, when I first came here to sosuave it was over an asian chick who had messed me about badly and then went back to her country.....I was determined to not get so f**ed up about it that i was imobelised (again), so I got me a new one! also from the same country as the other one ;-) anyway eventually she to went back and we stayed in touch..a few months later I went there (korea) to see chick #2 and #1 heard through the grapvine I was there....1st contact in a year since she f**ed me over.......anyway we met in Seoul, she was still up to her usuall ****y tricks and I knew that it would be same BS as before...so I shagged her silly and the next day when she started her ****! I had the balls this time to tell her to go and F*ck herself............ was a great feeling man, I was back in the drivers seat and I would never , nevver in a million years have expected to have that opportunity to be able to do that....
So the long and short of it is....push yourself.......move on....grow some balls.....talk to your men friends and it will be ok in time....good luck bro.....
 

CoRVeTTe6699

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 4, 2004
Messages
143
Reaction score
0
how do u deal with it? you say FCUK it and u find another girl. no girl is worth your trouble
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

christz

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 26, 2004
Messages
740
Reaction score
0
its a headache and it can effect you mentally and physically

mentally because you like everybody else may think "i'll never find another one like her" but you can and you will because there are plenty out there with the same personality traits that you like

and physically because your loseing sleep your not eating etc..

time heals everything, but to get over it faster you gotta understand its over and remembering about the good stuff isn't gonna help either.

put it to the back of your mind take what you learned and move onto the next one. that's all you can do. at least that's why i TRY to do. But even the shortest relationships with the right person are hard to forget.
 

englishman

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 2, 2002
Messages
647
Reaction score
33
Location
amerika
think of the things that you didnt like about her and focus on those.....give it 6 months and youll be over the worst of it....
 

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 29, 2003
Messages
2,406
Reaction score
16
Location
Los Angeles
One day at a time.

This will not kill you. This will make you stronger.

Look to the future not the past.

Think about it. You have learnt from this experience have you not? you are now a better man because of it.

Hurt and pain are part of the human experience. Looking back on it - I am glad I went through what I did. It has made me a better person - a stronger person.

Does it still hurt?

Yes. There are times when the pain comes. There are times when I think about her - what she's doing and the times we had together.

To be honest there is not a day that goes by without me thinking about her.

But would I change it? no.

I would do it over again.

The person I am today, the life I lead today - is better than it was with her.

I strive to become better - and I know one day that I will get what I'm looking for.

In the meantime - I will have patience - and I will grow as a man.
 

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 15, 2004
Messages
11,680
Reaction score
4,874
It all depends on how long you were with her and what investments you put into the relationship. If you were just dating, it'll be much easier to get over than if you were living with her, or even married.

This is how I dealt with it (I was living with her)

I took a week off work and just mourned. I cried my eyes out. Then, I started to repeatedly tell myself it was over.

One week after she was gone, I rebounded. I ended up with a posessive woman and dated her for a few days. I didn't really like her and she wasn't that good looking. She provided comfort that I sorta needed. She told me, "You have a good job, you're good looking, and you can have any woman you want." I realized she was right, so I dumped her.

I cut all contact with my ex and worked on being single again. That's how I ended up here.

I dated many women, and eventually my ex wanted to come back to me. So, she met up at the bar with some mutual friends and waited for me to come and talk to her. I was too busy flirting and making out with the women in the bar to be bothered with her. She ended up leaving. I didn't care.
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 15, 2004
Messages
11,680
Reaction score
4,874
Now with that said, don't do like Desdinova and get a rebound woman that is really beneath you. Like him, you will probably come to the realization that you really deserve better, and you will end up hurting her when you dump her.
The great thing about what I did was I got a sense of moving on. I began dating other women right away. Either way you look at it, whether your rebounding or not, if you don't like the woman you're going to get rid of her and possibly hurt her feelings. If you stay with her to prevent hurting her feelings, you're going to end up miserable. Time heals the pain from a breakup.

I highly suggest rebounding after a LTR has ended. It helps you realize that you're on a new path of life.
 
Top