"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

How do I change this behavior?

tom121

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 28, 2004
Messages
334
Reaction score
0
I noticed I tend to fall for women who talk to me, I mean like if a decent looking girl around my age ask for me direction on the street, I would think she is hitting on me; or a girl just come talks to me while at school, I would be one thinking "ohh this girl likes me." If a girl says some flirty things, I would think she is onto me, but I guess after they got the attention they wanted, they don't want me anymore. They will be just like "oh sorry I thought we were just friends."


but that doesn't happen to the un-attracted girls that is not type, I also don't attract to the a "10" girl which I would be thinking "oh my she is hot and too good for me, next!" I would think she is out of my league.


I can't help but day dreams a lot, I dream about cuddling, kissing, making out, etc. It could be girl #1 today, it could be girl #2 tomorrow, etc. I just can't help myself. It always changes when I get a attention from a girl.


I realize if I find a girl I truly like, I would think about her all the time, I wouldn't check out or look at other girls.


WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME? I know I am desperate, I never had a gf, I got ONS before. I don't have any REAL female friends, well at least I had one before and I thought there was something between us, and I was wrong.


What can I do to change my desperate behavior?
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 17, 2004
Messages
4,413
Reaction score
296
Location
UK
I know exactly what you are talking about as it used to happen to me a lot and I know a number of guys it still happens to. I'd talk to a girl one day start to imagine being with her and end up thinking about her non-stop.

It stopped happening when I started college and began socialising with more women. Before then, talking to any attractive woman was a big deal, but now I have dozens of female friends and acquaintances and I'll talk to any woman with ease.

I think you just need to make more platonic female friends.
 

ToughGuy

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 4, 2004
Messages
96
Reaction score
0
Women want what they can not have!!

Repeat this thought for half hour daily for three months.

"women want what she can not have"
you would probably loose the desperation or atleast would control it more easily.

Yours
Tuffy
 

thefonz

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 14, 2004
Messages
1,143
Reaction score
13
Age
44
Location
Pittsburgh
brotha, buddy, pal, amigo......find a passion, pursue a career or school goal/ physical goal with capital 10 on focus and desire......this is a must to get women out of your head, fonzie has been there "I feel your pain" - Slick Willy

You dont need women, women are hornier than we are (yes you heard that right) they are hornier than us.....when you have that look on your face of determination, the philospohy of nothing is gonna stand inbetween me and this goal of becoming an engineer/doctor/architect etc when will retract from your mind from those B*tches, they will want your balls with a steamy wet desirous "i will do anything to please you" passion, and you know what the great thing is.....you could care less.... you could care less because there are far more important things in life than girls who act in pathetic attempt to seduce guys.......that my friend is a priceless feeling that i will UNTIL THE DAY I DIE refuse to trade for anything in the world....
 

tom121

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 28, 2004
Messages
334
Reaction score
0
so am I suppose to act like I don't like her and not interested in her? what if she doesn't interest in me after that?
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

FunkyMillion

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 3, 2003
Messages
54
Reaction score
0
Age
44
i know what you're going through.. i feel the same way but if you really think about it... girls are girls, they are everywhere.. why worry about them when you're focussed on yourself and your own goals... never lose sight of your dreams in life, you control your own future.
 

tom121

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 28, 2004
Messages
334
Reaction score
0
it's really hard to focus

I now have a choice

1) go to art school in Canada, get a degree and go back to my home country to have a high-paying job

2) go back to my home country (Taiwan), get a low-paying job and going to art school


now heres the problem

1) It is very expensive ($10000/yr), an year and half course

2) I don't know if they will accept me because I only have grade 6 in Mandarin, it often requires you to go to high school before I enter the art school, so I'd have to take night schools.. then there's another problem, low paying job, I can't get any good job unless I finish university with a degree...


now I am sure you will say go for #1 but the thing is I don't want to stay in Canada, I miss Taiwan, I want to spend rest of my "adult" life there but thing is if I don't get a good degree here in Canada, I am worth **** in Taiwan. Plus I am only a high school graduate in Canada and grade 6 in Taiwan.
 
Top