how do you bulk when you broke

skeeloo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Anytip on how to bulk for a final year broke college dude. i mean how u gonna bulk when you walk everywhere and loose weight, how do you bulk when you aint eating right. can muscles come without eating right? cuss i seen one broke college kid get ripped. still dunno how he did it.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eggs (protein+fat)
Oat bran (carbs+fibre)
Tuna (protein)
Apples (carbs)

Beg, borrow or steal some fish oil and protein powder (both are cheap in bulk). You don't need anything else

Teflon_Mcgee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay!!!
This is my specialty.

Eggs!! I buy them for $6.08 per 5 dozen. That's a weeks worth right there. Look the paper for sales and you can find them cheaper.

Beans!! Pintos gor for $.68 per pound in bulk or about $.50 per can. Bulk is reccomended but If you're short on time like me then they aren't very practical.

Tuna!! Crappy tuna costs about $.50 a can and is always on sale.

Salmon!! Canned salmon at walmart is $1.68. LOTS OF PROTIEN.

Frozen vegatbles are cheap ($.50-$1.50). I i'll just throw 1/2 a pound in with a chicken bullong cube and "Mmmmm good."

Jennio frozen turky roasts. $2.00 at walmart and each one packs 120 grams of protien for 600 cals.

Jennio ground turkey. $1.32 per pound at walmart.

Chicken quarters can be found for $.40 per pound.

2 pounds of cottage cheese can be had for under $3.00.

Look in the net for protien.

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For breakfast or lunch the most protein you get for a buck or two is a roll of bread from the nearest deli. I used to eat a whole role for a meal,50 grams of protein for $1.69 and it taste good. You can even eat half and save the rest for sandwhiches.

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
besides the whey protein and fish oil, another cheap supplement is vitamin D and your muscle tissue has vitamin D receptors.

Teflon_Mcgee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
blinkwatt said:
For breakfast or lunch the most protein you get for a buck or two is a roll of bread from the nearest deli. I used to eat a whole role for a meal,50 grams of protein for $1.69 and it taste good. You can even eat half and save the rest for sandwhiches.

Protien from a roll?
What kind of roll was this??

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Any bread has protein. The big rolls I eat are normally either Dutch Crust or Sweet Bread.

shaunuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Any bread has protein. The big rolls I eat are normally either Dutch Crust or Sweet Bread.
Yeah, true, but bread is mostly an incomplete source of protein, meaning the protein in it lacks certain amino acids. Did the roll have some kind of seeds on (two kinds of incomplete protein can be complementary? On the other hand, incomplete protein is often made complete by eating stuff later on which contains a surplus of the amino acids lacking in the incomplete protein :).

-shaun

shaunuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh yeah, back to the food Q's.

As the lads have recommended, tuna is a definite option. Tuna is really cheap, yet contains 30g of protein per can. I know, cheap tuna sometimes tastes crappy, but put some vinegar, pepper and some oils (for dietary fat) on to improve the taste. Or you could put some mayonese in as well.

Again, yeah, eggs are cheap. Large eggs in Britain contain about 8g of protein per egg. Cottage cheese is also quite cheap. As is quark, which is a soft cheese product, and each tub contains about 30g of protein.

Also get some whey if you can find it cheap somewhere..

So now that you're getting your protein in from the sources above, you need your fuel and essential fatty acids. Cheap fruits are decent carbs, i.e. blue berries, apples. Oats are always cheap. You might have problem getting enough calories being broke, so get loads of fats down. Healthy and cheap oils are the fish oils (cod liver etc), flaxseed oil, sunflower oil etc. By taking your choice of oil(s) regularly, you'll find it easier to get enough calories - a tablespoon of oil contains about 120 calories ;)

Being broke, I reckon you should forget about good supplements such as creatine and taurine..unless you find some for cheap or your mates are willing to lend you some :up:

-shaun

Hydroblunt

Don Juan
Reaction score
As people said it, tuna, eggs & cottage cheese. All three have a cheap version available that is very efficient.

When I was on unemployment and in the learning phase of daytrading, I was broke as a joke. Guess what I ate for protein? Cottage cheese & eggs galore.

Sardines are good also and for the price, you will get higher quality food.

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
nobody's addressed shopping locations. if you have an Aldi in the area, they're magnificently cheap -- they make Walmart look pricey. makes me wonder how they do it sometimes..... or if you have a friend who has a card for Sam's, BJs or Costco, see if you can grab a ride with 'em & borrow their card. the above food sources are even cheaper at those places, in massive quantities. just stick to your list -- it's easy to spend way too much money in those places on stuff you don't need.

dj ben2

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
tunas been mentioned but to make a meal out of it get 2 tomatos cut a hole in the top of each scrape into a bowl add a spoon of low fat mayo to the bowl as much tuna as u wish then stuff the tomatos with the mixture ,...... its devine

skeeloo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
thanks for all the advices. i guess i dont really need whey proteins then. as long as i eat these things right?, eggs,beans,bread,tunna,meat chicken,. potatoes.
dunno but does walking alott make you loose weight?.