I have been fortunate enough never to have had that problem. IMO there really is only one way to fix it and that is to become social. Also as much as you hate these guys I dont suggest you don't do that crap on TV where you stand up for yourself and try and talk these jerks down because trust me it wont work ive seen it tried. Also I dont suggest you make queerish response back to them because that will only get them to make fun of you more, especially behind your back. In fact the whole reason they are making fun of you is to get a reaction. The bigger the reaction the better. Your going to have to ingore the times poeple make fun of you and even laugh about it with them. Soon they will just move on and you wont be their target. Then if you continue to go from their its really easy to become somewhat friends with them to where they will stick up for you when others make fun of you.
Here are some rules to follow that will help you make some friends: (note these are just general rules some may or may not apply to certain people)
Fist things frist get fix things about you that get made fun of
1. I strongly suggest you dont ever bring up interests that are not popular among popular kids (this may include Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, DBZ ect. when you bring up stuff like that or wear t-shirts your only asking for trouble. Even though it is actually amazing how many "popular" kids are into that stuff but just keep it quite.)
2. I obviously dont know if you are are not, but dont be a "dirty" take a shower everyday, wear deoderent & calogne, and keep your hair cut nicely with a combed style that fits your bodytype. If you have dandruff use dandruff shampoo.. shave that fuzz crap on your chin (unless you have a nice gotee going, ask a girl if you should keep or not) and under your nose...get rid of your monobrow...ect
3. If you are out of shape, then get in shape duh if there is one thing thats been very rewarding to me in life other than being able to finally attract hot girls is being fit and looking good for myself. If you have ever noticed most of the popular kids are in decent shape whereas the skinny kids and fat kids get made fun of. Get in shape, play sports (at least once to get to meet people better even if you dont particularly like the sport) you will automatically get more respect and have more confidence in yourself which is really the key to everything. I took up bodybuilding myself and couldnt be happier.
You have to socialize with everyone to be truly popular. It seems to me that thoes who arent popular seem to pick out a group of guys and label them as the cool crowd and for some reason and think they are better then them. Well I for one don't see anyone as being the coolest group because each one is different with different types of people (although i think the group with the hottest preppy girls usually gets labeled the popular group???) So when you become friends with each group (including the stoner/goth/geek groups) you exceed beyond popular. If you can be unique and be friends with all, then everyone will respect/like you, and when everyone likes you, you are number 1. =) Oh yea and being funny helps to, watch comedies for that and it will help your personality a lot. Everyone likes a funny guy.
Ok sorry how unprofessional that was, but hope it helped. This is definately my area of expertise but i have little experience giving advice on it. My only problem I ever had was being the new guy and I was kinda shy for a while, but for some reason no one made fun of me then either and were quite nice to me, in fact the first guys i started talking to were jerks who made fun of quite types with me (I never actually did the making fun i just sat back and watched which i regret now, but they didnt seem to care that they did all the work.)
Anyway im tired as fvck and am not thinking straight. Have a good time in HS bud.
I have tons of experience with making friends and being popular.
If you want more advice bro PM me or msn at
[email protected] and I be happy to help you out.