Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How do pull off "The Rake?" Question on "The Art of Seduction"

Epicwinguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're supposed to "live for the woman." Be really focused on her. Sounds a bit obsessive, even if only for a short time.

How could a guy pull this method off effectively?

CuddleJunkie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The book is entertaining and you get to see how people understood seduction back in the day. BUT, 99.999% of the stories are taken from fiction. I would not follow much of the advice.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
These youtubes are great - they narrate The Art of Seduction.

The Rake approach is exactly how I seduced my favorite girl. I confessed from the first time we spoke that she was the most beautiful woman in the world.

Billtx49

Reaction score
Amazing similarities between the Siren story and that of a BPD.

Last edited:

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
Amazing similarities between the Siren story and that of a BPD.
Yes, noticed the shipwrecked man about to drown worshiping her by her feet? But the Rake already had her on the first date.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
I just discovered that my Siren is a singer. I found song by her online I can't tell you how mesmerizing the voice of a woman you love can be.

fastlife

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know one 'Rake' who's successful IRL--he's a sometimes drug dealer, travels regularly on a shoestring budget, diagnosed Bipolar (personally believe he's BPD, known him for years), sex addict (cheats on all his gf's and immediately regrets it; they break up with him, he tries to win them back), falls madly in love with at least 4 girls a year. He's a great guy--I'd count him as one of my closest friends--but I'd say his success as a rake is attributable to the following qualities:
  • General DGAF attitude right underneath his passion.
  • So lacking in stability that girls don't start feeling trapped by the prospect of anything substantial. His whole life is a 'challenge.'
  • He lives in a whirlwind of emotions that girls can get caught up in.
  • Generally heavily pursuing multiple women--and usually has several he's already getting with--so very little neediness.
  • Super sexual--more desirous than romantic.
  • It's just congruent with who he is. He's totally shameless and unapprehensive--it would never occur to him that a lot of what he does isn't exactly 'socially acceptable' behavior.
The last point is most important. I don't think it's an archetype that very many guys can pull off--I definitely couldn't--and it inherently requires a TON OF DRAMA which, unless you're built for that, probably isn't worth it. I think there are aspect of others archetypes that most guys can utilize more readily & flexibly with less effort.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
Sex addict? That is the dumbest term ever made. It's like saying oxygen addict or water addict or money addict. It's like saying 4 hour erections require immediate medical attention.

The Rake teaches us a simple lesson. If she feels consumed by your attentions and is confident you will do anything for her, she will forgive your flaws. Show no restraint, that you can't control yourself. As long as you are the slave to her charms she will submit. The Rake is Don Juan. Desire with no strings attached. His desire for you was so powerful that you had no time to consider the consequences. He might have conquered a thousand women before you. Better to be abandoned than to be undesired by such a man. He begged her to resist. An obstacle gives you a chance to prove yourself. If no obstacles face you you must create them. No seduction can proceeed without them. The rake does not care what anyone thinks. Paradoxically, this only makes him more seductive.

Last edited:

fastlife

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sex addict? That is the dumbest term ever made. It's like saying oxygen addict or water addict or money addict. It's like saying 4 hour erections require immediate medical attention.
Sex is great. I think everyone should have as much sex with as many willing women according to their inclinations and abilities with respect to our general health.

BUT there are healthy & unhealthy attachments to sex. For instance:
  • Solicitibg a sexual act sight unseen from some rando on an online personal ad, when you have a girlfriend you're in love with and who you're dependent on for support
  • Sleeping with the girlfriend of one of your all time best friends, even though you value that friendship & will be plagued with guilt for the next six months
  • Sleeping with a girl you KNOW has an incurable STD
  • Being unable to breakup with a legit psychopath, even though she's slowly disintegrating your life, since she can easily match your sex drive
  • Sleeping with busted girls at a bar, when you have a girlfriend you're in love with who you know will breakup with you if you cheat on her again
goes well beyond desire or enjoyment and indicates something PATHOLOGICAL. My friend, for instance, is ethical, loyal, generous--I could trust him with anything; I could tell him I needed his help & he'd pull an. all nighter driving cross-country & be here in the morning--BUT if I left him alone with my girlfriend he'd be powerless not to try and sleep with her.

Most of us can enjoy sex without routinely ruining our lives over it.

Billtx49

Reaction score
The movie ' Valmont ' may very well be an excellent visual example of the Rake effect…
As always though, it's best to use the seduction style that most closely matches your personality.

Last edited: