Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How can I Monetize my Passion?

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So for those of you who know me, I’m studying Computer Science by day at University. However, I’m also a violinist and I produce beats as well.

I’d like to have a couple of “side hustles” and make some money off these as well. Any ideas on what I could do with that? I’ve considered playing in an Orchestra, selling my beats, or getting good enough to be signed to a label. Any ideas?

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe scoring films or documentaries? So many films use classical sounds and hip hop beats.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you join an orchestra somebody there would probably have a connection to film makers. Let them know you're interested and be available if and when they call for some extra help. Build on that.

As for beats get on soundcloud and start promoting, both virtually and in person.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd try to sell beats through the online site for a small amount of money and add some info that every purchase support your work and make you able to record and upload more. Be kewl about it.

I'm not an entrepreneur but I'm good at evaluating offers and how to make my offer the best offer in different situations and the lesson I learned during my life is to keep your expectations real and that ability to obtain several small victories is better than one big win.

Also think about recording something to upload it on SoundCloud or Spotify to gain social awareness and learn some basic IP rights that you have with regard to the tracks/samples you want to sell.
Good idea! Starting small, right?
If you join an orchestra somebody there would probably have a connection to film makers. Let them know you're interested and be available if and when they call for some extra help. Build on that.

As for beats get on soundcloud and start promoting, both virtually and in person.
Yeah, I can start on the beats now. Practicing and learning to make a professional product too.

For film scores, I’d need to have a greater understanding of Classical Composition also.

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can try uploading samples of your music to youtube and have it monetized. And people contract you to create custom beats if they like your work.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
keep your expectations real and that ability to obtain several small victories is better than one big.
^^This is key.

And in real life it works better, even big companies uses this stratagem when entering into a new geographical area.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Honestly, even if I could just make some extra cash by selling beats to supplement my income, that’d be great. I know that some people have made good money from that. Rap beats would probably be the most viable path since that’s what’s popular these days. Although I’m sure other types of music could work too. The first step is making my music professional, along with getting a cheap/portable yet still effective audio setup. I can also research business plans for selling beats and begin to market.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For the violin, I’m not gonna worry too much about getting a job right now. For the next few months, I’m just going to elevate the quality of my playing as high as I possibly can.

Soflobro#3

Banned
Reaction score
For the violin, I’m not gonna worry too much about getting a job right now. For the next few months, I’m just going to elevate the quality of my playing as high as I possibly can.
See you sound like an oreo or a black conservative

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Violin rap! No one else is doing that. If I was going to make music, I would try to build my own instrument that no one else has. Then no one can copy you.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Violin rap! No one else is doing that. If I was going to make music, I would try to build my own instrument that no one else has. Then no one can copy you.
Hip hop violinists are actually surprisingly common lol. But I’m open to playing any kind of music