"The Kiss of Death Mistake"

You replay the conversation at 2 a.m. She texted back fast yesterday. Today, nothing. Was that smile friendly or flirty? What did the shoulder touch mean?

Every hour you spend decoding her signals drains your confidence and hands her the controls. Women can sense that insecurity from across the room — and it repels them.

One of the "22 Rules" kills the obsession on the spot: assume she likes you, and act accordingly. Sounds too simple. Works anyway.

Her interest tends to rise to meet your expectations. Psychologists call it a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Read more...

How do I get my girlfriend to dress better?

TheCloser

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 31, 2002
Messages
149
Reaction score
0
Age
46
I have an amazing relationship - we are great together - and I'm having the best time of my life. One little problem. We are at different ends of the style spectrum. Don't get me wrong, she dresses alright, but she seems to be 1) lazy about her style 2) doesn't think it's important

Scenario: She comes over to my house wearing these jeans that don't fit her very good (a little baggy, and wierd in the butt) - as soon as she shows up she says, "These look funny on me I know" (and I didn't even look at them!) So she knows that they don't look good, but she still wears them. Also, when we talk about clothes, she is resistant to buy nice stuff because she thinks "I am all about looks" and she hates conforming to anything. How can I get her to dress better???

P.S. - she's got a bangin body so it's not that she's self concious - Help please.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

Trance

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 23, 2004
Messages
590
Reaction score
0
Age
45
Location
Portugal
You know how gorgeous she is, and you're the one who can undress her anytime you want. You may say you'd like her to dress better and even use mini-skirts, makeup and stuff like that, but then you'd have like 10x more guys harassing her, and the odds of losing her someday increase a lot. Think about this.
 

butterflybliss

New Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2004
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Okay, i'm at work and shouldnt be in all these pages, but I wanted to give you my insight, from a girls point of view.

If your girl, tells you her pants look a little funny right? Its because she probably knows it but has no clue how to find a good pair of jeans. AS all women will attest, jeans were not created all equal. There are good ones and many, many bad ones that will make even the best bodies look distorted.

I'm originally from NJ and yes, us Jersey girls have a bad rap for big hair and no fashion sense (atleast we use to) and I moved from there to Miami (big,big switch). My X was fashion conscious and I was just coming into my own when I met him. I was then about 110 lbs, 5.5, small waist okay you get the picture, and I hid a lot of it because I didn't know what I had at the time.

However, the reason why i'm even writing (this isn't about me, its about your girl) is because it IS a very delicate situation. At the time, I remember my X would look me up and down without saying a word but I sensed a little (oh God!) when I guess I wore the wrong thing.

Can I tell you we married and the single most hurtful thing i can remember was the way he would silently be disgusted with my choice of clothes.

We are divorced now, I've lost almost all the baby fat (I have a 3 year old girl) and I finally understand what looks good on my bodyframe. My style is totally revamped, I finally have my own sense of style.

So, maybe you can look through magazines together and tell her how good she would look in this or that and if you know what would look good on her, why don't you buy her an outfit as a present. See how good she feels and looks in it and she will thank you, trust me.

As for worrying about other men looking at her, its enevitable it will happen. But trust me, if she is into you no other guys drooling over her new found bod will matter over you.

Hope this helps.
 

Vigilante7

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 5, 2003
Messages
247
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Originally posted by butterflybliss


However, the reason why i'm even writing (this isn't about me, its about your girl) is because it IS a very delicate situation.

The only good sentence in that whole life story....thanks for wasting 3 min of my time



















:D
 

butterflybliss

New Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2004
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Well i'm glad you had something positive to contribute to his problem. I went into my life story because I was "that girl" at one time. Thought it would help him, we all do our best.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 16, 2003
Messages
1,962
Reaction score
21
Location
toronto
so much AFC advice here it isnt funny.
The way you do this is simple. You point out things that you like on other girls you see while you are with her. She will dress better to keep your eyes on her.
 

DJnomore

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 16, 2004
Messages
172
Reaction score
0
Been there done that

And trust me
If you think calling your girl ugly is a bad idea...
Be very very careful about calling her look ugly.

Or better yet be happy with what you have cause I suspect you will be willing to accept the current situation once she has left you...

I was *snif*

lol
 

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 16, 2003
Messages
1,962
Reaction score
21
Location
toronto
Re: Been there done that

Originally posted by DJnomore
And trust me
If you think calling your girl ugly is a bad idea...
Be very very careful about calling her look ugly.

Or better yet be happy with what you have cause I suspect you will be willing to accept the current situation once she has left you...

I was *snif*

lol
THIS IS TOTALY USELESS ADVICE! You sound like a man that is whiped.

Don't worry about how she will feel. that is her problem.
 

Speed Demond

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 25, 2003
Messages
165
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
ontario canada
00kevin is right...when you see something hot on a chick point it out to her...make her know you want it..and she'll mostelikely do it! having girls whipped is fun! lol thats ALMOST our whole purpose on this site..lol Any ways yeah....i always tell girls what turns me on ..like short skirts...wow...thats amazing ****t! and they always dress to impress..!! so thats that!
 

Austin Allegro

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 3, 2003
Messages
615
Reaction score
1
Age
54
Location
London, UK
I have to say, in my long dating history, girls that were not that interested in me, or who wanted me whipped in my AFC days, tended not to care what they looked like when they were with me. You know - stubbly legs, greying bras, etc. But the ones that were really into me - not only did they dress well with good lingerie etc, they actually ASKED me what I liked girls to wear and dressed accordingly.

So if you don't like the way your gf looks and it really is an issue to you, just do what someone else says and casually point out a look you like. Girls pull this shyt all the time on men themselves.

But beware...next time you have a row it will be brought up!
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
Be her pimp and buy her a ahole new wardrobe!:D Dare a DJ say, go shopping with her.

Write Oprah Winfrey and tell her your girl needs a 'makeover'!

You can't 'make' her dress better, you must make her 'want' to dress better!
 
Top