How do women perceive a guys tears?

Analysis

Don Juan
Reaction score
How does a women perceive a guys tears? Are there any situation where it is ok for a guy to shed tears in front of your girl....I will name a few situations and you guys tell me whether it is ok to shed some tears...

A) Birth of a baby
B)Getting Married
c)Proposing
d)A very long separation- For example, going to another country for 1 year...

What do you all think...When can you cry and when is it bad...

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
Crying is for pu$$ys.

The only time its ok is if your genitals are injured.

Blurred Elevens

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm going to go out on a limb here, and say it's probably not a good time to cry when she tells you that "your penis size is inadequate".:D

McKindley

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sometimes crying is ok. But not all that often. I personally wouldn't cry in any of the situations you mentioned. But maybe you're more emotional about stuff like that. and I don't cry when I'm really happy, which happens to be all the situations you mentioned.

The one big, completely acceptable time to cry you missed is when a person close to you dies.

And yes, if you cry over most anything else a girl could very well think you're a *****. Cause if you hadn't seen a friend in a year and cried when you saw them I would have to call you a *****. Then I'd make fun of you a lot. To all of your friends. But hey, that's just me.

joey37

Banned
Reaction score
And you're probably some fag who wears pink undies. Crying is fine, I'd like to see you make fun of me in person.

selfcontrol

Don Juan
Reaction score
The alpha male has control over his emotions. Thus, he only cries when he wants to, never because he has lost control.

In my case, the only time when I want to feel sad enough to cry is when someone dies. Life is too short to be that sad at other times.

selfcontrol

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by joey37
And you're probably some fag who wears pink undies. Crying is fine, I'd like to see you make fun of me in person.
Dude, I see your point, but you're qualifying yourself, which indicates you care too much what other people think of you. If you're an alpha male living in your own reality, it doesn't fvcking matter what anyone thinks, whether they "make fun of" you or not.

Eileen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by selfcontrol
Dude, I see your point, but you're qualifying yourself, which indicates you care too much what other people think of you.
He does that a lot then claims he doesn't care. He also posted a pic then claimed he didn't care what others thought of him.

Back to the topic -

Analysis - Why on gods green earth would you ask a bunch of men how women would perceive ANYTHING? That makes no sense what so ever!

In answer to your question though, your best bet is to be true to yourself. If you feel like crying, cry. - But not too much. Blubbering like an infant isn't attractive on anyone.

Walden

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How is this information going to be useful.
Seriously, is anyone here trying to improve their game?

(yes, there's a field report coming).

selfcontrol

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Walden
How is this information going to be useful.
Seriously, is anyone here trying to improve their game?

(yes, there's a field report coming).
Yes. If you have the urge to cry in front of a woman for any reason other than someone's death, DON'T DO IT.

I've field tested this sh!t. Back in my AFC days I cried in front of my GF because I was moving away to go to school, and her attraction for me evaporated instantly.

There was another time a few years ago when I cried at the end of Titanic, and that also destroyed any attraction the chick felt.

If you must cry publicly at the end of films, restrict it to war movies like Saving Private Ryan.

Reaction score
Let me think here...

Self_Control I believe that you make some valid points most definatly. Women, at least most women's attraction, is somewhat turned off by a man's tears. But I don't believe that it kills it at all, but it certainly doesn't help.

But if you ever start to say that you have the ability to completly CONTROL your feelings and your emotions then you are living in a false reality. Just because you hold back your tears does not mean that you are controlling how you feel, but rather you are controling your reaction. Attraction is a feeling, and you know attraction is not a choice made by someone.....sadness, happiness, these are not choices either

We all, whether we believe it or not, will at some point lose control, because we are all human, I don't care how good you are with women, or how confident you are. The only way to not lose control of yourself due to your emotions is to release them. There are many ways to release these types of emotions, crying is the most common one. Now I don't recommend that you cry in front of a girl, women want a man who is sensitive but also who has a pretty good handle on controlling the effect emotional things have on them.

If you just feel the tears start to come...excuse yourself to somewhere private, or talk to a family member or a close friend or whatever. Once it is out, it will be out of you and it won't fester inside of you later.

Runna13=)

Don Juan
Reaction score
It'll be about a decade before I propose, get married, or have a baby, so I wouldn't know. Fawk, this got me thinking; I better not be having a baby soon. Maybe I should start using protection.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
You can cry any time you damned well feel like it.

At the same time, you should have control of your emotions. Cry because you WANT to, not because you need to.

Hell with "appropriate."

selfcontrol

Don Juan
Reaction score
Christopher_Reeves,

Actually, you can control your emotional state. Here is the reasoning:
1. Feelings come from thoughts.
2. You, and only you, control your thoughts.
3. Therefore, you control your feelings.

I used to be extremely depressed, but now I no longer am. I cured myself by changing my thoughts.

NLP is a way of changing your negative thoughts into positive ones. Yoga and meditation are a couple other ways.

Reaction score
And I will answer all of them with one word. NO!

I have found that although women do appreciate when a man shows his emotions, but she will have trouble respecting him after that.

Most women have told me that they need a man to be strong in their eyes and when he breaks down in tears they can never respect his manhood after that.

If you must cry do so in private! I do not know what is wrong with men these days...for example that dork who got married on tv...she will cheat on him with a real man one of these days and that bytch will end up doing what he does best...CRY.

I feel for the fool who buys into "oh women were so touched by his sensitivity"...but you don't see these women wanting to actually marry him!

DJSask

Don Juan
Reaction score
ITs okay to cry... I mean thats why our bodies do it, to release emotion...

If you crying like a baby everytime your gf goes out of town for a week... then you an absolute wuss...

But if something bad happens or whatever its a healthy thing to do...

I've cried in front of girls before when appropriate, and i've never been dumped soooo...

Ultimately a woman worth attracting will want a healthy man, healthy people express themselves appropriately...

MackJr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
depends on the woman. the ultra-feminine ones definitely won't like it. If it's a woman who had an emotional father, then she probably won't mind.

This stoicism stuff gets of hand, though it is necessary to attract women to some degree. If she jumps on you for the least display of emotion or frustration however, dump her because you'll only end up with a heart attack if you can never loosen up around her.

b's nuts

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
crying, what is this sh*t about. Anyone here who says its neccassary for emotional realese is right, but there alternatives to handing your balls over to a lady because you are happy about someone getting married. Excercise will help you release your emotions a lot better than crying will. What the fvcks to cry about a baby being born? I don't get it. You get married, you shouldn't be getting tears you should be getting a boner. I dunno, maybe im to macho or something but wouldn't you feel like less of a man if you were crying after a movie and other guys aren't. Personally, I believe that alot of the emotions that some of these guys can't control can be taken care of with exercise or another alternative way (like puffing a fat blunt) but thats just me.