Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How big of a disadvantage is hairloss when trying to be a dj?

steve30

Reaction score
I'm 30 years old and from what I've experienced, women seem to care about a man's hair second to height if not more than height.
Case in point, I was at a bar last week with a friend and ended up dancing for over an hour with a solid 7-8 and our conversation seemed to be going well. My friend was dancing with her friend and started making out with her. I tried to make a move on my date as well but she pulled away and said that she wanted to go get a drink. To make a long story short, at the end of the night my friend got her friend's number but I was unable to get her number as she told me that I was cool and fun but she is taking a break from men for awhile.
I found out a week later from my friend that the the woman who he was with said that her friend wasn't really interested in me because she doesn't really go for balding guys. She is 28, by the way and I had always thought that it was mainly younger women who are turned off by hairloss. I'm 5'9" in height and I've received compliments on my build as I work out regularly and eyes but I have also had an increasing number of women make comments about my hair even though I keep my hair short and I've been told that is the best look for me by 2 different female stylists. I tried the bald look once about a year ago but unfortunately it doesn't look right on me because I have more of an oval head shape and fuller lips. I'm a white guy too btw.
So my question is, have any of you with hairloss noticed problems attracting women since your hairloss became noticeable? I'm the same person I've always been i.e. I've been told that I'm intelligent, good sense of humor and I'm also pretty good with neg hits but ever since I've developed basically a widow's peak, the way that some women talk to and respond to me seems to be in a condescending way even when I'm confident which is most of the time.

WaterTiger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Vin Deisel, Bruce Willis, Yul Brenner, Telly Savales are all bald STUDS! Baldness is only a problem if you let it be. Buzz you hair to a 1/2 inch or so. Remind this silly girls that male pattern baldness is caused by excess testosterone and she damn well better be able to keep up with you in bed! Stop worrying about your hair and worry about your self-confidence and your game!

steve30

Reaction score
I also posted this in another forum but I turned 30 a few months ago and ever since my hairloss started accelerating a year ago, I've had a hard time attracting women no matter how I act. I've been told that I'm intelligent, good sense of humor and good with neg hits at the right time yet my success with women has greatly decreased. I'm 5'9" which isn't short and I work out 3times a week doing cardio and lifting weights so that isn't my problem. I tried shaving my head and getting a tan since I'm a white guy but that look didn't work for me as I have more of an oval shaped head and fuller lips. But basically to anyone who has some degree of hairloss, how has it affected your success with women if at all?

dirtyvibe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
so damaging that the best pua inthe world is bald

LA_Chico

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
mature forum bro alright

kyphan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm losing my hair slowly but surely, and if anyone mentions it - it's typically me cracking a joke at myself! Seriously, if a girl is not into you over your hair loss then find one who does not care. It's the same as her not liking your shoes, your build, your complexion, or anything else about your looks. Find the ones that ARE FINE WITH IT.

Master Bates

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WaterTiger said:
Vin Deisel, Bruce Willis, Yul Brenner, Telly Savales are all bald STUDS! Baldness is only a problem if you let it be. Buzz you hair to a 1/2 inch or so. Remind this silly girls that male pattern baldness is caused by excess testosterone and she damn well better be able to keep up with you in bed! Stop worrying about your hair and worry about your self-confidence and your game!
Fact is, some men just look a lot better with the bald/buzzed look than other men do. It's not a good option for everyone.

Remind this silly girls that male pattern baldness is caused by excess testosterone and she damn well better be able to keep up with you in bed!
That's just silly. There's more to it than "excess testosterone". Some of the most fit, healthy and athletic people in the world have perfect hair.

You're just going to have to find women who don't care. It will decrease your pool of women, but you just gotta deal with it. How much hair have you lost? What are you on the norwood scale? There are definitely things you can do about it. Take propecia or avodart if you don't mind the idea of screwing around with your hormones and the "slight" risk of sexual side effects. There are tons of topical that have been proven to help thicken up hair. Even laser combs are the real deal and have helped some people thicken up their hair. The active ingredient in the dandruff shampoo Nizoral has been shown to slow down hairloss and help thicken up hair when used every few days. Depending on your level fo baldness, it is possible for you to reverse some of your hairloss and decrease the "balding" look. Check out the hairlosshelp.com or hairlosstalk.com forums.

wayword

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Neil Strauss went bald, cuz he was heavily balding. He doesn't look bad bald, so it was a better option for him. But, to go bald or buzzed, you need an aesthetically-shaped skull.

If you lack that, and hair, I guess your options kinda suck.

Maybe that's why they have the Hair Club for Men?

Master Bates

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hair Club for Men I've heard is a scam. Don't go to them. Research forums like the ones I listed and come up with a regimen that suits yourself, or if you really need to, get a hair transplant.

Master Bates

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know much about hair transplants, but I think the hairs are taken from an area like the back of the neck (which will grow back). As for the rest of your hair falling out, that's just something you have to deal with. Hair transplants are more for people whose hair loss has has pretty much halted or "under control". Someone could stop their hairloss and thicken up the hair they have with propecia or avodart or minoxidil, fill in the bald areas with a hair transplant, and continue holding off further hairloss with propecia or whatever.

Genghis Juan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've lost most of my hair and now shave my head. Like you, I'm also white, but thankfully my face and head-shape works well for it. Whether you have full lips or not doesn't matter; not sure where you got that idea.

I'll take your word that the "shaved-head" look doesn't work for you. You are also in the phase where you're not bald, but balding, which is even more of a turn-off to women than bald. You also have the best possible hair cut you could get.

Realistically, hair-loss IS going to reduce the theoretical "pool" of women that will be interested in you regardless of their age group. While you can count on it becoming less of an issue as women age in the aggregate, there will always be a portion of them that will be turned-off. Keep in mind, that every man's dating pool is limited by dozens of factors. When you get turned down by a girl, it won't always be due to your hairloss. It could be your height, eye color, job, clothing, personality, nose, smell, etc. So regardless of the reason for the rejection, the DJ game remains the same. Look in the DJ Bible, there is an entire section about dealing with rejection. Just apply those lessons here as well.

This is much easier said than done, but rather than lose sleep over the women that have an issue with your hair-loss, lose sleep over the women that don't. Only worry about the things that you have control over. Eventually, you have to develop a strength to not worry about it.

To keep it in perspective, baldness is not as big of a problem as height. I would much rather be tall with a good body build and face, than a shorty at 5'7". Its also not as big of a problem as being overweight. Its not as big of a problem as being an unattractive man. Its also nowhere near as big of a problem as being a slacker with a crappy job.

I don't have a problem getting dates with attractive women, and don't sweat the ones that aren't interested in me.

Ultimately, you have to find the solution (i.e. shaving head, hair piece, transplant, accepting it, etc.) that works best for you. It will take some time, so do your homework and experiment.

The most important thing of all; however, is DO NOT let it ruin your confidence and negatively affect the other parts of your life. Unfortunately, most men who lose their hair don't cope with it well, and live a self-fulfilling prophecy of gloom and doom. Losing your hair will reduce your dating pool a bit, but losing your confidence and not fulfilling your life's potential will reduce your dating pool by alot more than hair-loss ever could.

thesynergist

Don Juan
Reaction score
Master Bates said:
Fact is, some men just look a lot better with the bald/buzzed look than other men do. It's not a good option for everyone.

That's just silly. There's more to it than "excess testosterone". Some of the most fit, healthy and athletic people in the world have perfect hair.

You're just going to have to find women who don't care. It will decrease your pool of women, but you just gotta deal with it. How much hair have you lost? What are you on the norwood scale? There are definitely things you can do about it. Take propecia or avodart if you don't mind the idea of screwing around with your hormones and the "slight" risk of sexual side effects. There are tons of topical that have been proven to help thicken up hair. Even laser combs are the real deal and have helped some people thicken up their hair. The active ingredient in the dandruff shampoo Nizoral has been shown to slow down hairloss and help thicken up hair when used every few days. Depending on your level fo baldness, it is possible for you to reverse some of your hairloss and decrease the "balding" look. Check out the hairlosshelp.com or hairlosstalk.com forums.
i think the "excess testosterone" line is freakin' great! questioning the "science " of that line is like critically analyzing the Heroes series from a legitimate physics standpoint. it's pointless and not the point. nice one watertiger.

also: hairloss isn't the problem. it's irrelevant, pointless to focus on, and just plain old resistance.

what do all the greats ALWAYS SAY? you don't have to be the best looking guy to have kick ass game, you just have to be well groomed. find a way to make yer bald noodle look respectable and move on.

>>>>>it's not about how you look<<<<<<

it's about the man you ARE.

i think you'd be hard pressed to find a quality woman (assuming you're a quality man) who would reject you out of hand simply because of your hair.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
Karma's Law #5 Promote your flaws and insecurities.

I shave my head every day ( I like the shine ) and get compliments damn near as many times. I have a really good shaped head for it.

Like WaterTiger said, don't hide from your insecurities. Instead put them out in the open and prove to yourself that it's not a detriment to your character.

Whenever a woman wants to rub my head I tell her to make a wish first. Then after she rubs it and gets all worked up I tell her wish just came true!:crackup:

Drum&Bass

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
tough break dude...if you've got an oval shaped head your gonna have to compensate by having a thick neck and HUGE shoulders. I always see alotta diesel bald guys in their 30's with huge necks and upper bodies.

Its a good look and most if not ALL women love the bald beefed up monster appearance.

from here on out, the gym is your 2nd home/best friend and wife all rolled into one.

KBJ'ing reprezent !

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
Drum&Bass said:
tough break dude...if you've got an oval shaped head your gonna have to compensate by having a thick neck and HUGE shoulders. I always see alotta diesel bald guys in their 30's with huge necks and upper bodies.

Its a good look and most if not ALL women love the bald beefed up monster appearance.

from here on out, the gym is your 2nd home/best friend and wife all rolled into one.

KBJ'ing reprezent !
Haha! This is funny as fvck.

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man, I just got my first haircut in over a year and a half. I grew my hair back this winter because bald was cold as a mubbafugga last winter.

My dome looked pretty good bald, but I always wore a smooth ball cap around, so I didn't matter.

Here's the thing: rock whatever styles you are rocking. Don't apologize, don't explain, rock that sh!t. Love whatever you got. If someone says to you: "I don't like bald" tell them "It's a good thing you aren't bald then."

I think going bald for over a year was the best thing I could do to learn to be comfortable with my hair loss. I was so self-conscious about my bald head at first... "do you like it?" "what do you think?" Those questions always got wishy-washy "it's ok" or "it's different". But when I started "rocking" it (not giving a fux what others thought, boasting merits like no $$$ on shampoo or haircuts, etc.) people started to claim they "loved it".

Now, I grew my hair back for the winter. I'm sad to see just how big my forehead has become: I'm not losing my hair, my forehead is growing. Frame, my man, frame. Hair is a pain in the ass anyway. I rock it anyway. "I liked it better bald." "Tough rocks. It's winter, and it's warm, so here it is: deal with it."

I might shave it again in the spring.

Point is, it's just hair. Any impact it could possibly have is mainly due to YOUR OWN PERCEPTIONS/DISCOMFORT with it. Just like women, the sooner you stop giving a fux about it, the better off you will be.

Death, taxes, losing your hair... what are you going to do?

My line, like the "testosterone" one, is:

"I lost my baby teeth, too. Whoop-dee-do. I'm a man."

I'm against "faking it". To me, it's like taking steroids. Yay! Fake. Fake hair = fake you.

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WaterTiger said:

You forgot Patrick Stewart.

Man, I know so many chicks that admit they want to fux Patrick Stewart, it's silly.

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I also want to add that humans weren't supposed to live past 30.

Which is why we need dentists - our teeth weren't SUPPOSED to last for 80 years. Our hair wasn't meant to stay in our heads for 80 years. Since hair really doesn't have any function aside from cosmetic appeal, a toupee isn't necessary like dentures are.

I believe that the whole thing with men being concerned with their hairloss is one of the MOST obvious, exploited, and widely accepted, "feminization of males" things there is. Who taught you to be ashamed of your hair? Embrace your masculinity - don't be ashamed of it.

:rockon: See? Even rockon smiley dude is bald. You don't see him apologizing for being a man, do you? Nope. He's rockin' it - non-stop 'till the breaka-breaka dawn.