Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How did you get off rock bottom? (long)

Safari

Don Juan
Reaction score
Initially via "The System" and then this board, I've picked up countless tips and techniques, although my results have been limited. In fact, my luck is only slightly better than when I was a "natural" AFC and not always analyzing and focusing on techniques.

I have certainly been able to read body language far better and spot phonies and flakes a mile away. I've saved a lot of time and money for sure. But my recurring observation is, at least around where I live, they ALL exhibit these negative qualities. The misogynist in me is really beginning to sprout, and this is not good.

For example, one girl, who thought I was just trying to get laid (yes, but not JUST) made it clear she wasn't that kind of girl. A few months later she actively pursued and f*cked one of my bandmates, who publicly has three other girls in his rotation. (FYI this guy is very obese, has no job, and also lives at home, but still has confidence and pulls them in hand-over-fist.)

A second girl simply dated me once to get her BF jealous to get back together, which worked.

A third I hooked up with had sky high IL, after I had worked a slow, methodical seduction for weeks. She went cold and distant the very day after we spent the night together, and that was that.

I've found high IL women that I've turned down, because I didn't find them attractive, but I've never, ever increased the IL of an indifferent, attractive woman. I can tell from first eye contact whether I'm in or not, and I prove it to myself so often I sometimes just don't bother.

I've followed the principle of focusing on myself first, picking up some things I've always wanted to try, including kayaking and golf, and been making steady gains at the gym. My band is becoming very successful, and I'm one of the top musicians around here on my instrument. But no dice. I rarely see women listening to live music. The ratio is at least 20 to 1. For them, it is just drink, drink, drink, and this doesn't appeal to me. I know many women...but zero that don't drink or smoke.

One hangup is that I have been unable to find work for a year, like many of us former dot-commers. This has forced me back home, which is a double whammy where confidence is concerned. And this is a small town, where the dating pool is shallow at best.

Oh, and I just put my dog of 14 years (since seventh grade) down.

I sense that there is some missing piece of the puzzle that I am just not getting somehow.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Presentation

It appears you need to work on your *presentation*, i.e., the image you project.

If you're in a band, forchrissakes, and *still* not attracting women you find attractive, either your standards are ridiculous, or you need to work on developing a sharper, more confident, charismatic presence.

Presence and appearance are the *first* things that attract women. The next step is to learn how to manage personal space and kino to amplify the vibe and get a gal really hot for you.

Don Rageta

Don Juan
Reaction score
Brother you sound like you are prone to ONEITIS.

although it sounds like you have read much of the dj bible and the rest of this site it also sounds like you have overlooked something. Using tips and techniques is one thing but you must learn some key concepts. You should work on your attitude and self-confidence level because when you say you can meet a girl and know she will never be into you, you've lost before you started. if you haven't lately reread the dj bible. good luck

aguynamedwill

Don Juan
Reaction score
i don't know what the economics are like where you live, but settle for a lesser paying job that you can at least stand, then get out of your parents home and support yourself. the satisfaction in doing this alone should make you feel much better about yourself. i had my own business and it collapsed on me. moved in with relatives, and they helped me get a job (which i still have and even got a promotion) and i'm supporting myself again. i want to be self-employed again, and i will be, but i have to wait.

also, if you haven't met the kind of women you are looking for, you are looking in the WRONG PLACES! there's all types of women, everywhere. Try looking in other places. Bookstores, for example. go out to your nearest city. MOVE to your nearest city (once you can afford it, of course).

I'm sorry about your loss. take time to mourn and remember the good times.

-Will

Shadow Dancer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"I sense that there is some missing piece of the puzzle that I am just not getting somehow."

The missing piece is the balls you lack. Grow some.

Okay, that was harsh, I know. But you need to snap out of this funk, man.

From your post it's obvious why you've had trouble. Your words practically SCREAM "Please, walk all over me!". I can only imagine what it must be like in real life.

What I would do (and have done) is take some time out. Be alone for a while. Learn to enjoy being alone. Enjoy your own company and like who you are. Find an activity that makes you happy i.e. Running, Martial arts, walking, biking, swimming, debating, chess, dancing..etc etc. Preferrably this should be something that gets you outside of your house and around others. Not so you have to become their friend. Just so you'll get used to social situations and enoying yourself in them. Start talking to people, especially women with absolutely no intention of taking things further than the initial conversation.

You'll find that you'll soon easily talk to people, and they will enjoy being around you. Why? Because YOU like you.

I feel your pain about the lay offs. I was laid off from my position with Visa International. My friends were laid off from Cisco. So you're not alone. Right now I'm working as a damn Security Guard! hahaha. But ya know what? I'm cool with that so when I meet hot women, they're cool with it too. Stop making excuses (no job, etc) and go for it.

-Shadow

trajhenkhet

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
How often have you dated? Technically this really is a numbers game. Take notice of what works and won't don't when you date.

es_mer8

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I just hit rock bottom. About two weeks ago, I realized that I practically wasted all of my HS time. I never got a single date, I had an occasional friend who was a girl because I AFC'ed so much to her to try to get her to like me sexually that we just became friends, and physically, due to me eating a lot at night, I gained 15 pounds in about 2 months. At that point I nearly stopped weightlifting and I heard about how one of the fattest and one of the dumbest of my friends got laid by a semi attractive female (6.5) I hit rock bottom pretty quickly because I realized that girls will never come up to me so its time for a change.

The change was literally this site. I read through the DJ Boot Camp Week 1 like it was a religion. I started to make more mental changes. I had to be the aggressive one. Women will never go up to me, namely the hot ones, so I got to get used to being presentable. Then I signed up on the forum and I quickly got a little weight plan set up in which just the first week alone I successfully lost 6 pounds. Since I drank a gallon of water a night, started to lift more (to lose more weight, I'm not doing anything real heavy), and started doing the HIIT, I'm starting to gain some confidence to where I can go up to girls now and talk to them as if it was nothing. Thats what I need. So I'm getting out of that slump slowly but surely.