Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How BodyBuilders get Big!

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It seems like today, everyone is crying out Steriods! when they see a guy who has achieved more physical greatness than them. It is true that some guys do use steriods, but there is such thing as Natural bodybuilders and Drug Free powerlifters.

Now the BodyBuilding Industry is a Multi-Million, probably even a billion dollar business, that wants to sell you on the; latest exercise, diet, supplement, equipment and what program Jason Cutler or Ronnie Coleman is doing this month. What they don't tell you is how they actually got big.

BodyBuilders didn't get big by simply doing lighter weights, higher reps and isolation movements. All that does is; Shape, sculpt, seperate and porpotion the muscles of the finished product. If you don't have a good Foundation and the necessary Mass, then you dont have the muscles to cut down and define. Which is why so many advanced bodybuilders are using isolation exercises

So, how do you first build mass? By using multi-joit compound movements and lifting heavy. Such as Squats, Bench Press, Deadlifts, Overhead Press, Power Cleans and Barbell Rows.... Your probably saying "I dont want to be a powerlifter or lift heavy weights, I want to look good on the beach!" Well, how do you expect to gain any strength or size playing with a 20 pound dumbbell the next two years!? Look back to the golden-era of bodybuilding and look at Arnold Schwarzenegger and Franco Columbu. Both of them were powerlifters before they started bodybuilding. My Idol (Arnold) started weight training at the age of 15 and like most old shool lifters, he trained for strength. After four years of heavy, dedicated weight lifting, Arnold got huge! Then he turned to bodybuilding and shaping his muscles.

Bottom line is you have to lift heavy and use compound movements to get big. Now if your main goal isnt being strong or lifting as much as you can, thats okay. You can still do a bodybuilding program and gain muscle as long as you incorporate some heavy lifting or power training once a week and add some compound lifts into your program.

Remember, you arent going to get big in just 6 months, its a life long commitment. Most successful guys busted their a$$ for 10 years or more to get where they are. So, set some goals and work hard, if your already seeing some gains and progression, think how much more you'll gain in the next 8 months, a year, 3 years and ect.

Good Luck!

-DJ Krueg

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
In my opinion 100 percent of todays elite professional bbs are on steroids...im talking strictly ifbb..they dont even test for steroids.
I will agree with you Espi that alot of those BB's probably are on roids.

When I look at Arnold, who did admit to taking small doses of AAS, Only when he was a competition level Body Builder and were legally prescribed to him by a doctor.. He only used them 1-2 weeks (Out of a whole year) before a competition for "Muscle Maintenance" during his cutting phase. Arnold weighed in at 235lbs, compared to todays Ronnie Coleman weighing 295lbs - looking bloated and disgusting. I don't believe steriods made Arnold. Arnold trained for strength, power and served 1 year in the Austrian Army. If someone trained properly and dedicated for four years, like Arnold did. I bet anyone could look like he did. His genetics probably played a role but, look at guys before him who were just as big in the pre-steriod era.. I also believe the only way to achieve such size and mass is training with heavy weights - heavy to your strength level.

Note: I'm not arguing with you Espi, you given me great advice and I respect you. This is just what I believe.

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Krueg said:
I will agree with you Espi that alot of those BB's probably are on roids.

When I look at Arnold, who did admit to taking small doses of AAS, Only when he was a competition level Body Builder and were legally prescribed to him by a doctor.. He only used them 1-2 weeks (Out of a whole year) before a competition for "Muscle Maintenance" during his cutting phase. Arnold weighed in at 235lbs, compared to todays Ronnie Coleman weighing 295lbs - looking bloated and disgusting. I don't believe steriods made Arnold. Arnold trained for strength, power and served 1 year in the Austrian Army. If someone trained properly and dedicated for four years, like Arnold did. I bet anyone could look like he did. His genetics probably played a role but, look at guys before him who were just as big in the pre-steriod era.. I also believe the only way to achieve such size and mass is training with heavy weights - heavy to your strength level.

Note: I'm not arguing with you Espi, you given me great advice and I respect you. This is just what I believe.
It's true without a doubt steroids don't make the person and their training and diet played a crucial role. But when amateur bodybuilders today are bigger than some of the greatest bodybuilders several decades ago, you know that the industry is widespread on the juice.

Also training for 4 years and looking like:

http://garinkilpatrick.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/arnold-flexing1.png
http://www.discount-lenses.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/schwarzenegger-prime.jpg

with the mass AND vascularity at Arnold's height of 6"1 is nothing short of a miracle. 4 Years WILL get extreme results if done right but nowhere near Arnold level, that's just a lie.

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ArcBound said:
It's true without a doubt steroids don't make the person and their training and diet played a crucial role. But when amateur bodybuilders today are bigger than some of the greatest bodybuilders several decades ago, you know that the industry is widespread on the juice.

http://www.discount-lenses.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/schwarzenegger-prime.jpg

with the mass AND vascularity at Arnold's height of 6"1 is nothing short of a miracle. 4 Years WILL get extreme results if done right but nowhere near Arnold level, that's just a lie.
Well, I don't mean you can look like that in four years. What I meant to say is that from age 15-19 he was a powerlifter. After training heavy for 4 years, that is what built him up. So, by the time he was 20 years old and built a solid foundation of un-cut mass, weighing about 240lbs. Then, he turned to bodybuilding and strated to shape and define his muscles. Arnold was probably 27 years old in those pics ( 10+ Years of training )

When I see StrongMen standing 6'3 and weighing almost 400 pounds. Think how they could look if they turned to bodybuilding.

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ArcBound said:

To some degree, but then again, think about the dude's genetics, and the fact that he was spending his entire day doing nothing but training, eating and sleeping (mostly). ANYONE can become a monster doing that.