Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How do I tell my girlfriend she's a cheapskate?

jakeyboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi guys! Here's the problem...

I thought I'd be nice and get my gf the tattoo she's always wanted for her chrissie present. She raved bout it and all. So she got me some silly bracelet in return. NEVER MIND.

After that, she was going away for chrissie to Bangkok which is the land if shopping so I assumed she was gonna get me stuff from there. Especially when she said she could hardly close her suitcase from all the stuff she'd bought. Oh and I was looking after her dog for the week and it pooped all over the place. So I really thought she'd be a dear and buy me something remotely cool.

Well guess what? She got me some ****ty flimsy accessory that I'm probably never ever gonna wear.

I probably sound like a calculative d**khead but it seems as if she is unwilling to spend money on me which I find rather strange.

What do you guys think and what can I do about it? She's perfectly fine otherwise in the R/S.

Thanks in advance for the input. :)

PlaysToWin

Don Juan
Reaction score
Is she stingy when it comes to splitting the bill or taking turns to pay for the night out or things like that? She could be a cheapskate but maybe she's also just bad at buying presents. I don't think you're being too fussy though. But I'm at a loss as to what to do about it. If she's bad at present buying then maybe drop more obvious about what you want for birthdays and valentines and stuff like that?

jakeyboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PlaysToWin said:
Is she stingy when it comes to splitting the bill or taking turns to pay for the night out or things like that? She could be a cheapskate but maybe she's also just bad at buying presents. I don't think you're being too fussy though. But I'm at a loss as to what to do about it. If she's bad at present buying then maybe drop more obvious about what you want for birthdays and valentines and stuff like that?
she offers to pay for herself and stuff sometimes. no she isn't bad at buying gifts. she bought herself tons of lovely stuff. do you think that what a girl buys you reflects how much you mean to her? because that's what some of my friends said.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yup. my ex used to buy me really thoughtful or expensive presents...when our relationship soured she stopped getting me anything worth a crap or a thought. I started to do the same, no more diamond earrings and tennis braclets. She started to get coupons and 10 dollar gift cards. When she got indignant, I would just ask her....well what did you get me? She had no recourse because we both knew what the deal was.

Your chic knows you value her more than she values you. so she doesn't have to work for your approval. I would not overtly mention her crappy presents. I would probably leave them lying on the floor or let the dog play with them or something like that to show what I really think of what she gave me, and I would couple that with withdrawing my attention.

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
apparently she isn't what you want. either leave her or turn her into a fwb type deal and keep looking. Don't waste your time on a girl you don't want to stay with.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
jakeyboy said:
Hi guys! Here's the problem...

I thought I'd be nice and get my gf the tattoo she's always wanted for her chrissie present. She raved bout it and all. So she got me some silly bracelet in return. NEVER MIND.

After that, she was going away for chrissie to Bangkok which is the land if shopping so I assumed she was gonna get me stuff from there. Especially when she said she could hardly close her suitcase from all the stuff she'd bought. Oh and I was looking after her dog for the week and it pooped all over the place. So I really thought she'd be a dear and buy me something remotely cool.

Well guess what? She got me some ****ty flimsy accessory that I'm probably never ever gonna wear.

I probably sound like a calculative d**khead but it seems as if she is unwilling to spend money on me which I find rather strange.

What do you guys think and what can I do about it? She's perfectly fine otherwise in the R/S.

Thanks in advance for the input. :)
Spare me from the entitlement attitude of Gen Y. Damn spoiled brats.

Dude, do you think that Clint Eastwood would get pissed if his G/f was a tad cheap?

Women never buy appropriate gifts for men ( except sox and boxers ). They are NOT interested in buying useful stuff for us because they consider it OUR job to buy what we need (or like) for ourselves, as well as buying them as many shiny things as they can fit in their closets.

I bet your G/f bought all her girls a much nicer and more thoughful gift than she bought you, right? Women shop to indulge their feelings and slurge on themselvse... You will rarely be factored into her thinking in the mall.

Buy your own stuff dude, and dump her if she wants another tattoo.

arutha

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If a girl isn't willing to invest in a relationship it is usually a bad sign IMO... When my ex stopped buying anything for me or spending any money I knew things were going downhill, and by the same token I refused to buy her stuff because I simply wasn't willing to invest my money when things weren't going that well.