"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

How do u relax and not look uptight?

Kourt

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Feb 7, 2004
Messages
420
Reaction score
2
Location
Mi
Alright i'll give you the background first.

Tonight I was at the club doin some bump/grind with a few hbs. One hb8 was sitting down and I approached her and said "hey wanna go catch a dance?" she said yes and then we went to the dance floor and started up the bump/grind routine. She told me "i've been looking for someone to dance with all night!" which kind of struck me as odd seeing how she was pretty hot. Anyway, she was an awsome dancer and after a song one of her friends who was stilll sitting at the table came up to me and told me to relax and roll my shoulders. I did and she was like there you go. My body language was uptight due to my dancin with a chic I felt was greater than the equivilent of my own looks and a couple years older. I didnt even realize I was uptight until her friend told me and then I was able to truely relax. Then her friend joined in a I got to be in the middle of the 2 hotties which was pretty sweet. Anyway now to the question. How should you go about the looking smooth, relaxed, and carefree instead of looking uptight? I think the best solution would be drinking, but i'm 18 so thats not an available solution unfortunatly. Suggestions, comments and constructive criticisms are welcome.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Grey Fox

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 14, 2003
Messages
545
Reaction score
14
Man just think about those two hot chicks how can you be nervous when you think of that.

-Grey Fox
 

So pimp its scary

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 9, 2003
Messages
1,677
Reaction score
3
Age
44
Location
In the C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh!
Here's the best solution that I can think of at the moment...

1 - Think of the person that embodies this smooth relaxed calm look that your after.

2 - Think of what they look like. Are there shoulders slumped? Straight like a board? Or somewhere in the middle?

Is he breathing slowly? Super-fast? Or calmly and smoothly?

Now look at his eyes. Are they a fixed stare? Are they darting from left to right? Are they smiling? Angry? Or just casually gazing at the scenery?

Next, his gestures. Are they forced? Are the subtle? Or does it look natural?

3 - Once you figure out what his body looks like, try holding that same posture, that same breathing pattern, the same look, the same gestures.

4 - Now go back to your usual look... QUICKLY!

5 - Now, as fast as possible go back to the cool relaxed posture.

6 - Back to normal.

7 - Back relaxed.

8 - Now give your body a little shake, stretch, and then go into the relaxed cool look.

Allright... if you actually do this, notice how you feel when you do it. If you don't notice anything, it's cause you didn't do it fast enough.

This comes from the principle that 'emotion is created by motion'. Try getting into sales, and you will definately hear that phrase. What it means is that how you hold your body affects how you feel.

How is this going to help you?

Well, knowing this on your own might help you to tell yourself, "Hey, I've got my normal stressed posture going on... I wanna be relaxed." Then to get into that mode... but better yet.

1 - Get into the state where you are completely relaxed and at ease, like you wanted.

2 - Make sure you FEEL it as intensely, and as fully as possible.

3 - Squeeze your shoulder or your arm, or some unique gesture, or shout a word to yourself... something you wouldn't normally do, that is intense.

4 - Repeat about 10-12 times, using the exact same gesture.

Why am I doing this?

If you do this properly, you will create what is called an anchor with that gesture that, when 'activated', will make you feel the emotions that you were feeling at the same time that you created the anchor... Useful, isn't it?

Unfortunately the only way you'll know is if you do it for yourself.
 

Kourt

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Feb 7, 2004
Messages
420
Reaction score
2
Location
Mi
I didnt feel nervous, my body language just shouted stressed I think

and thanks for the tip so pimp i'll try that
 

AMF

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 5, 2003
Messages
461
Reaction score
1
Age
43
Just slow everything down
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Top