Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How are some guys so successful with dating apps?

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I hired a "semi-pro" photographer. My pics were better than natural, but not professional model quality pics. I did this because I didn't want to have pics that were so perfect looking that someone might think they were fake or get on a date and claim I didn't look as good as my pics. I also gave my photographer examples of what I wanted before the photo shoot. I explained to her the look I was trying to convey.

You can upload your pics to photofeeler and have them rated. Select your audience to review. Money well spent.
Ahh ok, see that's more effort than it's probably worth in my eyes, considering how garbage dating apps are for men in general.

I just have it to have at this point and expect very little if anything.

BadWatermelon

Don Juan
Reaction score
How do people come up with this? Like is it through a site or something?

One of the problems I have with Tinder and other dating apps is people legitimately think my profile is fake. Some of the pictures I have on there are from modeling shoots for my portfolio and people assume I'm not real.

This go-around I tried to use more "natural" pics but I'm actually getting fewer matches with that approach so I don't know where the line is between looking fake or looking average.
Try adding a selfie or two that aren't the main pic.

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Smiling with a bow tie
Finance at bulge bracket bank
Pic of me on a mountain
Pic of a sick shot I took in La Jolla
Pic of my feet on the beach
No dog yet, apply to discuss

going for gold

Reaction score
Im pretty successful on dating apps.

I’m a 5’11 29 year old black male in NYC.

Exclusively dated Asian/White women age 18-24 and met over 200+ women from OLD in the past 3 years

What helped me out was the following:

1. Professional pics, I learned, took, and edited them myself at home from YouTube. Never needed to pay anyone

2. Wore lifts and grew my hair out to make me 6’2

3. I’m in great shape/great style. 6 pack

4. Activity videos such as me dunking a basketball and skydiving

5. I invite women straight to my place in the first message “Hey! Wine/movie night? My place?” and then ask for the number to FaceTime for 5 mins.
Curious do you list yourself as 5’11 or 6’2 on the apps? - if it’s the latter I’ve gotta imagine that’s a big factor in the world of apps

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I asked my Tinder matches why they swiped Right on me. All said something to the effect of "I like the way you look." I listed myself as 5'8" (Though I'm more like 5'7").

Aeterna

Don Juan
Reaction score
Curious do you list yourself as 5’11 or 6’2 on the apps? - if it’s the latter I’ve gotta imagine that’s a big factor in the world of apps
I put 6’2. Girls don’t believe any guy on a dating app is 5’11.

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OLD really comes down to being good looking and living in an area with a lot of access to women. At least a small metro area. Having good pictures of you doing fun stuff is a major plus. And then simply not screwing it up and not being too talkative before date 1. Set up the first date and hit a home run from there.

Guys typically get into trouble because they over-DM prior to the date OR just keep talking without setting a date up at all.
For short term, location isn't that important. I travel often, mostly business. Often to small towns in CA. When I was on Tinder, I would set my location to the small town (For example; Roseville, or Manteca), Post on Tinder I was in town for the day and looking to hang out and get a drink after work. Did the same when traveling through IA, MO and AR. Worked well. Might not be so great for LTR in those locations though.

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How do people come up with this? Like is it through a site or something?

One of the problems I have with Tinder and other dating apps is people legitimately think my profile is fake. Some of the pictures I have on there are from modeling shoots for my portfolio and people assume I'm not real.

This go-around I tried to use more "natural" pics but I'm actually getting fewer matches with that approach so I don't know where the line is between looking fake or looking average.
I used iPhone selfies. That was plenty good.