Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

how do we BEAT ourselves and NOT BEAT ourselves up?

hb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The simple fact that the only thing stoppin ME is ME is driving me crazzzzy. This sounds so simple but its soooo damn complicated.
As with everything in life, it all starts with that first step. I remmember watching MTV's Driven once, it was about the Notorius B.I.G. and i remmember that when he was first growing up he was an honor student, never got introuble and never wanted to do anything of that sort. Then one day he met a kid from the block, this kid wasnt such a good kid, this kid used to hang out with the gangstars that hung out at the corners of the block. So one day his friend told Chris(Biggie) to come and hang out with him at the corner, so he did. Chris really didnt like the it and didnt wann stay there or get involved with anything that was going on there, but his friend told him to just relax, just chill, and this is what Chris did. By doing this, he got into alot of trouble but look at what else it did for him, i doubt he wouldve ever became the rapper he was if it wasnt for that FIRST STEP. Now maybe you dont want to become a rapper, maybe you want to become a doctor, it certainly isnt going to be done if you dont apply for med-school.

The problem with me is, where is this first step supposed to be taken? I understand that when an opportunity is there, then i should definitely take it but how do i know if its the right decision?

Another thing isi want to be more social but the thing is sometimes i do see people i want to talk to BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT TO SAY. Another thing is, I've always had friends but Ive never had CLOSE friends. One reason for this is because i feel that there is always going to be pressure on me to keep these friends. I know this is a problem, do any of you feel the same way? Another thing is I've always felt that if a couple of friends want to hang out and theres nothing to do, then theres no point.
But when i look around i see that alot of people hang out when theres nothing to do. Before when ive hung out with friends, they've always did the stupid ****, i never did, thats not really my style, but should i make it my style? i definitely have to be more fun to hang out with but i dont know how!!

I opened up this message by talkin about how I'm the only one stopping myself, this was the main idea. So guys if I'm the only one stopping myself then how do i not stop myself? Like i said before, if i see a person, a guy or a girl that i just want to be cool with, nothing else, I really dont know what to say. Another thing is, I'm sure alot of you guys go through with this too, is that if i see a girl i like for some reason I want to talk to her but I keep saying to myself, maybe NEXT TIME. I remmember saying this to myself this time last year when i was in school, i said to myself "she'll be here next school year" but she wasnt. How do i stop myself from doing this? There has to be the first step towards EVERYTHING.

I'm confused.

Starman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dude this post sounds like you are talking to a shrink..maybe you should see one?

alll I can say is..Find out what Drives you, motivates you..are you competitive type?

from that point on..try to harness that energy into the everyday things in your life (I know this sounds vague..but I really cant help you unless you find out yourself..about yourself)

you want to meet people..women..etc..but you dont know what to say. Sounds like you need to work on your social skills

and it also sounds like you have a fear of intimacy..by the fact that you think making friends is too much work..

Did you have some people die in your family/close to you? Did you move around alot as a child? Where do the feelings/fear of abandonment come from?

GQ Prettyboy

Don Juan
Reaction score
You have a lot of people out here telling you to stay away from temptations and anything that is bad, but sometimes those bad things can keep you grounded. I mean how would you know anything that is good if you don`t experience what is bad?

BMW

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by GQ Prettyboy
You have a lot of people out here telling you to stay away from temptations and anything that is bad, but sometimes those bad things can keep you grounded. I mean how would you know anything that is good if you don`t experience what is bad?
Very simple....if you see it has bad effects on other people, then chances are it will have bad effects on you.

GQ Prettyboy

Don Juan
Reaction score
^ Yeah, but to experience it first hand, you will have rational understanding. And notice that some people will do it anyway.