Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How did you find "IT"?

Reaction score
You know, that thing inside you that gets you up in the morning when working out is the furthest thing from what your body wants. That thing inside you that helps you turn down eating junk every time you pass a McDonalds, so you can go home and heat up your chicken and brown rice. The part of you that squeezes out every last rep when your body just wants to fail beneath the weight.

What keeps you all going?

john_x

Don Juan
Reaction score
depends on how much u wont it..right down what will happen in the long term if u dont complete ur goals,, if the result its nothing, then u are not lightely to complete them,, the worse it is(not completing them) the more ull wont to complete them!

nic

Don Juan
Reaction score
it's in front of your mirror. watch it change and 'it' becomes stronger :cool:

Phat

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
self control.

gav

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
vanity. i mean i must look in the mirror more than anyone else on the planet

if i miss a workout, miss a meal, eat junk i feel really guilty

and it's not a logical experience. stop thinking about it, just let go and do it. my trance music gets me in this state more often than not

Reaction score
Having a goal that is stronger than your dirty habit.

Haven't you watched supersize me? Don't you know how dirty the **** you put inside yourself is?

Cougar10033

Don Juan
Reaction score
I never want to go back to the way i looked when i was younger. All i ate was fast food, junk food and an crap. My "it" has always been anger. When i am angry i accomplish great things in the gym and in the sports i play. I know that eatting tons of clean protein, Low GI carbs, and healthy fats i have an advantage over most people. I also enjoy when everyone in the gym asks me what im taking/eatting/drinking to get the way i look.

C00L

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ill eat junk food sometimes and not feel guilty. Im not a bodybuilder so whats it matter. i lift to get bigger and ripped but it doesnt mean i cant enjoy a burger here an there.

tyciol

Don Juan
Reaction score
Self-discipline and hatred.

Though to be quite honestly I still haven't found 'it'. There is no 'it', it's just keeping with it over time and keeping attitudes nad practises that make it easier.

*has some ice cream*

Austizzle

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've made some serious gains since I started lifting a couple of years ago. I'm 5'8''160 now (I was 130 when I started two years ago), it's a lot harder to gain weight than before so sometimes I get angry and wonder if it is all worth it. The confidence boost that lifting has brought to me is definitely what keeps me going though. Girls look actually pay attention to me instead of before when I was just the average guy.

It's a good feeling to be in shape, that is for sure! <--- basically what keeps me going, even though I have a tendency to slack off here and there :p

RaWBLooD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by The Living Legend
You know, that thing inside you that gets you up in the morning when working out is the furthest thing from what your body wants. That thing inside you that helps you turn down eating junk every time you pass a McDonalds, so you can go home and heat up your chicken and brown rice. The part of you that squeezes out every last rep when your body just wants to fail beneath the weight.

What keeps you all going?
i bought some pop tarts and i was sick of eating them before i finished, then i tried chocolate and i also didnt want to finish it, i laso ate chocolate pudding, and other than liking the cream i didnt like it, and it made me feel hungrier after eating,

junk food sux.

ya i was testing myself today cause i havent eaten junk like that since i was a kid, i still eat chips when i find them, but i dont go buying them either.

chicken n rice taste great.

and finishing a rep just means that in time youll have more muscles be leaner and be able to eat even more.

RaWBLooD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by C00L
Ill eat junk food sometimes and not feel guilty. Im not a bodybuilder so whats it matter. i lift to get bigger and ripped but it doesnt mean i cant enjoy a burger here an there.
mcdonalds makes me sick, i love potatoes tho so i can stomache fries with some ketchup n salt once in a while.

RaWBLooD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by gav
vanity. i mean i must look in the mirror more than anyone else on the planet

if i miss a workout, miss a meal, eat junk i feel really guilty

and it's not a logical experience. stop thinking about it, just let go and do it. my trance music gets me in this state more often than not
guilty? if i dont eat for 3 hours i am starving. music is good stuff.
:woo:

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Chicken and brown rice?

Didn't notice this at first, but while eating 'clean' has its virtues, remember you guys should be in this for the long term, factor in junk food, ice cream, all the kinds of food you like to eat. Don't eat **** everyday but don't feel deprived either.

A lot of people fail in this sport because they can't stick to what they think is 'the' diet, that is dry tuna, chicken breast, brown rice, oats, etc.. these foods have their virtues for sure, but there's no need to feel deprived.

I remember, when I first got into all of this, I was thinking I'd never eat chocolate or junk again but eventually I found I could factor them in easily without hurting my gains or leanness (having nearly driven myself crazy in the process, turning down dates and nights out with my friends because they might have a drink, politely refusing homebaked cake made by my mother/grandmother for me..).

For example, I have jam (simple sugars, eeeek!) on my oatmeal, regularly (say daily) eat whole eggs and plenty of red meat, I don't skimp on stuff like ketchup or chilli sauce or mustard (but don't drown my food in it either), I'll go through a packet of wagon wheels once in a while, hell yesterday I ate a whole tub of ice cream (we were having a bbq and had a few tubs, it was gonna melt in the sun, the poor thing..). But I (and you) can do all of this and NOT hurt your physique as long as you're intelligent about it, do your cardio when necessary, don't boatload the carbs in the evening, don't mix food categories if you're sensitive to that sort of thing..

I've got the outline of my abs and maintain that level of bodyfat, that's where I'm comfortable with myself.

If you're dieting for a show or really want to get ripped then yes, you'll have to do the tuna and rice diet unless you're really gifted (read: hurricane-like metabolism, in which case it doesn't really matter what you eat!), but otherwise none of you guys should feel like you're abstaining or are deprived just because you wanna look good..

There is a balance in all of this, bottom line. Remember the long run: this body is yours for life, and unless you can survive on chicken breast and oatmeal (actually a nice combination) forever then pay me no heed and do so .. otherwise fellas, find that balance, not just for your physical wellbeing but your mental health too.