How do I get her to "get over herself"

T Money

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So I dated this chick for about 2 months, then she broke it off, saying we moved too fast, and she needs time. I called her once and then left a myspace message.

I think this girl thinks i'm like crying myself to sleep every night because I don't have her. I do want to still date her, and she is awesome in bed, but I'm not like all emotional about it.

I want her to know that i'm doing fine without her company, but I still want things to be cool between her and I. I dont want to burn any bridges, because she's actually a really cool chick.

I'm thinking about just going into her work and talking to her and making sure we're on good terms, because we left on good terms, but after 2 weeks of no contact, i'm starting to think we're not. Any advice appreciated.

There's more to the story but i'll stop there.

vp171s

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like you care more than you let on.
Two weeks is nothing anyway. Plus if you left on good terms, let her come to you. If she doesn't, clearly you're wasting your time.

Think about it. You did nothing to burn any bridges. So if she decides to burn bridges, that is her right and her perogative. And if that is what happens, let it go and move on.

The more you call or try to contact her while shes not in the "mood", the more annoying and needy you're becoming.

T Money

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah but I think she thinks i'm depressed.

I just want to talk to her in person in a good mood and let her know that i'm fine without her (because I know girls, she'll come running back).

vp171s

Don Juan
Reaction score
T Money said:
Yeah but I think she thinks i'm depressed.

I just want to talk to her in person in a good mood and let her know that i'm fine without her (because I know girls, she'll come running back).
If you ask me, that is faulty logic. By not trying to convince her you're not depressed she gets it! On the other hand if you try to convince her, then that might raise doubts for her.

Girls all vary on the "attention *****" scale. If you don't provide her attention she will start to wonder how the hell you managed to get over her THIS quickly.

T Money

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Aight, i'll take your word for it. Thing is, i'm moving like 2 hours away in 2 weeks and I wanted to see her before I go. But, if she wants to, she'll contact me.

Thanks fellas.

WC2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You know what they say.. a woman can read a man 10x better than a man can read a woman. Once you put on an act and tell her you're not depressed over her, you better bet your ass she's going to know you're depressed. It's better to just get on with life and let her come to you.

Reaction score
Don't fret kid - you were just the next pimp in line!!!!!!!!! She is chomping on someone else's penis and has no time for your penis - you must realize that this is what hors do!!!

Say "No" to hos!!!!!!!!!!

BuckwildNYC

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
One of the hardest things for a guy to deal with is the fact that a girl doesn't want him. It's such a blast to the ego. You feel like such a loser. Here's what I do to feel better about myself. Make a list in your mind. A list of girls that you were VERY successful with. Hopefully you have a couple. Some chick that was madly in love with you and you had to cut her a$$ off. Or some girl that had an orgasm everytime you banged her and thought u were a God in bed. Then when a girl flakes on you or dumps you, just remind yourself that there have been girls out there that thought u were the MAN. If you can successfully conquer one chick, then u have what it takes to conquer any chick. Too many guys focus on the girls that dump them and forget about all the successful conquests. Focus on the positives and forget the negatives. It may be easier said than done but with a little practice you'll get there.

flexion_

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow - you aren't being honest with yourself here. You need to get over her its not the other way around. Trust us all - she is over you.

DO NOT GO TO WORKPLACE. Do not call her. Do not attempt to make any contact with her. If you want to show her you have moved on with your life then just do that - move on with your life.